AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LGD Pups!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:59 pm

I have been so busy lately, barely anytime to breath let alone post anything.

Yesterday our LGD's gave us a healthy litter of pups. Aspen decided her house was not good enough and started digging under the barn. We helped her dig out a 'cave', put the barn cam under there, and then left her alone to do her thing.

There are 4 tan (charmoise) and 3 white like her. They are so fat, they were born with fat rolls. I'm so glad that they have finally arrived safely and all healthy though LOUD lol.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

LGD Pups! Allpups5-4-09

LGD Pups! Tanpup5-4-09

LGD Pups! Tanwithwhitepup5-4-09

LGD Pups! Whitepup5-4-09

LGD Pups! Aspeninhercave5-3-09
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-30

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:12 am

Very cute. What breed(s) are they?
I was thinking how I would love to only own Great Pyr LGDs (or crosses) rather then any other type of dog because they are so cool (look cool too), very friendly, stay outside and of course the obvious reason is that they are fierce predator getters. Unfortunately a herding dog is a handy animal to have around too... and I can't complain when I have a good collie at my side.
Gotta love those goat dogs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gavilantrading.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:52 am

The mamma dog is a purebred Anatolian and the sire is 1/2 Anatolian and 1/2 Grt. Pyrs. So that makes the pups 3/4 Anatolian and 1/4 Grt. Pyrs.

They're doing great. She's now letting us pet her and pet the pups, but she still doesn't want us picking them up. She'll probably let us do so today. I really want to know how many boys and girls there are, but I'm not pushing it because I don't want to stress her too much. She's a first time mom and being a little protective. Smile

I don't know what I'd do without this pair. I haven't lost a single goat to predators since we go them. Yeah, they don't herd, of course herding goats is a bit difficult lol, but they are good at thier job.
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Goats are a challenge to herd! I have actually found the dog that does best at it is our purebred Collie. Collie's are considered "loose eyed" herders. Which means they use their body more then their eyes. So what he does is bounces up and down and it REALLY scares the goats, and really he is just playing. the downside to the Collies it that they are all born with ADD(Our collies thought process: "get the goats... Hey look a stick!.. Oh ya, get the goats.... Ooooh, is that a bird")!
Back to top Go down
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Amigo

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Danielle wrote:
Goats are a challenge to herd! I have actually found the dog that does best at it is our purebred Collie. Collie's are considered "loose eyed" herders. Which means they use their body more then their eyes. So what he does is bounces up and down and it REALLY scares the goats, and really he is just playing. the downside to the Collies it that they are all born with ADD(Our collies thought process: "get the goats... Hey look a stick!.. Oh ya, get the goats.... Ooooh, is that a bird")!

Collies tend to be barkers more than the average dog, too, don't they? That's been my experience anyway.
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:10 pm

LOL Danielle that is so funny and so true. Smile

Well, we do finally have a sex/color count. She came out yesterday, played with Max (the pups sire) and the goats for a bit. So, this morning when she came out I went up and pulled pups out. She stood there next to me doing the high pitched whine, but nothing else. Smile

We have 2 males, 5 females. The males are one tan (with the white on his neck) and one white. The rest are all girls (2 whites and 3 tans).

OMG these pups are HUGE. It took both hands to hold one pup. I'll have to get a pic of one with someone holding it. They are just huge, but that's good because it means they are strong and healthy. I can't wait until they get thier eyes open and are motoring around.
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Amigo wrote:

Collies tend to be barkers more than the average dog, too, don't they? That's been my experience anyway.

Yes! Quite right, that's something I forgot to add. He is sooo annoying and loud (Classic collie yap), I think the goats may also just be plain annoyed at the noises he makes so they run away faster!

Now the more intense border collie types.. the goats just single them out and beat them up and of course that leads to the dogs bitting the goats (If the dog gets up the nerve)... and it's not to pretty.
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:10 pm

If you lived a little closer I would be awfully tempted to buy a female from you. my Senior lady is getting older and I would like to get her another pup to train while she is still able to go out with the goats everyday. I'm hoping I will still have a few years to bring another pup in anyway... A bit of a gamble, but the last thing we need around here is another dog!
Back to top Go down
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Love the puppies! Babies are always very cute. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks DDK.

Danielle:
Well, I hope your lady has several years left in her. Smile

Finding these dogs is very hard to do, at least around here.

I've been thinking of finding another female (not related to mine) for later breeding purposes, but I can't seem to do that either. I really need at least one more and I am tempted to keep at least one pup and have it altered, but if I can find a breeding female, I'll do that instead. Plus I have several people very interested in these pups...

I just traded one tan pup for 2 purebred reg. boer does. Figure I probably got the better end of the deal there. She shows her goats and they win constantly, but she can't find any LGD's up here. A trade was offered and I took her up on it. Smile The exchange will take place at weaning.

I took a couple pups out this evening. They are so cute. Mamma dog didn't mind in the least, just laid in her 'cave' and let the other pups nurse. I just can't wait until they start motoring around... OH and the puppy breath... I just love puppy breath. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LGD Pups! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LGD Pups!   LGD Pups! Empty

Back to top Go down

LGD Pups!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: