AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladynyellow
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Sun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello!

I just thought I'd check in with anyone from this region and see what is going on. Is there anyone living maybe down in the southeast area of Colorado that shows? or trains? gives lessons? I see several great class A shows to choose from in Colorado and hope to get my act together and attend a few. How about your Regional Championship Show? Are you expecting a good turnout? How about in New Mexico? What is over there?

Though I live in Amarillo/Region 9; I find that hauling towards Colorado is a much more pleasant thought than driving to Ft. Worth (especially with a trailer). I have been up as far as Colorado Springs and the drive was pretty easy going. I also don't mind the drive to Albuquerque and I know they have a Region 8 show there in the spring.

So, thought I'd throw this out there and see if there is anyone around. Would like to get some lessons, associate with some fun ammy/owners, and get back to riding/showing. I wish I could attend the Region 8 show and meet you all this year, but can't get the time off work.

Kelli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MS
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Wed May 19, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Kelli!

I am in central Colorado, and am familiar with the shows around the Denver area. At this point most of our Class A shows are held IN Denver. You will find some smaller (and just as much fun) shows in surrounding areas. It has been a while since I attended the Region 8 Championship, so I can't tell you much about numbers recently. My horse and I will be there this year for quite a few classes.

To get more information about the shows here in Colorado you can visit the CO club's website at cahc.info. You'll find a show list as well as links to prior show results to give you an idea of numbers in the classes.

Hope to meet you!
Mary Susan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ladynyellow
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Wed May 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi Mary Susan!

So glad to hear from you. I am guessing by the photo of your beautiful horse you are doing quite well. What do you show in? Are you a do-it-yourself? Or are you in training? Or lessons?

I have looked a little at the CAHC website - it is one of the better ones out there. It sure feels like you all have quite a few shows there. I have set a goal to try and make the show over Labor Day weekend this year either as a spectator or maybe showing???? Just depends on if we can get act together. We've sure had lousy weather and it's slowing down our progress tremendously. Colder and wetter than normal - and severe weather lately too. Not helping us!

I have an interesting half-Arab gelding that I purchased late last summer. We've been trying to get some good riding in, but seems like nothing worked out like we planned last year. So, trying again this year. He is huge and a pretty white-grey and a nice boy to be around. I want to do country with him and maybe some Show Hack too. But, one step at a time - and we need to get to consistant riding first!

I'm so glad you contacted me. Tell me a little about what you do, I'd love to hear. I hope I'll get to meet you sometime in the near future.

Kelli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MS
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 am

Kelli,

You could say that I'm a part-timer. My horse was in full-time training his 5 year-old year (he is 8 now) with wonderful trainers/friends here in Colorado. He's been home since, and I haul him in for lessons as much as I can and stall with them at shows. It's just so much more fun to be with a group!

Dan is my only show horse, so he wears many hats. He is my country horse, halter horse, costume horse, and as of this year, my sidesaddle horse.

I'm not sure that we will go to the Labor Day show, but we'll see. I do plan to take him to the Fall Charity which is a week or so later. That show is multi-breed and has added prize money in all of the championship classes. It was small last year though.

Do keep in touch and let me know if you decide to head this direction, even if just to watch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sue meals
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeeeah!
Thanks to hear from some region 8 folks. We are just west (in the Mountains) outside Colorado Springs. My sister is in Albequerque. My son was looking for some employment in Texas.
Our location seems to prove just isolated enough we have trouble meeting with the Colorado Clubs (although enjoyed the ones we did attend) and hauling. (We do have a trailer, now our PU is on the blink). It's good to get the news of the shows and when and where the championship show will be. For now, we are trying to coordinate with the Black Stallion Literacy Program..first in our locally isolated community, then maybe expand to some rural areas and Colorado Springs. Would be helpful to know who might be interested in hauling a horse or two for demonstrations, at each camp or shool. They keep talking about Big Red and Little Black Pony, also a black stallion. I think any Arabian will do...it will help us teach the students the different types of Arabians.
Perhaps we can find or create some small shows later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ladynyellow
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi Sue,

Nice to meet another person in this part of the country. I think I will be trying to attend shows in Region 8 because they are an easy pull from Amarillo. I am hoping to attend the Region 8 Regionals in 2011 and meet some of the folks that live within the area. I have a nice half-Arabian gelding that I would like to get going with. I need some lessons to refresh my mid-aged brain and having an eye on the ground is always such a big help. I am hoping to find someone I can work with in the not too distant future.

Glad to have you join the Ammies and it's nice to have another person to look forward to meeting.

Kelli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 am

Hey there! Another Region 8'r here. I am down in the Canon City area. So my horses have been primarily trail horses thus far. I am looking at finding a reining or western riding trainer. I know my one girl I could take into the trail classes, but like to also go with something a little more aggressive. LOL

If nothing else we will start on the CTR and AERC circuits, since I know she loves the trail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts   

Back to top Go down

Hello to Region 8 Enthusiasts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1