AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Member from AZ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oak Meadow Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Oak Meadow Arabians

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-11-03

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 am

Hello, my name is Michelle and I live in Prescott, AZ which is about 100 miles north of Scottsdale. I was born in Phoenix and showed halter at the Scottsdale Horse Show in the early 70's when I was 11 years old. I worked as a pony rider and groom at such racetracks as Turf Paradise, Prescott Downs, Fresno, and Penn National. Then in 2005, I purchased two mares, one purebred polish mare by MS Ellusion and a pinto mare by NV Beau Bey. After that, I was hooked again and we now own 17 horses, and 8 of those we have bred and raised?

We were blessed with five new fillies this year! I plan on showing five to six horses at Scottsdale in February. Three are Scottsdale Signature Auction Fillies, two of which we plan on showing in halter, the other filly is an English prospect. So I plan on being quite busy this Winter. I have previously had my horses conditioned an prepped for the shows. I have found this to be overall unsatisfying and quite expensive, but does save time if you are working alot. I have spent the last year apprenticing with an elder Irish Horse Trainer and feel I am ready to venture out on my own. Interestingly enough, it is WHOA, which is taught first and foremost to all of horses.

I did show at Scottsdale last year in the AOTH and futurity halter classes and was so wishing I had known of this Ammy Army before that. I have good ideas on my training but I am looking to learn more so that my horses will be presented to their best of their abilities with confidence, not fear. New Member from AZ Icon_cheers

I am looking forward to more learning.

Michelle
Back to top Go down
http://www.oakmeadowarabians.com
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome, fellow Zonie! I live in Tolleson, a ways away from you, but still in Arizona. I have a HA mare that was shown AAOTR and AOTR in Hunter at Scottsdale in 2006. Lots of work, lots of money spent for the trainer, so I understand that end of things, too!LOL My daughter is the hunter rider and I ride the western pleasure horses. We are sitting out the next couple of years, but I attend the show as much as I can around work.

There are tons of us Ammy's on here that have lots of experience and great support, so welcome to the group!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Oak Meadow Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Oak Meadow Arabians

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-11-03

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Hello Mary

Nice to hear from you! I lived in Goodyear as a kid, so we used to travel right by Tolleson when I was a kid, it has changed alot since then.

I plan on being down for most of Scottsdale, so hopefully I can meet some fellow ammys as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oakmeadowarabians.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Sounds wonderful!!...welcome and hope you like all the helpful information within!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
rachel_ariel
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-27

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:04 pm

welcome! and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Member from AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member from AZ   New Member from AZ Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member from AZ
Page 1 of 1