AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howdy from Lorena, Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cowgirljenn
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-27

Howdy from Lorena, Texas Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Lorena, Texas   Howdy from Lorena, Texas EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Howdy everyone,

I just got the link for this site from someone on the Chronicle of the Horse. I'm in Lorena, Texas (just south of Waco) and have been here for a little less than a year. I have four Arabs and a half Arab, three of which I inherited from Susan Bovay Baker (if anyone knew her - it has been quite a while since she last showed any horses).

In the late 90s and early 2000s, I showed at a few open/schooling shows in the College Station area. We then lived in MI from 2003-2005, and I showed at a lot of open shows up there. I've not shown since 2005, but I'm heading to an open show in Georgetown this weekend.

I have had lessons here and there and as a teenager worked with a couple of trainers (one who trained mostly Morgans and Arabs). My horses:

RLA Jawhari - I've had him since he was not quite 3, and I've done all of his training. We've shown in hunter pleasure and equitation and are now doing dressage lessons. I would like to find some schooling dressage shows to take him to and them maybe try a couple of Class A shows next year.

FS King Presley - He was shown quite a bit in WP before I got him. I've shown him WP some and he's semi-retired now. We may do a few open shows just for fun/just to get him out.

Bi The Magician - He's one of the inherited horses. He's in his 20s now and is retired. When Susan owned him, he was shown in reining. He's one of my favorite horses in the world to ride...

RSR Mon Bay B - He's not even far enough along to be green yet, despite being 10 years old. He's one of the inherited horses and my goal this year is to get him w/t/c under saddle well. I would like him to be a CEP horse, but i don't know if that's what he wants.

Sheza Little Freckles (I think I got her registered name right). Green, green, green but getting better. Hoping to get her going WP eventually.

I've not been very involved in the Arabian community, but I do serve on the Arabian rescue & Rehoming advisory board for the Arabian Horse Foundation (Carol Darnell is our leader there). I have a MS and Phd From Texas A&M in animal science and did all my research in equine behavior & learning. I run Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society and write for several horse magazines.

I am hoping to finally get to meet some other Arab people, get more into showing, get more involved... and have fun with my 'kids'.

Hope I haven't bored you all to sleep now. Smile
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Lorena, Texas   Howdy from Lorena, Texas EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am

We could not be happier to have you. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Lorena, Texas   Howdy from Lorena, Texas EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Lorena, Texas   Howdy from Lorena, Texas EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Welcome, fellow Texan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Lorena, Texas   Howdy from Lorena, Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Lorena, Texas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: ADMINISTRATIVE FORUMS :: NEW MEMBER'S PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES-
Jump to: