AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's that Time .....Showing

Go down 
+2
Ranyiah_86
Tekii184
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

It's that Time .....Showing Empty
PostSubject: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm pouring over show schedules, classes, prices etc.
I would like to go to 3-5 shows this year, probably open shows since I'm not renewing my AHA membership this year or planning on being competitive ... this will be more of a get used to being off the farm, have fun kind of adventure type thing ... soooo

What/where are you guys planning on showing this year? Any suggestions on shows to attend... I'll also be going to shows just to well .. get out and meet some people lol. So let me know what your plans are for the year *yes I know it's only the 4th day of Jan .. but i like to plan ahead XD*
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:51 am

haha I'm looking at shows for this year too. But it is never too late to plan for show season. I've even started Rana's conditioning already. I'm crossing my fingers for the Empire State Arabian horse Show its May 7-9 I think. I might have found a trainer/mentor nearby that she does mainly dressage but has arabians/ half-arabs. I'm hoping to have Rana tag along to most of the shows just to get the experience.
i hope to see you at some of the shows!
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Nice ... glad I'm not the only one who likes to try to plan things out early .... Khon's going away for training *20 min away.. oh so far lol* for a month or two .. depends on how he does his first month. Then after that we'll be tagging along to some shows. Thankfully my BO likes to show locally so there wont be any issues tagging along at those shows but I'm not sure which shows their going to yet so might just have to find out from them or pay to borrow the trailer... If I want to take Khon to some other shows.

Let me know where you plan on showing Rana once you figure it out .. I'd love to come cheer you guys on.
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm

I will let you know!
Back to top Go down
MS
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MS

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm

There's nothing wrong with planning ahead - it's the only way I can get things done! I just took my stay at home horse to a boarding facility a few miles away so that I can get him (and me) legged using their indoor arena. My outdoor has been covered in snow since October and doesn't look to be melting anytime soon. Our first show will hopefully be the Colorado Charity Show in April...so long as his NSH registration comes through. I'm hoping this will give him time to shape up and shed out under barn lights so we look like we belong.
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:49 am

I wish everyone good luck! I still want updates!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:51 am

I was supposed to be showing R16 this year, but due to some unfortunate events I won't be any more. Although, if you are looking for some great shows with wonderful fairgrounds, Empire, Finger Lakes, and R16 are all held at the fairgrounds in Syracuse. It's a great place/show, highly suggest it!

Good luck to all, maybe I'll see some of you if I go down to watch Smile
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I know its all in my back yard!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Ranyiah_86 wrote:
I know its all in my back yard!

Lucky! They're easily my favourite grounds so far.
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 am

Hey if you ever plan on showing there let me know. I can always help by cheering or otherwise(grooming or something.)
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

I'm hoping to next year. It would be great to actually meet people from this site instead of just passing them in the alleys!
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 am

It would be nice. lol I'm already sick to my stomach from nerves. Last year was just full of bad apples between loosing jobs and my concusion. lol I'm crossing my fingers that this year will be better.

Last edited by Ranyiah_86 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:31 am

I'm hoping for a better year too.
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:18 am

Update: Ma show Rana at a couple schooling dressage shows here is Syracuse,NY!
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Sorry my comp got a wicked bad virus so i've been out of commision until now ...

2010 has GOT to be a better year .. I agree that last year was just a horrible year all the way around.... the only good thing to have happened was Khon was shipped up here to CT and I got my job working for a silver smith .. that's about it.

Good luck to everyone with their showing, training, and what ever other goals you have for this year. Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys. Things are still really up in the air at the moment soo we'll see.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:07 pm

I am proud of you all for being enthusiastic, planning ahead, and starting to work toward a successful show season. The local shows are great for teaching a horse about many different things, especially since things are done somewhat differently there than at the typical arabian show....tying to trailers, seeing kids on bicycles, etc. As for dressage - it is not an end in itself...it is good training for any horse in any discipline...and also a great confidence builder for horse and rider. I don't live close enough to cheer you on in person, but on line.........YEAH - WOO-HOO - YEA, YEA, YEA, ALL RIGHT, YOU GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks Audie I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Today I got to eat snow due to a strange little child running out of the barn. Scared both Rana and myself. Rana slipped on ice and I went flying. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I hope it was soft snow....are you okay?
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:56 am

It was iciy sno but I am ok,just sore. lol it would have been great to have on video.
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:43 pm

oh dear, glad you're ok for the most part .. i'll take soreness over an injury any day .
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Glad to hear that you're okay........no more awkward dismounts please !
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 am

I think I am covered for 6 months or so lol
Back to top Go down
cbartlett
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
cbartlett

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm

In the past I've gone to AHANE, but are they even holding it this year? I didn't go last year... but I heard there were only 70 entries or something crazy like that... it's a shame. If we hear that there are alot of entries I might late enter and go down. Otherwise, most likely not. But the eastern states exposition is by far the nicest show grounds I've even been too. The footing in the arena is amazing! As are the barns and such!

If any of you are located in Maine, I'd highly reccommend coming to the Altantic Canada Arabian Horse Show! We're going to be holding it on July10th and 11th, show grounds can be open on the 8th, and it's two 'A' rated show in one weekend, so it's a great way to make lots of points! We don't have the prize list ready yet, but here's a link to the clubs website, and we will have more information posted soon!

www.acaha.ca
Back to top Go down
http://www.acaha.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that Time .....Showing   It's that Time .....Showing Empty

Back to top Go down

It's that Time .....Showing
Page 1 of 1