AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just when things seem the worst

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiniane
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Just when things seem the worst Empty
PostSubject: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am

Just when things could not possibly seem to get worst, it's like the sun rose for us on a blinding new day.

I think I mentioned once before that my husband had been laid off....

Well, he has a new job starting on Monday that pays a lot better than what he was doing before.

To top that off, for a number of months now, we had been very unhappy with the level of care our mares had been receiving at the barn we had been boarding at. However, even this is going to change in a mere two weeks. Two weeks because we have an appointment to get vaccinations and the yearly coggins done to keep them in schedule with the new showing barn we are moving to.

I was so happy when I got home from looking around this new barn the second time I cried, happy tears because I knew our girls would be happy there. It is much like the facility we originally purchased them from with the same high level quality of care. We are not the first people to move from our old barn to this one, some of those that we became close to have already moved their horses there, so the ones we became good friends with already are there and will be happy to see us and there is none of the atttitude towards the "crazy ayrab" we have been dealing with this last few months because they already HAVE arabians there that they think the world of.

This is also a major breeding facility, who are accustomed to AI, heated stalls for the foaling barn and so much more, I could type pages on what is there, and to top it off, the price is not much different to what we were paying for what I consider to be below standard care. Yeah, I'm picky. We cannot ever have children, so our horses ARE our children and we want nothing but the BEST for them.

I don't have many to share this fantastic news with, so I wanted to share it with my fellow Ammy Army members because I am so happy about all of this. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had "barn troubles".

I also wanted to say too....

That even when things seem the worst, FAITH, regardless of who or what you want to call God, the Creator or whatever, can work miracles, and indeed, I feel a miracle was worked for us.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Congrats Shiniane! I'm glad things are looking up for you.

You should expect nothing but the best for your animals, whether you have two-legged children or not. We try to treat horses entrusted to our care the same as our own (which is pretty good). Not every barn is this way.

Your new place sounds fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Congrats on finding a new place. I,myself, have had barn troubles. *Sigh* but I have found out that my AHA local club President has a barn that is reasonably priced so of course I'm going there.
Back to top Go down
Shiniane
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:56 am

Ranyiah_86 wrote:
Congrats on finding a new place. I,myself, have had barn troubles. *Sigh* but I have found out that my AHA local club President has a barn that is reasonably priced so of course I'm going there.

I'm glad you've found a reasonably priced barn to go to, I hope it is the right place for you. Finding a good barn to board at can be tough.

I am not even going to start on the "barn troubles" issue we've been having. To put it mildly though, we are going to have to bring in animal control to intervene in the case of at least one horse who without our intervention, would not have lived through the winter. The only reason they are not moving now, is we have an appointment for a mass vaccination on the 11th. After that, we're out of there.

We are not the first to leave this barn over the last month or so, and I doubt we'll be the last.

I have to stop typing, even thinking about that place gets me so angry. . . .
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Wow that is horrible and I'm glad on that poor horse's behalf that you stepped in. personally, I would have found the owner/s and swatted them a big one with a bull whip to knock some sense into them. Sheesh! At the barn I'm at, I have been told by a fellow boarder who is also leaving that they have stopped some people from beating my mare in the face with a lead rope. Needless to say they are not allowed to go near my mare. That is just a chip off the huge iceberg. I totally understand, most barns have drama and I cant stand it. sometimes i wish I had my own place but that wont happen for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just when things seem the worst   Just when things seem the worst Empty

Back to top Go down

Just when things seem the worst
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: