AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Barn Cams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Barn Cams   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 am

So, how many of you use barn cams for foal watching your mares?

Do you have them public on the internet, privately accessed on the internet, or not at all on the internet?

Do you have a favorite camera to use? Or a most hated one, that you would NOT reccommend any one gets?

I have two barn cams that I bought through www.WeFoal.com. They set me up with a sweet, sweet system within my budget. Last year I went private, but accessible via the internet with a log in name and password. This year I might go public?

Any pros and cons to going public?

Anyone have a cam system on thier arena? The barn down the street does this for lessons. The parents can log in and watch thier kids on their horses from work or where ever.

Your thoughts on all of this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Barn Cams   Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:36 am

I think it's all great. Although I hate to watch myself ride, it really catches you when you do something wrong and is a great learning tool.

When my mare was about to foal, I bought a baby camera and monitor. It could reach from her stall to the house. It had a good screen and sound. It was good enough to do the job.

I do like to go look on the web at various foal stall cameras. I've never seen a birth but like to watch the little ones hanging out or snoozing away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nnarabians.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Barn Cams   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm

I've seen so many births, both good and bad via the internet. It can be a great learning experience for those that need to learn a bit.

The message boards and chats attached to the various Foaling Cam internet sites are fun to hang out in and chat with people from the various farms.

We even found a cast horse once and called the owners so they could help roll the horse off the wall.

I think barn cams are a great idea, just not sure if I want to go public or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drgasspasser
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Barn Cams   Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm at work (hospitals don't close for Christmas, LOL) so I don't know the details of the camera, but we have one foaling camera that is wireless to our house. We use an old computer monitor as the TV screen, as it is small and unobtrusive, but I can see it from the bed. The camera is really amazing, as we leave no lights on in the barn, but can see the mare quite easily, even in complete darkness. we have no plans to go on line with the camera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.willowbendfarm.com
rawhidenlace
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Barn Cams   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 pm

My husband is an IT nut and we have a complete network in our house. Haven't had a mare foal for two years now (horse market just doesn't promote it right now) but when we did, we used an old laptop with video cam. I was able to watch from my computer in the house. Bad thing about it, even though we had all this technoglogy, we stilled missed the birth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.juniperdesertarabians.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barn Cams   

Back to top Go down

Barn Cams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1