AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quarter Horse Show Trends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Quarter Horse Show Trends Empty
PostSubject: Quarter Horse Show Trends   Quarter Horse Show Trends EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi guys,
I went to a class A (equivalent) quarter horse show this weekend and thought that some of you might be interested in what's new. Most of these horses and or barns had just come back from the World Show in Oklahoma.
Tack is getting heavier with the silver and the bigger skirts are staying. Lots of the saddles sported really big corner plates. Several had silver fake saddle bags on the back skirt. Several saddles had lots of silver spots for trim. There were some interesting stirrups with really wide end pieces that did not cover the tread of the stirrup, giving the stirrups sort of a two tone effect.
The men were still sporting the pressed cotton shirts with tan or black chaps. No more bolo ties though, they all had the short scarf type ties.
The ladies were wearing more a tailored look. They were wearing a lot of short (to chap top) tailored shirt jackets as opposed to the bodysuit type shirts that everyone has been wearing. There was still plenty of bling, but it was more applied to the materials in a pattern instead of being part of the material base. There were several outfits that had chaps the same color as the base shirt and in lots of colors.
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Horse Show Trends   Quarter Horse Show Trends EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks, Audie! They all seem to trickle to us on way or another...
Back to top Go down
Irish
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Irish

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Horse Show Trends   Quarter Horse Show Trends EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Im riding Sammy in a QH show in April because they supported our Arabian show. I will have to add some bling to my tack I see Quarter Horse Show Trends Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Horse Show Trends   Quarter Horse Show Trends EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Years ago I dated a cutting horse trainer who would occasionally give me some friendly flack about how things were done in the Arab show world as opposed to the QH/Paint world. One of the things that he specifically picked on at the time, was the outrageous - he made some reference to Las Vegas - wild colored outfits that the Arab people were wearing.......that still gives me a smile everytime I take the tack trailer to a QH or Paint show......the Arabian folk are definitely the more conservative at this point !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Horse Show Trends   Quarter Horse Show Trends Empty

Back to top Go down

Quarter Horse Show Trends
Page 1 of 1