AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

region 11

Go down 
+6
sparkleplenty
DELGADO
knrarabians
JRdesire
ChelseaW
Shiniane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiniane
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-11-27

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: region 11   region 11 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 pm

I think I might be the only one here in Region 11....

sooooo lonely.
Back to top Go down
ChelseaW
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
ChelseaW

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-02

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 7:27 pm

You're not the only one Smile I'm in Illinois as well, and I know there are a couple more Region 11-ers here. I just don't post a lot on here as I mostly show with a trainer now. I still do dressage & sport horse stuff on my own, but I haven't had much time to get horses to shows on my own the past year or so.

That being said, I'll be at the Region 11 championship in July, just with my trainer Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.arabinc.org
JRdesire
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-29

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 am

Indeed, you are not alone. I don't know what showing I will be doing this year, I was just laid off my job a month ago and so things are a bit uncertain right now.
Back to top Go down
knrarabians
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
knrarabians

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-16

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Guys! Just wanted to introduce myself ..... my husband and I are in Region XI and we run the Iowa Gold Star Futurity and some other small fun shows in Iowa. My name is Kelly and my hubby is Russ. We'd love to have the Ammy Army come join us in Sept at the Gold Star Futurity. Even if you don't bring any horses this year ..... just come up and see what we're all about. Click on www.goldstarfuturity.com to read more about our show and to see lots of pics. Or click on www.iowagoldstarfuturity.blogspot.com to read our new blog. I try to update it regularly. As showtime gets closer, I'll be posting several times a day letting people know what's happening with all the parties and vendors and classes and parties and hotels and parties ... oh, and I'll write about the PARTIES. Surprised)
Back to top Go down
http://iowagoldstarfuturity.blogspot.com
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:40 am

WOO HOO!!! Glad to have you two. Let me set up an IOWA GOLD STAR INVASION thread for ya. Give my best to Russ.
Back to top Go down
Shiniane
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:43 pm

JRdesire wrote:
Indeed, you are not alone. I don't know what showing I will be doing this year, I was just laid off my job a month ago and so things are a bit uncertain right now.

We're kind of in a similar boat ourselves at the moment. My husband was also recently laid off, so we're not sure what we will be able to do showing wise for a bit - at least we don't have to worry about our horses.
Back to top Go down
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-28

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm from Region 11 and just got back from my first show. The horses I train myself got qualified for Regionals in PB CEP, PB Show Hack open and AO, PB Costume open and AO, and HA Hunter Open and AOTR. The ones with my trainer got qualified in HA English AOTR and PB English AOTR. Two others from my barn that are ammy owner/trainers got qualified in HA hunter and Pb Hunter. So we are ready to head to Springfield in July. We are also going to go the Niahac, I brought my PB english horse home for a few months to work, he's a 4 year old and really good minded and I would like to put some extra time on him myself right now!!
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 pm

FANTASTIC news. Congrats and well done.
Back to top Go down
Shiniane
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am

sparkleplenty wrote:
I'm from Region 11 and just got back from my first show. The horses I train myself got qualified for Regionals in PB CEP, PB Show Hack open and AO, PB Costume open and AO, and HA Hunter Open and AOTR. The ones with my trainer got qualified in HA English AOTR and PB English AOTR. Two others from my barn that are ammy owner/trainers got qualified in HA hunter and Pb Hunter. So we are ready to head to Springfield in July. We are also going to go the Niahac, I brought my PB english horse home for a few months to work, he's a 4 year old and really good minded and I would like to put some extra time on him myself right now!!

Congratulations! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on! (would have if I'd known about it)

On the good side, we've had great things pop up and the future now looks bright and sunny for us.

My husband who was laid off from work now has a new and much higher paying job than he previously had, but will also allow us both more time to work on our horses together.

We are also moving our horses to a show barn where they will receive the kind of care that they so richly deserve.... and on top of that, I have a little trip to make in May to a recording studio in Nashville as there is some very strong interest in purchasing some music I wrote a number of years ago. Smile I just hope they don't keep me there too long.

Congratulations again though! Got pictures?
Back to top Go down
mcsarabs
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
mcsarabs

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-16

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:49 pm

I am in Region 11 too. We show Region 8/Region 11 and have our horses at home. I sold my two show horses last year and have babies coming up, so who knows when I will be in the ring again riding. I am taking my youngest to a few shows walk trot and we are showing our Halter gelding at either 8 or 11 this year. We usually stall by a trainer when at the shows. We do everything ourselves, but there are times when we send a horse to the trainer for some refreshers. Currently I have a 4 year old with Bruce and Dillon Bates in training with another awaiting his turn.
Back to top Go down
ChelseaW
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
ChelseaW

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Lori, your horses looked wonderful. I particularly love that big beautiful grey HA English horse of yours still Wink I was at the same show, and it was interesting, haha. My guy hates that arena, and by the time he was mostly over it he was sore from being on the concrete all week and didn't look his best. Go figure! I was going to ride another hunter the last day of the show, but we left late Saturday to get home for my mare's foaling.

Next show for us is NIAHAC as well. I don't think I'll be showing, but I'll be there to watch my four year old at his first show under saddle!
Back to top Go down
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Shiniane-where are you located in Illinois?? I'm glad your luck has turned around!!! You should come down to Niahac if you get a chance, it's May 8-10.

Chelsea-I know a lot of horses have trouble with the footing at Gordyville-I showed halter there once and thought I was going to break my ankle running in that stuff!! I didn't end up showing my HA hunter on Sunday, because he hates that arena, too many distractions on the side lines, so I figured what was the point. We are going to Niahac because Arab inc. doesn't have English classes and I have to practice on the big guy more, I was actually really happy with him, but we have to work on our walks!! It's fun to actually get to show him myself this year!! We'll see you at Niahac looking forward to seeing your 4 year old-does Brian have him?
Back to top Go down
ChelseaW
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
ChelseaW

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Yep my 4-year-old will be there with Brian Smile I'm not sure whether Brian will show him or not, but hopefully he will! He still has a lot of growing left physically for a 4-year-old, but we all really like him!
Back to top Go down
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Leaving for Regionals on Wednesday. Show starts on Thursday, I'm in the 2nd class, yuck!! What happened to Halter in the morning??!! Seems like the horses are ready, they worked great over the weekend. I do alot of outside work with my Pb country/show hack horse, which we both really enjoy. Seems like we see the same doe every time, nothing like a deer jumping in front of you to get ears!! Now I have to finish show clipping tonight and tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there, I will be stabled with Price Performance horses.
Back to top Go down
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:17 am

Had a great region 11, 5 res. champs. and 4 top fives. The amateur owned and trained horses from my barn had 1 champ, 6 res. champs., and 6 top fives. Yeah!!
Back to top Go down
mcsarabs
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
mcsarabs

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:59 pm

We took our halter gelding to Region 11. Although we were stabled with Bruce Bates Training, Tee lives with us all year long except 2 1/2 months before Nationals when he goes down for super conditioning.
Tee and Mike were Champion AOTH Gelding and OPEN at 11. Mike showed Tee in both classes and our horse was just WONDERFUL.
Back to top Go down
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 pm

I saw him and he is very nice, good luck at US!!! I'm taking 3 or 4 and my mom is taking 2 we will be stabled with Price Performance Horses.
Back to top Go down
mcsarabs
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
mcsarabs

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Thank you. He is a very sweet boy, we love him. He is the only one we are taking this year but hopefully next year my two saddleseat boys will be going in Junior classes. Maybe we can look you up! Smile we are stabled with Bruce Bates Training. It is very strange for me to go to a show and not have to lift a finger. Usually I am doing it all, so although it is a nice change, there is a lot of time to be filled when you aren't bathing ,feeding, working and cleaning tack.
Congrats of your wins at 11!
Back to top Go down
ChelseaW
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
ChelseaW

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm not sure how many of you will be there, but next Saturday at ABU, a friend of mine is holding a Legion of Excellence presentation & party for WCF RENEGADE+// prior to the evening session! The party will be held at Scoggins Training Center's stalls, and everyone is invited! We plan to have a great time!

I'll have three horses at the show myself with STC...Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
FamesTradition
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-19

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: NIAHAC 2010 Show- Anyone going?   region 11 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Just checking to see if anyone is going to the NIAHAC show this year. Looking to hook up with some other folks there, even better to stall w/some other Ammies. I have done the BNT thing, but have decided to go on my on this year.
Back to top Go down
AuburnRose87
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Registration date : 2008-12-01

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Are there any Ammy Army in Missouri??Or am I all alone here???Lol.
Back to top Go down
FamesTradition
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:07 am

You certainly aren't the only one in R11, I had thought the same myself due to the lack of postings in this section.

Are you going to U.S.? I haven't decided yet. I'm loosing interest with showing with the lack of respect that the membership is given. They do not listen to us, make decisions that reflect poorly on the breed, and I could go on...

If I do go, it is with the hopes of selling my showhorse and then quitting AHA.
Back to top Go down
Acorn-Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Acorn-Arabians

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-26

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Anyone from the Ammy Army going to the American Royal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Acorn-Arabians.com
FamesTradition
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 pm

I will be there, PB WP. How about you?
Back to top Go down
Acorn-Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Acorn-Arabians

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I am showing a weanling colt - a country english pleasure horse - and have a horse in liberty. It is a first for me at liberty - and a 2nd for me at halter. I followed Dimitri's instructions on the colt- and we will see how I did!
Back to top Go down
Acorn-Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Acorn-Arabians

Female

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 am

Just an update - after following Dimitri's halter training lessons - I had a great show with my mom's weanling! He was such a good student - and behaved so well. This is my first attempt at training a halter horse - he did such a good job - remembered his lessons and followed my cue.

I am really impressed with Dimitri's lessons - and now I am inspired to try it out on my own horses! I never even liked halter - but it was really fun with this colt! He brought home a 1st and 2nd (double region show). I know weanlings are easier than an older horse - but it showed me what could be done! I think I learned more that the colt.

Thank you Dimitri!!!
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Are you kidding me? The obvious excitment you feel and the fun you had is thanks enough. Congratulations to you and your horse and THAT is the way to go out there and get it done. Give yourself a pat on the back:) By the way, you have now put the foundation into him, without fear, and you will be pleasantly suprised about how GOOD he is as an older horse as well. Sirpremacy DP is completely AMMY ARMY trained and as a 3YO now he is on automatic pilot when I get out in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

region 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: region 11   region 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

region 11
Page 1 of 1