AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would you do in this situation?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cbartlett
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
cbartlett

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-28

What would you do in this situation? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey guys! So I haven't had time to come to the forum lately, but I just would really like some input from other horsey people on what to do here.

So, the barn where my horse was bred/is in training is run and owned by a husband and wife team. The wife has always been the stronghold of the operation, doing the majority of the training and showing, but the husband has always had a very significant role, starting all the young horses on the lunge line, desensitisizing them, conditioning, and training the halter horses. For the past few years he's been quite ill (the doctors keep on changing their diagnosis Neutral ) and in extreme pain alot of the time, but he's still been able to do come down and help. Not as much as he used to, but a bit.
Recently though, ALL of the help at the barn has quit. This means that there is no longer anybody around to help muck out stalls in the morning, clean out paddockd, feed, take horses in and out, etc. This means that the wife is now doing all of that plus training the horses practically all on her own.
Me and my best friend are both clients there, and we've both been going in the mornings whenever we're not working, and doing the chores, plus I stay in the afternoon and help her with the training (something I know she'd rather do herself, but she also trusts me with the horses and that I know what I'm doing, and she has too many to do by herself). Now this is no problem, but the issue I have is that none of the other clients are helping! I've heard a few of the other youth there complaining about how no training is getting done on their horses, and that because I'm "the favourite" I'm getting special extra training on my horse. Which of course is all wrong, but my horse is the one who needs it the most at the moment because we're just starting him under saddle.
SO, the point I was trying to get to is... would you approach the other clients and tell them to stop complaining and actually show some interest by helping out? Or just let it be and go help by myself until school starts? I know it's not my barn, but I feel that the trainer does so much for us, and she's there every day from 6am-9pm doing everything she can for our horses, plus trying to raise her 7yr old daughter. But is it my place to say something to the others? At least say they should come help until someone else is hired?
Back to top Go down
http://www.acaha.ca
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 am

It would depend on how open a line of communication I had with the other clients, if I would say anything or not. Based solely on what info you have provided above, I wouldn't say anything to them nor would I let what they are saying bother me. They don't pay your bills and you don't have to go home to them at night...so don't take their comments to heart. Perhaps if they were a little more "hands on" or active there, they would also know about the situation.

Another thing, the trainer/owner needs to know when to say she's at capacity - and inform her clients of her situation. If their horses are not getting the care/service that they have contracted for, they should be informed so they can decide if they are to stay there or go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:33 pm

I agree with Natalie, of course it is sad situation, but it is not a clients obligation to clean, feed etc if they are paying for those services. if I were you I would let the situation roll out on its own, and just do what you can to help her if that is your position. good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karsinarabians.com
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:58 am

This seems to happen to most barns. The staff gets burned out or they don't like the work for the pay. The owner, trainer needs to call a meeting for all clients. This will inform clients as to what is happening. Horses come first then training. Who can help and get a discount on board. Training fees are turned into maintaince fees as the horses are not worked as often. The princesses can decide to hang in or leave the for another barn. Put the word out for jobs that are open at the barn. Help decide what new employees will fit the job. Be on the lookout for strange people or recent walk off the job employees walking in the barn- could be looking to steel saddles, bridles, blankets etc.

Natalie, don't burn yourself out or stress about the non helpers. There are too many people like this in the world. I deal with many as I am a social worker. This is one reason a meeting need to be called or a letter to all boarders. Talk it over with the trainer about your horse. See if you can get a fair trade for your services form her. This might not be the right time for her to help you out but, when things get back on track then get paid back. Do the best you can do under these conditions. Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do in this situation?
Page 1 of 1