AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Region 1 Activities!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Austin

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Region 1 Activities! Empty
PostSubject: Region 1 Activities!   Region 1 Activities! EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:28 pm

I have been speaking with lots of people in preparation for Region 1! And it should be very very fun.

At the show:
The progressive dinner party is THURSDAY, MAY 28th at 5PM. Food and
drink is free! So have a glass of wine and some fine cuisine before
the start of Thursday evening's classes - and the presentation of the Wendys Pooh Memorial Award to the winner of the English Pleasure AAOTR.
We plan to have a Youth scavenger hunt after classes end on FRIDAY, MAY 29th. Sorry big kids, I think for now, we have to kick you out! (Prizes will be announced later) Afterward, a Region 1 Youth meeting will take place, presided over by yours truly, so that we may do something official, too. I am hoping to have some pizza for everyone!

After the show:
The Region 1 Youth are looking forward to hosting a Youth multidisciplinary clinic featuring Jim Lowe for English disciplines, Tony Bienvenue for Western disciplines, and Kim VerHage for hunter disciplines in TEMECULA, CALIFORNIA on JUNE 7th, running (hopefully) all day. My details have not been worked out, but there will be a fee to ride your horse in the clinic itself, but watching is FREE (parents (and ammies) are welcome to watch).

So if you, or your kids, would be interested, please contact me by e-mail at austing7@aol.com, and I will supply you with more information. And I encourage involvement! Especially if you (or your child) is Youth-bound as I will be scouting for Region 1 delegates for the AHYA Youth Convention in Albuquerque, which takes place the day before the show begins, SATURDAY, JULY 25th. Keynote speaker at general session will be Gordon Potts, an extremely talented and experienced trainer from Texas, you might know his barn, The Brass Ring, from the National success that he and his wife, Wendy, have enjoyed.

Even if you are not a delegate, it is free to attend - and attendance is encouraged!

If you are interested in representing your region, even if it isn't Region One, (not everyone can be from sunny SoCal ;] ), please contact me and I will put you in touch with your director.

Only requirements are:
Present in ABQ the entire day of the 25th of July
AHA member (we'll need your member number)
Meet the age requirements to show as a Junior
Back to top Go down
http://www.garretttraining.com
Tash
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Region 1 Activities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region 1 Activities!   Region 1 Activities! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:44 pm

I just received a phone call from the man in charge himself (Austin), with a few updates regarding the clinic!

- The clinic will now be open to Adult Amateurs, in addition to the youth.

- The costs will be $80 - $100 per ride with a clinician.

- Space is limited! There will be no more than 10 riders per clinician. So reserve your spot ASAP!

- In edition to the clinicians mentioned in the original post, Denise Nelson will also be in attendance to coach the dressage portion.

If you have any further questions, please direct them to Austin. His contact information is avaliable in the original post.
Back to top Go down

Region 1 Activities!
Page 1 of 1