AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Ok...I really feel like puking right now with just the thought making me sick to my stomach....but I've decided to take *Noble Lord in the AAOTH 5 and over Stallion Halter class (#282). I am so nervous I really feel nauseated. I can tell you I'm going to need alot of Ammy support because while I'm confident in every other aspect of my life...I have a fear of MR halter and looking like a complete idiot. So please lend me your shoulders, scream for me on the rail, and offer your support because I'm going to need it! I'm scared to death and I'm admitting it! Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.McShaneArabians.com
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Rebecca, this is the first year I'm showing halter ever, so I'll be there to support you and understand what you're going through! Are we all going to try to stall together out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm

I've shown MR before...but not with a horse of this caliber and international titles!..I'm scared my noviceness will ruin his reputation and the pros will laugh at me Sad...but I can't just let him sit in his stall and do nothing either!....so I'm going to bust my butt and get him ready for Feb and hope for the best!...thank you so much!!

I don't know how we're going to coordinate the stalls this year...last year Dimitri organized it with the show office...I would like to get the same stalls and area we did last year....we had lots of room and easy access to two round pens...and a great view of the mountains! I think if we all put "stable with ammy army" we could pull it off being together....it will come down to knowing exactly how many of us are going for sure to get a good number to give the show office.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Well, I hope everyone gets it together Wink I'll be bringing just one horse and a tack stall.

I'm sure you're going to do fine! And I am a great groom, so you've got one here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Ack...I got that queer feeling you get in your legs when you look over the edge of a balcony or a bridge! lol I'd rather face a tatted up parolee in a dark alley!

I'm just getting a stall and a tack also, however, we did share costs on a "Hospitality" room where everyone used it as a community hangout and where we kept our food coolers, microwave, toaster, tv's...that sort of thing...we also pitched in for bark to decorate with, too. Del is coming but showing horses for Annabella...but he'll bring the Ammy drapes for us to use. Hopefully we have some handy guys/gals that can get it all up!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:52 pm

I'll have a few people with me who can help, and think it's a great idea sharing those costs. If there's anything I can do to help with organizing or bringing anything, etc. please let me know! When are you sending entries in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

LOL...sending my entries in at the last possible moment to save up for it. I took a huge pay cut at work, so my budget is suffering right now...going to Scotts again on a shoestring, but had a blast last year and never knew the difference!

I think as time gets closer to the show I will start a thread to help organize what people will be bringing...like we can all bring chairs to share in the hospitality room, I have 2 banquet tables I brought, etc...everyone that brought something shared it so we had room for guests to sit and have bottled waters, too. We had a small barn party where each one of us brought something and it ended up being alot! I can't wait to share the comaradarie again!...gads...we have to think of lights, decorations, all kinds of stuff!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:05 pm

lol I stable with Natalie and that's how I ended up with you guys! She said she had a great time, so hopefully the experience will be the same for me. Whatever is needed, just let me know. And if anyone I know asks me, I'll just tell them to put "STALL WITH AMMY ARMY" on the entries. Mine will probably go in at the end of November. I'm doing the showstring thing too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Sounds perfect! I know you will have a blast with all the like minded enthusiasts!!
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Rebecca, I have just one small thing to say:

Who cares what the "pro's" think!!!!!!!

If you take your stallion, present him to the best of your ability and have a good time together, who cares what anyone else thinks!

It would be nice if the judges/professionals/spectators all agreed with our views that our horses are best, but we both know that doesn't always happen. Your true friends and Ammy Army supporters will still love you, even if you fall on your face or make a mistake or become embarassed. Those who aren't your friends or supporters don't really count in the long run. Realistically, even if you had a Championship performance in the Open Classes, "they" will always have something negative to say out of jealousy.

So, my friend, go out there and do your best, but most importantly, have a great time and make a life long memory. Our time in the ring is short, our time with our horse friends is short and life is too short to worry about what people (who are not important to us) think.

Good luck! I wish it was my turn to be there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 am

You know, Red, newzew is right. Remember when Jehan tripped me last year? I had tons of people come down to the rail to ask if I was ok. Big stallion owners. I survived.

He's beautiful, you'll be fine. Big thing is make sure he's conditioned and schooled properly and groomed to perfection.

As far as stabling together, better get one person to mail everything in one big envelope to them. We were able to get a few extra stalls at the end, but they can't guarantee it. Vegas was a lot smaller and they were really good to us. Most shows aren't and won't be. If I knew for sure that we were going, I'd be willing to coordinate with them.

Hope we make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mortazavifarms.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Dear Newz and Stacy...thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement...these are things I know in my heart but lack the confidence to believe I can do it! I sit here with a big lump in my throat reading your supportive words and know how right you both are! I will carry your thoughts and remember them when I start getting nervous...for gosh sakes I own a world class international champion and I have to remember that!! You're right...TO HELL with what people think! I'll just go out in my own little bubble and do my own thing and hope for the best!! You guys are awesome and I needed that
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Okay - here's the deal - when you bring home that ribbon, I want to be able to say "I told you so!"

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 pm

newzew wrote:
Okay - here's the deal - when you bring home that ribbon, I want to be able to say "I told you so!"

LOL DEAL!!
Back to top Go down
maryjo
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm

McShaneArabians wrote:
Dear Newz and Stacy...thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement...these are things I know in my heart but lack the confidence to believe I can do it! I sit here with a big lump in my throat reading your supportive words and know how right you both are! I will carry your thoughts and remember them when I start getting nervous...for gosh sakes I own a world class international champion and I have to remember that!! You're right...TO HELL with what people think! I'll just go out in my own little bubble and do my own thing and hope for the best!! You guys are awesome and I needed that

I think ANY of us who go out and show have concerns/reservations/fears.

And generally they are unfounded.

You have a wonderful wonderful horse. You are a capable person. Your horse knows his job. So and have a GREAT time together and have that as your goal.

If anyone SAYS any negative to you, just say "Well, bless your heart" and go on enjoying your time with your horse and friends.

You and your horse have nothing to prove to anyone. This is for YOU two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Maryjo, I so agree with what you say! Rebecca, go out there and ENJOY your horse! He's got the records behind him to prove what he is. YOU are his owner! He'll do just great for you. You just need to concentrate on the two of you and nobody else out there in that ring. It's just you two! You'll have everyone cheering for you from this group, that's for sure!LOL Go have fun and enjoy your boy, that's what it's all about!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Thank you maryjo! That's what I did for the Liberty class...he didn't exactly trot alot but I didn't care and just had a great time being out there letting him show off for the crowd. He was an angel to catch, so that was a blessing for sure! lol I guess I'm also fearful I won't be capable enough to get him to 'show' halter when his prior handlers I'm sure were heavy handed with him...I'm not like that so I guess I'll get out of him what I get out of him! Thank you for your words of support, hearing so many good things helps bolster my confidence and puts my thoughts back on the positive track.

maryjo wrote:
I think ANY of us who go out and show have concerns/reservations/fears.

And generally they are unfounded.

You have a wonderful wonderful horse. You are a capable person. Your horse knows his job. So and have a GREAT time together and have that as your goal.

If anyone SAYS any negative to you, just say "Well, bless your heart" and go on enjoying your time with your horse and friends.

You and your horse have nothing to prove to anyone. This is for YOU two.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:41 pm

MaryJo, will you be coming? I'd love to meet you in person!

Red, you know how to show halter. Halter is halter. Training is pretty much the same. Doesn't matter who the trainer was. For the most part. You know how to school, condition, groom and do the stand up. You'll be fine. Plus you'll have the AA behind you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mortazavifarms.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 am

I know Stacy...but I still have the reservations about my abilities...but I have several months to Feb and like you said...the AA behind me...I pray it will be enough...if anything, I'll do the best I can and be happy for the experience and quality time spent with my King!

Mortazavi Farms wrote:
MaryJo, will you be coming? I'd love to meet you in person!

Red, you know how to show halter. Halter is halter. Training is pretty much the same. Doesn't matter who the trainer was. For the most part. You know how to school, condition, groom and do the stand up. You'll be fine. Plus you'll have the AA behind you!
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Mary thank you so much for the morale boost! You guys are just what I needed...all your words of encouragement will help get me to the in gate...after that, it's up to me and my boy! I swear I can write and serve a search warrant, testify in court and whatever else I do in my job..lol..but the MR feels like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute! I will get there with all of you behind me!

westernarabs wrote:
Maryjo, I so agree with what you say! Rebecca, go out there and ENJOY your horse! He's got the records behind him to prove what he is. YOU are his owner! He'll do just great for you. You just need to concentrate on the two of you and nobody else out there in that ring. It's just you two! You'll have everyone cheering for you from this group, that's for sure!LOL Go have fun and enjoy your boy, that's what it's all about!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:53 pm

McShaneArabians wrote:
Ok...I really feel like puking right now with just the thought making me sick to my stomach....but I've decided to take *Noble Lord in the AAOTH 5 and over Stallion Halter class (#282). I am so nervous I really feel nauseated. I can tell you I'm going to need alot of Ammy support because while I'm confident in every other aspect of my life...I have a fear of MR halter and looking like a complete idiot. So please lend me your shoulders, scream for me on the rail, and offer your support because I'm going to need it! I'm scared to death and I'm admitting it! Thank you in advance!
Repeat after me: "Oh inner B*&**(&, I summons you to give me stength and to rock some ass".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nnarabians.com
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY

Male
Number of posts : 1031

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:54 am

You SURE will. You and NL are going to be great and don't ever lose sight of how you are going to feel about yourself and him after it is all over. The high you will feel will be worth all the anxiety..I GUARANTEE IT!!!!!!!!

McShaneArabians wrote:
Mary thank you so much for the morale boost! You guys are just what I needed...all your words of encouragement will help get me to the in gate...after that, it's up to me and my boy! I swear I can write and serve a search warrant, testify in court and whatever else I do in my job..lol..but the MR feels like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute! I will get there with all of you behind me!

westernarabs wrote:

Mary S.

Last edited by COMMANDER on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am

I will def be screaming for you on the rail!!! I am sooo excited to be going and can not wait to meet everyone & their fabulous horses!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Nat...lmao!...you crack me up!...I can't do anything but rock some @$$ if I tap into my inner b** hahah! too funny!

Del...as long as he doesn't run me over!! hahaha!...you're right...I came out of Liberty beaming (coughing and hacking, too! lmao)...but I didn't hear any of my friends hollering for me in the stands I was so tuned in to *NL!! I'm sure it will be the same way in halter!

Shana!...thank you for being there...there is no feeling like having your friends there to support you at the rail!...I know I will appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 am

Rebecca,

We shall puke togather lol and then celebrate your winnings. I personally never shown at such a huge show before and Rana may not be your stallion's caliber but I know she will do well. Now to get in shape and not be Miss Doughgirl. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:36 pm

hahahha....are you calling me a Doughgirl!? Wink
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Nope that would be me Wink I'm miss chubby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 pm

awwww...I'm sure you're just fine!...I still have quite a bit to lose after having the baby and she'll be 2 in December!...hope I'm able to run next to my boy without passing out in the arena!
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 pm

McShaneArabians wrote:
awwww...I'm sure you're just fine!...I still have quite a bit to lose after having the baby and she'll be 2 in December!...hope I'm able to run next to my boy without passing out in the arena!

OMG! I feel ya there! my son is 2 and a half, and I am still using being pregnant as an excuse for being fat! I HAVE to lose these extra lbs.... we should do a weight loss before scottsdale thead, interested? I bet there is more than the 2 of us who could get in on it, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.karsinarabians.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Sure we can do a thread...I'm terrible, though, because I don't have much motivation unless someone is right there with me! hehe!! Very Happy

simone_ck wrote:
McShaneArabians wrote:

OMG! I feel ya there! my son is 2 and a half, and I am still using being pregnant as an excuse for being fat! I HAVE to lose these extra lbs.... we should do a weight loss before scottsdale thead, interested? I bet there is more than the 2 of us who could get in on it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!   

Back to top Go down

I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: AMMY ARMY MAJOR SHOW RING INVASIONS :: NORTH AMERICAN INVASIONS :: SCOTTSDALE AMMY ARMY WESTWORLD INVASION-
Jump to: