AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from the Rocky Mtn State

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jules
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Jules

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Hello from the Rocky Mtn State Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Rocky Mtn State   Hello from the Rocky Mtn State EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi there.

I had a friend suggest I join this site, as I had expressed an interest in learning about showing.

I have been involved with horses for over 20 years. I have work at the TB tracks and farms in CA and AZ, as an exercise rider and groom. I had left the track and then ended up with my first horse ever. A 7/8 Arabian. He was a backyard bred and raised 3 y/o. I was the first one to ride him. Over the years I had trained horses and ridden trails and participated in gymkhanas. Some on QH's, but mostly on Arabians.

A few years ago, I got my second Arabian, Jordan. She was not papered as she came out of an extreme rescue situation where there had been numerous horse seized. At the time she was owned by some friends, and they had my my ex start her. She was basically unhandled, and a bit of a wild cat. But when we sent her back in 30 days, she was moving out nicely. He had said to me that if she were to ever come up for sale - we would get her. Well, she did. And we did. She had done everything. Been to the tops of mountains, packed out deer and elk, was a babysitter for the kids, my (and my daughters) gymkhana horse. I lost her this spring to colic.

A few years ago, I was training horses, and had a client tell me about 2 mares that needed rescuing. They came with their papers. I said you bet. They were SC Myrage and SC Mystyc Rosebud. I took them in and had an instant connection with Myrage. She was to be my back up for Jordan. I had a friend that absolutely fell in love with Mystyc, and she bought her. They are getting ready to start competing in CTR's.

A few months after losing Jordan, I was told about a gal that was rehoming her mares. And asked if I would like to help. I have the space and said sure. I talked to Penny, and we arranged for to take her 5 mares; *Fronda, Cassels Pregunta, Cassels Olympia, C Glory B, and Bint Roanne. The matriarch of the bunch *Fronda is 33. She is a bit long in the tooth, but an absolute delight to be around. The other 4, I will be bringing in from the big pasture to start working with. Olypmia is 14, and hardly been handled. She is going to be my toughest nut to crack I think. Pregunta is a close second. Wink The others are pretty social, and seem to be rather loving.

I would love to take these ladies and perhaps learn and show them in Breeding classes, or older mare classes, as they are all, except Olympia, over 20. They are gorgeous, and from what the previous owner said, they through HUGE trot on their babies. But that for me is a maybe next year we can find something. The breeding year is almost over.

I look forward to learning a great deal reading the forums. And perhaps, getting to the point of stepping in that ring and trying my hand at showing.

Hello from the Rocky Mtn State Wave
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Rocky Mtn State   Hello from the Rocky Mtn State EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Great life in horses. We are so very happy to have you join the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Rocky Mtn State   Hello from the Rocky Mtn State EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
MS
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MS

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Rocky Mtn State   Hello from the Rocky Mtn State EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:19 am

Welcome! Might I guess that you are in Colorado? There are a few Coloradoans here and I'd love to meet you at one of the upcoming shows.

M.S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Rocky Mtn State   Hello from the Rocky Mtn State Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Rocky Mtn State
Page 1 of 1