AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!

Go down 
+3
Austin
Whoacomer
McShaneArabians
7 posters
AuthorMessage
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Empty
PostSubject: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:14 pm

I liked this thread in ABN, so I thought it would be fun to start one here, too Very Happy Warning!!...picture intensive..

Today was a lovely day...we worked around the backyard now that all the snow is pretty much gone...small hill in the front, but that'll soon be gone if this nice weather keeps up! We got a bunch of river rock and railroad ties and I've started putting some of the rock around my round pen..later in spring I will plant vinca and sweet allysum in the them and add a heavy duty wire to the inside of the round pen to keep inquiring lips from the blossoms!...my hub put some pavers in front of my feed shed...in spring I'll add some groundcover or moss in between each one. I live in the desert and my property is pretty much natural landscape, ie: dirt, Joshuas and junipers... One of my favorite aroma plants is rosemary (pink jasmine is my FAV!)...so I planted some around 3 of my trees today...mmmm...my hands still smell good!...worked Noble Lord and gave him a bath...then got dinner buckets ready and caught my 15 yr old dog, Penny, sneaking some of the goodies from the bucket! My dear, sweet, hub got busy today and dug a trench and is pouring the poles for lights at my roundpen and arena so I can see at night after work...truck headlights just don't cut it!

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03910

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03911

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03912

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03913

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03914

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03915

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03916

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03917

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03918

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03919
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
Whoacomer
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Whoacomer

Female
Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Wow Becca,

You've got a great hubby! I too love Rosemary, Lavender and Jasmin flower

Nice job on the landscape and roundpen..

Brandy
Back to top Go down
http://www.brandyworley.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks Brandy...it's taken 20 years for him to do this for me...you know..the regular ups and downs...but I am truly grateful for what he does for me out back! Oh yeah...I love anything that smells gooood!...stock, sweet allysum, roses, jasmine, lavender, rosemary, sage, you name it...I'm a smelly kind of person! lol

Whoacomer wrote:
Wow Becca,

You've got a great hubby! I too love Rosemary, Lavender and Jasmin flower

Nice job on the landscape and roundpen..

Brandy
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Here you go Justin...pics of the Lord!...Fuzzy as heck in his winter coat...to be zipped off when I body clip him soon. More from today...I'm taking advantage of the good weather and a co-operative husband!

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc03920

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04010

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04011

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04012

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04013

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04014

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04015

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04016
Back to top Go down
Austin
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Austin

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 pm

McShaneArabians wrote:
I'm a smelly kind of person! lol

Yeah I heard something about you being smelly.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.garretttraining.com
Whoacomer
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Whoacomer

Female
Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Well I wanted to add to the " what we did out in the barn today" with what i did in the pasture today.. I seeded my pasture with 25lb of Timothy, Clover and a pasture mix of Bermuda and some other types of grass....
I wanted something for my horses to graze on cat

My Barnlord was nice enough to bring his big tractor out with the manly size tiller on the back and tilled while I watched Razz .. I then took a seed spreader and attempted to spread grass seed over the 1/4 Acre pasture.. I did not take pics because it was just dirt.. I will take pics when the green stuff comes up..
Brandy
Back to top Go down
http://www.brandyworley.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 am

Hahahah...oink oink!

Austin wrote:
McShaneArabians wrote:
I'm a smelly kind of person! lol

Yeah I heard something about you being smelly.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:40 am

That is soooo cool to seed your own pasture...I wish I had more land to do that, too. I can't wait to see how it turns out...I hope it does good for you and your horses..and tasty, too! I need to buy a tractor...I generally hire someone to disc and drag my arena once a year...I have a riding mower I use to pull the drag around my property to keep it smooth and to keep weeds down...I love doing it because it's therapeutic for me!

Whoacomer wrote:
Well I wanted to add to the " what we did out in the barn today" with what i did in the pasture today.. I seeded my pasture with 25lb of Timothy, Clover and a pasture mix of Bermuda and some other types of grass....
I wanted something for my horses to graze on cat

My Barnlord was nice enough to bring his big tractor out with the manly size tiller on the back and tilled while I watched Razz .. I then took a seed spreader and attempted to spread grass seed over the 1/4 Acre pasture.. I did not take pics because it was just dirt.. I will take pics when the green stuff comes up..
Brandy
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Ok...this isn't the "It's all about what McShane did around the barn today" thread...so share your pics and stories, too!..

lol..but here are some pics of our King today after his workout...I know he needs tons more conditioning...health and work hours have cut into that schedule..but we are catching up...but does he look too fat??...I tend to like mine on the plumper side, but I think he looks ok, but could be trimmed down a bit when the muscle comes.

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04010

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04011

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04013

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04012

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04110
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Oh Yeah...and who would have thought a little concrete under my washrack after 10 years could be so awesome??!!...AND, hubby finishing up the first of several light poles he made for me..wooo hooo...night work made easy! It's amazing how the simple necessities make you feel when you get them...I hope one day when I'm rich I find the same pleasure and happiness over the same things! Wink ...now...for a covered arena....!

I think it's almost dead on!....please note the Camo Pants!! hehe
What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Dsc04113

Last edited by McShaneArabians on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:07 am

I think your boy looks great. I'll give my short version. Here's my one photo friend Janice took from my lesson today with the Jr stud. I think we were still warming up. What a strange look on my face!

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Jrless10I

And...my neice and nephew (and myself) rode on the crazy Ayrab Stallion

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Brinsj10

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Brinsr10

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Brinsr11

Also schooled our halter colt, but we lost the memory stick that those pix are on! It's somewhere on our property (outside!)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 am

Those are such great pics!...I bet your niece and nephew had a blast....and it was the sun in yer eyes I tell ya!!...lol...I can relate because I swear it always seems no matter what time of the day it is at work...when I'm out in the field working the sun seems to blaze in my face...drives me nuts! Those crazy Ayrabs...you just can't always trust them now, can you!!? hehe! I hope by the grace of good luck you find your memory stick!
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi,
You all evidently live somewhere warm....(heavenly bliss...lol) . It was in the single digits this morning, something like 6 (we've been on a warming trend). I went out and cleaned stalls, straightened my boy's blanket and fed. Then since I had a couple of minutes left, I wrapped my arms around my boy's neck and buried my face in all of that warm fuzz. You know the feeling - the cool, long, coarse guard hairs against your cheek and forehead, with your nose buried in the nice soft (warm) undercoat, and when you inhale, the world smells of that nice sweet, grassy smell that is uniquely horse. Could have stayed there forever.
We are not usually this far in the icebox...tomorrow it is supposed to reach the 20s, and it is rumored that we will reach the 30s on Wednesday. I try to avoid working horses when it is less than 20...it can be a little hard on the lungs, mostly mine. Am hoping to ride again - soon !
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Maybe it's global warming. Midwest and East is freezing, seems more than usual. We're in Northern California and it's been in the mid 60's. Salinas (Central Coast) hit 83 the other day! I noticed even Oregon is sunny (hardly ever happens).

We are in desperate need of rain, so as much as I've enjoyed the weather, we better start doing the rain dance. No
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Well...your rain dance and my smudging must have worked because today we had rain!
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 pm

We've had sprinkles. Expecting .10" tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 pm

It's official. It's raining! Just got in from evening chores. We can use every little drop we get. Aside from that:

I exercised our liberty filly, halter colt and rode the crazy ayrab stud.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 am

LOL...it rained earlier today on my way to work...then in the morning a bit...but after that overcast clouds remained with the occasional wayward droplet...I got off work at 6pm...home by 7pm and worked the King...he practically led me to the round pen!
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:44 am

Ok, please tell me that I am not the only one that has a bad 3yo stallion?!?! Here we go...

Well, since he bombed at our last show, I have been working him in the round pen every day. The show was almost 2 weeks ago. I have been bridling him and putting a chain through the bit. I think that is how I will do it at Scottsdale.

Somedays are good and some are bad. Our bad day this week, he got the chain up in his mouth (his lips are CONSTANTLY moving) and freaked himself out...and up....and over. The longe line tore through my hand and the slack must have wrapped around it. All of a sudden I knew something had popped in my hand. Psymin kept his mouth shut after that and he finished what I asked him to like a good boy.

I took off my gloves and I had a HUGE bruise already formed and a bubble/welt on my hand. Nothing broken, but hands shouldn't be blue/purple/red.

I just need him to not rear up in the arena and to turn on the cones when I turn and not push me around. That's what we're trying to get down. WOAH when I stop. TURN when I turn.

Here he is after our Sunday body clip!
What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Side1_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Nat, boys will be boys. Remember though, don't school him too much on the actual triangle. And, too much of the same thing groundwork wise will make him bored. The big thing I learned with mine is just that he behaves ALL the time. The nippy, playing, fidgeting, etc, etc, etc is never, ever acceptable. Do the dressage whip thing that I told you about. Plus, you can also work on moving the hips over. I'll email you on this stuff. Actually, we should start a thread under the general training as I've had problems and continue to with my 2 year old and you too.

As for showing with a chain through the bit, I use reins. Read the thread under the SH forum that Dr. Laura (? I think it was her) wrote in. Interesting way to use the reins to get impulsion.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:02 pm

McShane
I was just looking at the pictures closer - I like your wash rack....does it have a brand name or did your clever hubby make it for you? :-)
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Are you talking about sport horse in hand?....when I showed my *Bask/*Aladdinn stallion in hand I would braid the reins into his mane the length that I wanted them...then I attached the lead w/chain through the Ds on the bit...this worked great for me and kept the reins neat and quiet, too.

Your boy looks great bodyclipped!! Awesome job and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
RZugg
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
RZugg

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:05 pm

I know this thread is old but I like it! LOL. McShane where did you get that washrack? I really like it as well....

Today we had rain.... but the rest of this week we got alot of needed work done around our place. New vinyl fencing is now up and all the stalls were stripped and we bedded them down with rice hulls instead of shavings. I am liking them much much better! They are so much easier to maintain.

We gave everyone baths and did some facial clipping and bridle paths. Got some new pics of my boy Regulus that I posted in his own thread...

We are in the middle of completely rebuilding our barn and I'm glad the weather is nice and warm because we still have no sides on the barn. But the openness of it keeps a very nice breeze blowing through and since it stays so hot here in the summer I think it will be nicer for the horses. I will be glad when the overhaul is complete tho. It has been a long road but we can finally see the end of it!

Next will be my roundpen, we got it put up but are awaiting the load of sand for it.... I had forgotten how difficult it is to exercise horses without a roundpen!

Rachel
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 am

audie wrote:
McShane
I was just looking at the pictures closer - I like your wash rack....does it have a brand name or did your clever hubby make it for you? :-)

I'm sooo sorry Audie...I somehow missed your post!! Nope...my clever hubby didn't make this washrack...it is a prototype I was testing for MD Barns when I was a barn sales rep....normally they built their racks whole and had to ship them UPS that way...it was very bulky...if you look at this one you will see it comes apart and is secured with bolts....that way it can be broken down flat for shipping in a box. I love it...my hub finally poured concrete tho...lol..THAT took about 8+ years!...I was sooo sick of the mud when the horses pawed...but love it now and have to get a mat for it tho!
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:43 am

RZugg wrote:
I know this thread is old but I like it! LOL. McShane where did you get that washrack? I really like it as well....

Rachel

LOL Rachel...see my previous reply to Audie! Not sure if MD continued with this model because I quit after a while and went back to law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!   What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories! Empty

Back to top Go down

What We Did At The Barn Today!...share your stories!
Page 1 of 1