AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

IS IT POSSIBLE??....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 pm

as taken from my AA facebook post....

.....that other amateur Arabian horse owners could experience the same high and excitement that I'm still feeling even a week after the of the end of Scottsdale? I have to say that I have never experienced a better show and the euphoria still lingers.

On a personal level I came to Scottsdale not knowing what to expect as a first timer...but after stabling with the Ammy Army, next year can't come too soon! Five farms of amateur horse owners stabled together and created memories of a lifetime. The support and team spirit allowed us to focus on what was important...getting our horses ready for their classes with minimal stress or worries. We took care of each other... mucking, feeding, grabbing waters, sanding hooves, prepping faces, pinning numbers, pitching in treats for the barn party, babysitting the horses,etc... We learned alot from others with more experience and those are things that will stay with me forever.

I certainly could have shown at Scottsdale alone...had my 2 stalls somewhere by myself, as could the others...but because we banded together we became the very example of what the Ammy Army represents..."Leave No Enthusiast Behind!" So with that, noone in our group had met each other before except online...a bunch of strangers intent on showing and doing their best....and we all did!

I've heard a lot of people say they've stopped showing because it wasn't fun anymore...I gotta tell ya folks...this is the way to bring the fun back into showing! This can be done in every region, too. All you have to do is meet other ammy owners like yourself and stable together....the rest is up to you! You make your experience what it is with your own expectations, goals, and willingness to make it happen. Go forth and have the show of a lifetime and at the same time make new friends and share experiences!...it only gets better and better!....The Scotts Ammy's are already talking of reuniting and showing at the Breeders Cup in Vegas...so come on board and join us...believe me, you WON'T be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.McShaneArabians.com
Julie
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Rebecca,

That pretty well sums it up! The group made it alot more fun, people to celebrate, gripe or just spend time with, sure made a difference. If it isn't fun, who wants to spend alot of money to do it? Besides, it gives everyone someone to route for and encouragement is never in short supply. That's exceptional to have like minded people to share the whole experience with! Del should get an award, I don't know how he came up with the whole thing but he did an awesome job from planning to execution, it went off and people are sure talking about it. We need to keep it going!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Glad to hear it was so much fun Rebecca! Anyone up for planning a Buckeye invasion in 2010??? (I have school and have to put that first right now!) They have new prize money classes for amatuers in the performance divisions, I posted the information under the Buckeye show's page. I can't wait until I can meet up with everyone...no Vegas for me, I have half-arabians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Krissy, I will be a part of the Buckeye invasion in 2010. Our new colt will be ready then & hopefully have this year under his belt so I'm all set for the big time next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:00 pm

We had a great time too! Although I actually did know Del from before, but not very well. We were both in the barn with Ricardo Rivero when he was here. We met at one of his parties and had seen each other at a few shows. I actually know his dad better, talk to him every 6 months or so on the phone for a few minutes. In preparing for Scottsdale, Del gave advice on Jehan's training and came to help me once. That is truely part of what the Ammy Army is about.

I really know Del a whole lot better after the show! We did become a group of friends and I miss my new found friends! Part of planning and looking forward to Vegas is due to that group of friends that we made and hope to be able to add more into the mix!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mortazavifarms.com
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Shahnara wrote:
Krissy, I will be a part of the Buckeye invasion in 2010. Our new colt will be ready then & hopefully have this year under his belt so I'm all set for the big time next year.

Oh goodie! I won't have to go it alone! How old is your colt? You may want to take a look at the prize money programs that they have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:13 pm

He's just turning two this year so no performance for him, just halter. I'm really excited about him though so picking out the bigger shows for next year for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS IT POSSIBLE??....   

Back to top Go down

IS IT POSSIBLE??....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: AMMY ARMY MAJOR SHOW RING INVASIONS :: NORTH AMERICAN INVASIONS :: SCOTTSDALE AMMY ARMY WESTWORLD INVASION-
Jump to: