AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to this realm...

Go down 
+2
KAHanson
MagnumsMom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-06

New to this realm... Empty
PostSubject: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Going to be showing soon hopefully.... Depends on when I get to work with the colt again. Smile

Last edited by MagnumsMom on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Great! Welcome! I'm in The Woodlands, so if you plan on showing we'll probably be doing some together!
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 pm

That is so cool! Are there any clubs closer to where you are? I am wanting to learn the works of halter showing for Arabs and start from there. I just know QH/Paint halter protocol at the moment sadly. If not I can try begging my farrier who trained a stallion who went to the Egyptian Event a year ago for some pointers... Ahahaha. Would be neat to meet you at a show or something!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 am

Where on the Gulf Coast are you? You're more then welcome to come take a ride up and see what I'm doing with my gelding, or I could take a ride down and show you what I've been taught if we're not crazy far away!
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:54 am

I am in Pearland, actually! So not at all that far. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:59 am

Well, I'd be happy to take a ride down and show you what I've been taught. I was taught by another Ammy, and it's worked so far! We're going to Scottsdale to compete in gelding halter!
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 am

It definitely is something I need to look into having done!

I'll have to check up on his condition when he arrives - he gets afull day of rest before coming home if not two to recover from the longer leg of the trip. I know he has a baby belly that a very short 2 minutes on the line each way always is able to fix. He's just been sitting pretty so has to learn it all aside from leading and tying!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 am

Take your time! I just got my boy in May, just had him gelded (last week), and am starting to show him in November. You may also want to just take a ride up to some shows to see what's out there and learn a little about how Arabian shows work!
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am

Will do! I will start small with just a basic open show or two then move on to some breed shows most likely. It's how I worked my way up to San Antonio with an APHA colt! It was and still is a good tactic to attend clinics and watch at shows for sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:08 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks! This is such a friendly community. Just what I needed to join whenever I have specific questions if my farrier isn't handy (he has trained professional halter with Arabs).
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Depending on how long ago he trained, halter has changed. The basic stance is the same, but how the presentation is done has changed.
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 pm

He trained Aga Gamaan for the Egyptian Event in 2007 (won reserve championship). I do not know if it has changed since then but he should be up to date on how things are going.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Welcome to the boards...hope you find tons of helpful information in here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I hope that I will as well. I am lucky to have my boy kept at a longtime breeder and owner's facility so I learn a lot from her as well. Just joined the A.R.A.B.S region 9 club. Going to my first meeting this weekend.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:30 pm

How exciting!!...that should be alot of fun...there is alot you can learn by joining a group like that...the colaborative efforts of everyone giving advice is priceless! I wish you alot of success!
Back to top Go down
MagnumsMom
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsMom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Thank you so much. It doesn't hurt that I get to exercise a couple of her mares ( a gorgeous August Bey V and an Audacious PS)!
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Yep...doesn't hurt at all! lol...*sigh* some people have all the luck! LOL...at 19 I was a new mom and not doing anything horsey at all!
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
newzew

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Del (our Commander) has written out step-by-step halter training procedures under the halter training section of the Ammy Army forum.

I would suggest you copy and paste them into a word document and print and study them. If you follow them step by step, you will be showing your colt like a pro in no time!
Back to top Go down
rachel_ariel
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Welcome to the Ammy Army!! I look forward to hearing about all your adventures with your boy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this realm...   New to this realm... Empty

Back to top Go down

New to this realm...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: ADMINISTRATIVE FORUMS :: NEW MEMBER'S PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES-
Jump to: