AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's back!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

It's back!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Well darn her!

Watch she'll foal in the middle of the day when you're not watching, just to spite you!

We had one that woud foal during the day when her owners were at work. That was before we got her. For me she foaled in the middle of the night, I was around too much during the daylight hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 am

CVR ? Still no baby?
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 3:07 am

Nope. I said that in the Kitties thread lol.

There's been a couple of times when I thought for sure she was going to foal, but no foal. I had the vet out and she barely got in there before she ran into hooves so the foal is right there and ready... Don't know why it's holding back lol.

She's gotten extremely cranky, to the point where nothing is allowed in her pen. She's taken to attacking the chickens when they walk through. I have to tie her up to clean up after her. I sure hope she calms down after she foals. She's 'due' Saturday, so hopefully she'll foal soon.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am

I can't believe it! I guess she had false labor? I didn't know horses would do that!

I'm really sorry for you that she is so uncomfortable. I do hope that everything goes well and she foals soon.

Is she still dripping milk?
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm

She's still dripping. I have to go in and 'catch' a back leg (as it's coming through the air at me) and hold it up before I can get the bottle anywhere near her udders to catch the drips.

My sweet little mare has turned into a witch. My husband went over the pass to Spokane today, how much you wanna bet she has it today while he's gone?

*Sigh* I hate the thought of going in the pen with no back-up but a 10 year old, but... Well, she hasn't touched her breakfast yet and it's been sitting there for almost 4 hours... I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Poor mare! Sounds like she's just really uncomfortable!

We had a neighbor come down today. They purchased a mare a her colt last fall. She was rebred, they were told maybe (no records, not really sure) at the end of August. Would potentially make her due sometime in July. She has the milk vein. We did a rough calculation. The colt was 4 months old in September when they purchased the two. If she was bred on her foal heat or even the cycle after, she would be due either this month or early May. I told our neighbor that they might want to get her spring/foaling shots done. I'm going to run down there tomorrow and take a look at her. Plus, they will need to seperate momma and son. I think they're together!

Good luck CVR! I hope to see cute pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:25 am

I'm in the same boat as your neighbor. Finally got this horse up here right after Scottsdale and last week found out she was bred. She's maybe a 1.5 on the body scale and due in July. Surprise! Smile That will make 3 mares due in July, blah busy month...

Miss Mamma is doing all sorts of weird stretches, though she did finally eat today. Now she's in her corner with her rump on the wall... as usual. I'll post pics when she does finally foal.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Poor thing. Hopefully she's due when you think she is and you can get some groceries into her!
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, no foal yet, but our last doe kidded a gorgeous little buckling this evening. So far, she's rejecting him. She's a first freshener and the look on her face when she stood up and saw him for the first time, was priceless. We all started laughing. She looked at him like he was an alien from outer space. Hubby said 'He's your space alien, an alien from your inner space." I don't think she really cared where he came from lol. We ended up milking her and bottle feeding him some colostrum.

He's a strong little guy. He was stuck for about 20 minutes. It took so long for me to get him out, I really thought he'd be dead, but he started squacking immediately and was up within minutes. We named him Heron.

Right now they're curled up together in the shed. We also picked up a Nubian doe and her 7 week old doeling and two 6 week old lamanch/boer cross doelings. That doe and kid gave me a heart attack. She escaped and ran off down the road. I had to run after her, head her off, turn her around, and chase ... errr herd her back to the pen. Scared me half to death. Luckily there was no traffic and she's stayed put after that.

The mare, again, didn't eat most of the day today. She has finally started to nibble on her hay. She stomped a chicken this morning. Unfortunately, it was Kissy's favorite hen, the one she brings inside to watch TV with, the one she tried to sneak in her backpack to take to school.... She was totally upset and yelled at that mare. The new doelings and then the buckling have settled her down a bit. I had to tell her she could steal a chick from a hen this year and make it another pet. Kids...

I'll let you know if this mare ever decides to foal. I'd love to get a full night's sleep soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's back!!!!   It's back!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's back!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2