AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Extreme Mustang Makeover

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Extreme Mustang Makeover Empty
PostSubject: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to put this. I have a friend who is doing the Northwest Edition of the Extreme Mustang Makeover. She wanted me to do it as well, but I don't quite have fencing up to what the BLM requires.

For those that don't know the EMM is sponsered by The Mustang Heritage Foundation. The trainers, after being accepted, go to the designated pickup spot (in this instance the BLM holding corrals in Burns OR) and pickup a wild horse that the BLM chooses for them. They take the horse home and have 90 days to train the horse before competing on the horse with the rest of the trainers. For this Edition the competition will be held in OR 90 days from this past Saturday. At the end of the two day (sometimes 3 day depending on how many trainers/horses there are) competition, the now trained mustangs are auctioned off to the highest bidder.

My friend picked up her horse on Sat. He's a big (15.2 hands) 3 year old (I believe) bay mustang gelding. You can follow her progress, if you like, on her blog (she links other trainers blogs there as well) or on her message board.

Blog: http://mustangdiaries.blogspot.com/

Message board: http://mustanghorses.proboards107.com/index.cgi

I have to start saving now lol, she finally brought home a mustang that will be plenty big enough for my hubby to ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks for posting.
I think I'm going to put in my application for the Wyoming Mustang Makeover, Unless they plan something closer to me(I still need to call and ask). It looks fun, and I have always wanted to gentle a mustang and this gives me a little incentive to do so.

Good luck to your friend!
Danielle
Back to top Go down
http://www.gavilantrading.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:51 pm

The Wyoming one is usually the 'big' one, with the competition in TX. Smile

I believe they have the next year's list out on the Mustang Heritage site. There are several they're doing in 2009.

I have two mustangs here and they are so different from my other horses. Definitely worth the work though.

Good luck and if you decide to take the Challenge be sure to make a blog and sign up on the Mustang board. You'll get lots of support and help. There's quite a following there.
Back to top Go down
HorseTender
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
HorseTender

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:02 pm

It's very cool to find this thread here. I've been selected as a trainer for the Midwest Mustang Makeover and I'll be heading to Illinois to pick up my mustang in a few days! I'm excited and yeah, a little nervous... I'm not really nervous about the mustang or the training, but I've never been in any type of competition with horses. So I'm a little antsy about the actual competition in April!!
(I've read that last years event played out to a full house of 8,000 people - yikes! affraid LOL)

Thanks for the link to the message board and blogs, I'll have to check them out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horsetender.org
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:29 pm

HorseTender wrote:
I've been selected as a trainer for the Midwest Mustang Makeover and I'll be heading to Illinois to pick up my mustang in a few days!

Awesome! Keep us updated on your progress with your Mustang.

I am still anxiously awaiting the application for the WY makeover to be put online, so that I can fill it out and send it in. I'm trying not to get my hopes up of being accepted as a trainer but I can't help but day dream about it a little bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gavilantrading.com
HorseTender
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
HorseTender

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Danielle wrote:

Awesome! Keep us updated on your progress with your Mustang.

I will! I do have a blog that I've started, there's not much there at the moment, but I plan to do regular updates on my mustang project.

Quote :

I am still anxiously awaiting the application for the WY makeover to be put online, so that I can fill it out and send it in. I'm trying not to get my hopes up of being accepted as a trainer but I can't help but day dream about it a little bit. Very Happy

Hey, you gotta have dreams! Good luck! I was thinking about applying for some of the other Makeover events for this year too. I'd love to compete at the big one in Texas and/or maybe try for the Wyoming one since it's so close to home. I'm gonna wait and see how this first one goes. You have to dream big, get out of your comfort zone and reach a little bit. Well this is certainly one of those things for me. The thought of riding in front of all those people really freaks me out at times, but I'm still going full speed ahead with it! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.horsetender.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Mustang Makeover   Extreme Mustang Makeover Empty

Back to top Go down

Extreme Mustang Makeover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: