AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods Empty
PostSubject: Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods   Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am

I came up with the idea of sharing unorthadox ammy training methods that would make the professionals cringe.

Here are rwo of mine:

Screw butt ropes to teach foals to lead. They get really bothered if the rope gets under their tails. Instead, have two people one at the lead and the other at the butt who gently pushes the little bugger forward as a gentle pull in appiled to the halter. It also helps if mom walks forward a few steps.

I do lots of ponying. I got the idea of dismounting from my pony horse on the right side with the ponyee side by side with the ponyer. As I get off and slide down between the horses. As I do, I support my weight on the young horse's back with gradual increases in the amount of my weight that the horse bears. I've never had one object but I have done lots and lots of handling before I do this.

I've started six Arabians and they all accepted me being on their backs willingly. I've have a this feels weird but if you want to be on my back, it's okay respnse but that's it. If you lay a good founation, Arabians are easy to start.

Dave
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
newzew

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods   Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:57 am

Hmmm these don't sound unorthodox, they sound creative with the horse's thinking in mind. I like it!

Maybe someday, Blaze and I will have a foal.... Smile
Back to top Go down

Unorthadox Ammy Training Methods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: