AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Showhorse401
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:26 pm

In the 80's I showed Hackney ponies at breed & ADS Carriage Driving shows. We found ways to do it on a very tight budget & had a wonderful time. In the 90's my late husband trained Saddlebreds for big time stables & the well-heeled customers paid for things. It was very high pressure though.

Now I am on my own, trying to switch disciplines/breeds to find more opportunity. First I need to replace the Marketing job I was laid off from last year!! Looking forward to relocating to an area with a more stable economy & better payscale, maybe Nashville, FL, East coast.

As for AHA, be aware AHA is light years ahead of many other associations! One of the many reasons I'm joining the Arab world is AHA is much more progressive & proactive in their marketing. The Saddlebred Assn. does not even offer a cheaper, non-showing membership. I find the AHA non-showing membership a good value since I get the magazine. In addition, PLEASE consider the significance of supporting your breed assn. Those membership numbers are what allows AHA to attract bigger corporate sponsors, to help them have the budget to promote the breed & offer as many programs as they do have.

I am here at the Ammy Army as I feel strongly we can all help each other enjoy horses more. I am willing to help others at horse shows & when I buy my Half-Arab reiner, I hope I can share trailering, tack stalls, vet trip fees, & anything else we can come up with to keep it affordable. I plan to show in open NRHA shows (promote the Arab blood!) & Arab shows to get the most bang for my buck with one horse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.RacingandRiding.com
klassychassie
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 am

Show Nationals, Regionals, A shows. Happy to say my horses have done very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.amerikanfarms.com
Auld Macdonald Farm
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 am

We show Class A, Regionals (10 & 6) and Nationals (Can Nats & US). We've got some younger stock showing in 2011 and I'm thinking we'll do some Unplugged local shows too.

My AHA participation is mostly via the Minnesota Arabian Horse Assoc, where I volunteer as the club's newsletter and website editor.

Currently, when we can, Ian and I sponsor a class or two at a MAHA show. One of our Auld Macdonald Farm goals is to be profitable enough (while still having fun) to be an AHA national show sponsor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.auldmacdonaldfarm.net
MagnumsNiteSong
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Currently I have only shown one horse at an open show for a friend who has been breeding for 30+ years. I plan on taking my yearling gelding Magnum to a Class A show in 2011. Was taking him to one in December but I haven't had time with being a college student who has finals coming up. Will be shooting for the spring if I can't make the January show either. Would like to give Regionals a shot some day if I can get him qualified. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lindasiegel
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:03 pm

At Magical Ranch, we are just evaluating the youngsters for next year with Ken Davis. We hope to get one to take to Nationals. We have two that are coming on three - a gelding and a colt, plus one filly, a DaVinci filly; then a single coming on two colt who is probably the Nationals candidate; and a weanling colt who is just too little to tell us. Two are AHANC futurity nominated - the filly and weanling - and we will have them shown by my granddaughter who is great at in-hand. All could go to Class A, and to Regionals if they qualify. But Nationals is not where we would go without a breathtaking equine! We are lucky to have a schooling show in our backyard to get the babies warmed up, and two class A shows are an easy drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Showhorse401
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Until I purchase my next horse, I will enjoy living vicariously through the AMMY ARMY's showing adventures! Is anyone going to Scottsdale in Feb. to show or for fun? I'm hoping to go at least for a few days, maybe we could all meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.RacingandRiding.com
tdogg
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am

I show Class A, mainly stick to local shows so i don't have the travel/hotel expenses. I've been successful at Regionals, and showed at Canadian Nationals once, but just missed making the cut in my class. Been out of the ring for over 2 years but looking forward to returning 2011 with my new 1/2 Arab filly. We'll be showing Western pleasure, possibly sport horse in hand. I'm also training her for trail classes, and hope to do reining after she settles down a bit and I find a trainer for lessons. Looking forward to showing at Nationals again someday - I loved Canada, it was a great show. Haven't been to US or Scottsdale yet, perhaps those are possibilities down the road when I have more funds to spend on showing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwTyger
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 pm

2010 I was showing Class A and Regional level. This year my show horse is going under-saddle late spring in hopes to show DAHA in the fall. I have always shown with a trainer and this will be the first time I am on my own. I feel confident showing halter horses, but performance will be a new experience. I will always be helping start a schooling show at my barn with a new halter series, very excited to be a part of this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
parrots12
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm

My son and I have been showing with the local saddle club. It's close, very affordable and they have a show once a month to get our horses used to the environment. We also get to use their outdoor arena to practice in when they're not running drill team. We are the only Arabians there in a see of quarter horses.

We have done the Nov fun show for the local Arabian club the past 2 years and that is all that we can afford without breaking the bank.

My son is joining 4H this year so we'll see how that goes for him, he'll most likely be the only Arabian there!

Good luck to all in 2011! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tdogg
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Sounds like fun Annette! We have a small number of local fun/schooling shows, all-breed. It's hard for me to do those, as they are one-day and I don't have a trailer. Much easier to get a ride to and from a multi-day stalling show, but then the costs are more. I hear you on costs - hoping to do at least a couple class A shows this year but totally depends on available funds. Good luck this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?   

Back to top Go down

What level of AHA and showing do you participate in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2