AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Hunter Rules

Go down 
+5
Ranyiah_86
siiiamese
Amigo
westernarabs
Rwalkowe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rwalkowe
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-04

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm

I have heard about new hunter rules that took effect in March or April. I was told that excessive knee action would be penalized and there was mention of wearing more traditional, subdued clothing in the show ring. Where can I find a written copy of this rule? I looked on the AHA site, but don't see reference of this. How is it that some people (trainers) are aware of these changes, but others are not?
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 3:22 pm

If you go to the AHA site, then go under annual convention, it's under the 2008 Resolutions. The rules that passed are #29-08, Hunter Pleasure Specs. and #30-08, Attire. Here is the link: http://www.arabianhorses.org/membership/convention/2008/docs/2008ApprovedResolutions.pdf

Hope it helps!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Rwalkowe
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Registration date : 2009-02-04

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 am

That was exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Amigo

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm

westernarabs wrote:
If you go to the AHA site, then go under annual convention, it's under the 2008 Resolutions. The rules that passed are #29-08, Hunter Pleasure Specs. and #30-08, Attire. Here is the link: http://www.arabianhorses.org/membership/convention/2008/docs/2008ApprovedResolutions.pdf

Hope it helps!

Mary S.

It's about darned time - I've always said that, with the EP type knee action and upright head set that they used to carry, that the only thing those horses were 'hunting' for was a cutback saddle LOL!

Dar
Back to top Go down
siiiamese
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-29

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Quote :
How is it that some people (trainers) are aware of these changes, but others are not?

It's their job to know the rules

Also, there was much internet discussion of the new rules a couple of months back.

For those who have been to shows since the rule started in April, have you noticed a huge difference in the horses or classes?
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:31 am

I will let you know if I see a difference. The Empire State Show is this weekend! I'm not showing but I believe a couple of Ammy Army people are. Lucky for they changed the rules to "real" hunters stuff. I have been training my mare for hunt classes and she has very flat kneed movement and usually has her head lower than the usual high-headed saddle seat arab.
Back to top Go down
EBlonshine
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Registration date : 2008-11-30

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 am

Here in Region 12 - no change. I was just at a regional pre-qualifier and a girl in a SILVER jacket placed - lots of high knee & heads up. Not many people knew about the rule change or even when it went into effect - apparently the judges didn't let them know or enforce the rules.

Libby
Back to top Go down
Kira
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Kira

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-21

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Went to the daffodil show last weekend. Many of the hunters that were winning were padded with lots of knee. Also saw some jackets lighter in color than breeches who still placed. In this instance, I'd say nothing changed. Though it was a 2 judge show, so some classes had one judge placing a horse first and the other judge not using it at all. I one hunter class I watched, one judge placed the obvious heavily padded, lots of knee horses, and the other judge didn't place several of those horses, so maybe there was some difference.
Back to top Go down
siiiamese
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-29

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Libby - were you at the Magnolia show?
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:17 am

The first show I went to this spring there was no difference in judging or attire. But then again it was just one judge's opinion. Have another show in a week...we'll see how thing are there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok, just got back from day 1 at the Empire State Show! Great news! The judge is abiding by the new rules even though a lot of the riders still had a lighter jacket than the breeches. The "hunter" type arabians with flat kneed movement won or placed in the classes! There was a rider that I was watching and she had her horse's neck so arched it was behind the bit! Thankfully she didnt place. poor horse, now that is what I call a pain in the neck. Wink I will be attending tomorrow. I will post pics uner the Region 16 forum.
Back to top Go down
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Good to hear the judges are following the new hunter rules... Yes! It is about time that horses are moving like hunters that could take a fence. The horses that have their necks arched would not see the fence or better yet fall over them. lol cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
Sponsored content

New Hunter Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hunter Rules   New Hunter Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

New Hunter Rules
Page 1 of 1