AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

would YOU do this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: would YOU do this?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:26 pm

There is a breeder here in NJ that I know, she has a mare she keeps trying to sell to me, very pretty, correct mare BUT she is the product of a mother/son breeding. Is this normally done? Owner says the dam had a beautiful pedigree & the breeding was done to preserve her blood, I don't know, it just seems like the wrong thing to me but maybe that's just my hangup.

Last edited by Shahnara on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Shahnara wrote:
There is a breeder here in NJ that I know, she has a mare she keeps trying to selel me, very pretty, correct mare BUT she is the product of a mother/son breeding. Is this normally done? Owner says the dam had a beautiful pedigree & the breeding was done to preserve her blood, I don't know, it just seems like the wrong thing to me but maybe that's just my hangup.

Do you *like* the mare? Would you be interested in buying her if her circumstances were different? I wouldn't let it stop me, provided the breeding on the colt's sire's side was good. What was the dam's breeding? Sounds like you need to see the pedigree - I'm guessing that, since you remarked that 'the owner says the dam had a beautiful pedigree'. If you had seen it, I presume you would already know whether the breeding was 'beautiful', in your opinion. Depending on her pedigree, you might also want her to test SCID clear before you buy, since a breeding like that could certainly increase the likelihood of genetic lethals showing up in her foals. Those are a few thoughts that come to mind for me. There are a few others, too, but I would have to know more about that mare's pedigree before I would care to comment further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Amigo, if you have access to datasource, her registered name is ER Enchanted. I'd be interested in hearing everyone's opinions, the mare is pretty but she doesn't scream you HAVE to have me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:48 am

Shahnara wrote:
Amigo, if you have access to datasource, her registered name is ER Enchanted. I'd be interested in hearing everyone's opinions, the mare is pretty but she doesn't scream you HAVE to have me.

Is ER Enchanted her full name? It comes up zero on Datasource with that spelling. Can you give me any more info - age, sire and dam, etc., that might help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Thanks for checking. she's 10, her sire is Eliron Exotic, she is chestnut & here in NJ. Breeders are Elizabeth & Ronald Gahart. You'll know her when you find her because her sire is also her half brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 pm

ER SO ENCHANTED - AHR*574367
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nnarabians.com
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Natalie Angstadt wrote:
ER SO ENCHANTED - AHR*574367

Got it - thank you, Natalie!

Okay, so here's my take on it - remember, one person's fantastic pedigree, is another person's 'Yeah, so ...?' I love, love, love the colt's sire, VA Sirius. He was a stunning son of the breathtaking Imperial Imdal, whose exotic type just knocked me out. But you said they did the breeding to preserve some element of the mare's pedigree. I can identify a few older horses of possible interest, to include Fadjur, Indy, *Witez ll, and *Silver Drift. However, none of them are so unusual that I would have done that sort of breeding to concentrate them. I'm really starting to wonder now if the colt just got out and an accidental breeding took place, and it sounds better to say it was planned. Having said that, I would expect her to cross very well with a quality, typey, stretchy Straight Egyptian stallion. Alternatively, she might do well with something *Bask-bred. Anyway, that's how I'd breed her, depending on what sort of phenotype she shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Amigo, my colt is Padron's Psyche, Bey Shah, GG Samir breeding. I LOVE this mare's sire/brother, he is a stunning, typey, gorgeous stallion so a daughter would be really nice to have but this one doesn't seem to have gotten a huge amount of type from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 1:18 am

Shahnara wrote:
Amigo, my colt is Padron's Psyche, Bey Shah, GG Samir breeding. I LOVE this mare's sire/brother, he is a stunning, typey, gorgeous stallion so a daughter would be really nice to have but this one doesn't seem to have gotten a huge amount of type from him.

Do you have any pics of her that you could post here? As well as pics of your colt? Your colt has gorgeous breeding, he should be very typey. I don't want to steer you wrong, but with my Gdansk son, as an example, I used to breed little *Bask-bred mares that were just so-so to look at, but Breakdansk has the power to reach back into those kinds of pedigrees and pull something wonderful out. I have a feeling that with Padron's Psyche, who is a knock-out, you should be able to pull the type out. If you like her. If not, keep looking until you find the mare that you just can't look away from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 am

I can't post pictures of the colt publicly until that last payment is made on him Sad I have none of Enchanted since she's still in winter coat & is dirty, the people who have her are an older couple, not really old but old enough & I kid you not, they have close to 45 horses, 8 of them being stallions who stand in stalls FULL of crap because no one cleans them.
Anyone they hire leaves because they don't pay much & the stalls are horrible when they start working so I can't say I blame them. My colt is VERY typey & getting more so every day. Check your email box from here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Shahnara wrote:
I can't post pictures of the colt publicly until that last payment is made on him Sad I have none of Enchanted since she's still in winter coat & is dirty, the people who have her are an older couple, not really old but old enough & I kid you not, they have close to 45 horses, 8 of them being stallions who stand in stalls FULL of crap because no one cleans them.
Anyone they hire leaves because they don't pay much & the stalls are horrible when they start working so I can't say I blame them. My colt is VERY typey & getting more so every day. Check your email box from here

Checked my email and also my messages here at the site - I'm not finding you. Where do I need to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh I didn't get a chance to send it. Doing it now so check for email sent from here Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Amigo, I can't find your email address, can you pm it to me? I'll send you pictures of someone so you can see them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   Fri May 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Shahnara wrote:
Amigo, I can't find your email address, can you pm it to me? I'll send you pictures of someone so you can see them

Will do -
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would YOU do this?   

Back to top Go down

would YOU do this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: BREEDING AND HORSE SALES :: LADY BREEDERS-
Jump to: