AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPT (Guttural Pouch Tympany)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

GPT (Guttural Pouch Tympany) Empty
PostSubject: GPT (Guttural Pouch Tympany)   GPT (Guttural Pouch Tympany) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 pm

I am a member of a group exchanging information about this disease. Testing for this is getting one step closer and if you are keeping up with the proposed resolutions at Convention this year, it is one of the topics. I for one, if it passes, will be first to list that my HA mare and my daughter will list her stallion, as breeding stock that has produced a foal with this condition. We are in the process of supplying DNA samples of all 3 horses for genetic testing to see which one is the carrier. More mares are affected, so I am assuming it is my mare that carries this gene anomaly. She will never be bred again. The stallion produced a wonderful Pinto colt this year that has no signs of this condition, so we aren't sure about him. However, if the resolution passes, he will be listed a producing one.

I lost a filly last year to this condition and because it is not very well known, the vets didn't diagnosis her with it until it was too late to save her. Any of us that breed horses, especially Arabians, needs to be aware of the genetic anomalies this breed carries and not just the well known ones like SCID, Lavender Foal Syndrome, or CA.

Here is the very latest in the research being done in Germany on this condition:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19703122?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Back to top Go down

GPT (Guttural Pouch Tympany)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: BREEDING AND HORSE SALES :: LADY BREEDERS-
Jump to: