AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! Empty
PostSubject: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm going to SOMEHOW get to Scottsdale this year - Happy birthday to myself!

Anyway, I've never gone on a trip this big by myself (I did go to scottsdale years ago with my old trainer, but I was too young to appreciate it much and I certainly don't remember the odds and ends of the trip itself), and the thought of flying to the other end of the country on my own is a little bit nerve-wracking.

For those of you who have been to Scottsdale or flown into Phoenix, could you tell me a bit about the transportation/the airport/what the city is like? Will it be safe for a girl to be there alone on a trip like that?

Also, could I get information on where to stay, etc? I am looking to spend as little as possible, because I'll be leaving for Belgium this summer and need as much money as I can for that. Heck, if someone wants to loan me a cot to sleep on in a tack stall I wouldn't complain! LOL

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 am

Huntseat,

There will probably several members of the army there.

Last year I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Tempe. It was more reasonable than the hotels closer to West World and was about a 20 minute drive. The Four Point is also close to the airport. I will probably stay there again if I go next year.

Phoenix has a loop around the city. It's pretty easy to get around. West World is just off the loop.

I've only been to Scottsdale three times. Hopefully others who have been more often will have more input. You will have a good time.

Dave
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you, great to know. I will look into that hotel, and I also have some close friends who are going so I need to talk to them and maybe we'll stay together.

I forgot to mention this, but a rental car is not an option. There are busses/taxis that can get me where I need to go?

I'd love to meet up with any Ammy Army members there!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:00 am

Huntseat, when are you planning on flying in? I am going to be to and from the airport multiple times for friends and family, so if it fits with my trip schedule, I';d be happy to provide with transportation to West World.
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you! I haven't bought my tickets yet, I'm waiting to hear from somebody about something Smile I will let you know though! I've had several offers from friends to provide transportation, but I may get in touch with you at some point. Again, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!   Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting to Scottsdale - some help, please!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: AMMY ARMY MAJOR SHOW RING INVASIONS :: NORTH AMERICAN INVASIONS :: SCOTTSDALE AMMY ARMY WESTWORLD INVASION-
Jump to: