AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi From Northern Virginia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evergreen Farm
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Evergreen Farm

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Hi From Northern Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm new to the Ammy Army idea. I can't believe I never knew about this before. I have a farm in Berryville, Va where I stand a stallion, do boarding, and we have a trainer for Dressage, H/J, and eventing. Complete service facility. I have been in the Arabian world for about 10 years now, but I have been riding all my life. I was a h/j rider from the age of 10 with QH's and TB's. My first "Arabian love" was a *Morafic son I had the pleasure of managing 22 years ago. I never forgot him and I had vowed that when life settled a bit I'd get my first Arab. Long story short, I have been fortunate enough to have acquired a *Fairview Klassique son from Klassique's owner and the rest is history. I have been very successful in the ring with my stock obtaining "A", Regional, East Coast and National Ribbons without the use of a trainer. I started with a halter trainer who, IMO was too rough on my stallion. I was shocked by the behavior my stallion exhibited after bringing him home. I still have a hard time convincing him I won't rip his ear off. While I enjoy halter, I never win or do very well. I ride mostly Sport Horse divisions (dressage, shus, tinkering in Hunter Hack)and do SHIH. I enjoy some HP although I feel like most of the horses are improperly trained (dumped over and VERY heavy on the forehand), just my opinion.

I try to ride using proper techniques, no too many gadgets. The occasional use of draw-reins and a neck stretcher for the "retrains" is about all I use.

I recently was "turned in" to the USEF as a Pro parading as an AMMY. lol! Crack me up. I only showed 3 ties this year, but I did VERY well on my JR Horse. I happened to do better in the open classes this time around so I guess I ticked off a trainer so he turned me in. Needless to say the USEF folks are very nice, I am totally in the clear as i was doing nothing wrong, but it made me happy and angry all at the same time. Happy because someone other than show officials took enough notice of me to evidently get their panties in a wad but angry because they didn't ask me about my status or horses they just tried a backhanded way of hanging me. Being completely exonerated by the USEF along with a letter form the Director of the regulation department was sufficient revenge for me on whomever tried to rattle my cage.

I am always looking for like-minded individuals to hang with at shows. Along with local folks who have Arabs and show. I almost always have stock for sale. We breed for sound minds AND bodies. Suitable for the amateur. I love what I do. I have 3 teenagers as well so I am really busy, but would not trade my life for anything. I am one of the few that can say, I am married to the best guy in the world, and have been for 20 yrs, I have the life I have always dreamed of and I work every day within the field for which I have a degree. Equine Science. I am a very, very lucky girl and count my blessings each and every day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evergreenfarm.info
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:23 pm

HEY!!! That's KKOI.....Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Evergreen Farm
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Evergreen Farm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 pm

DELGADO wrote:
HEY!!! That's KKOI.....Welcome aboard.

How'd you know???

I didn't want to mention his name. I didn't see anything about mentioning your own horses but I didn't want to get slapped right off the bat for being accused of advertising or something. I am a bit gun-shy at this juncture!
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:27 pm

No need to be gun shy here. The ONLY rule is that folks be civil to each other. If you have something to say or promote....SING IT from the roof tops:)

I almost bought a Kkoi daughter a few years ago. I don't remember her name, but she was a chestnut owned by Shelby and was with Rob Simpson.

Again, post ANYTHING you wish. Promote it, sell it, share it. We are all friends and adults here. The rules that apply at other sites do not apply here. Post links, video, websites, pictures, etc........No guns being pointed at you:)
Back to top Go down
Evergreen Farm
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Evergreen Farm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 am

Well that's good to hear. Then yes, It is KKoi my prized stallion. He is the best boy ever. In fact he's turned out with the weanlings now, like he is every season! You know, he is listed as the youngest Sport Horse Stallion to have had 3 Top Ten SHN babies. He was just 8 years old then.

Sorry you didn't buy EF KKoi's Firefly. She is a firecracker. The woman who has her now is doing dressage with her and loves her. I just sold her 3/4 sister to an endurance rider. I am trying to market my horses and it is a tough market these days. I still have 2 more to sell and a Desperado V daughter that I bought last year as a resale project. Then I can concentrate on my show string for this year.

Nice to meet you , BTW. Thanks for a great site for us to kick up our heals and have fun...its almost like a show!

Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 am

The only thanks I would ever want is you truly kicking up those heels. Enjoy. Don't forget to find the "for sale" section for your wonderful horses.
Back to top Go down
Showhorse401
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Showhorse401

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 am

Welcome, we are glad you found us. Next year will be great for all of us as we team up & assist each other in our equine endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RacingandRiding.com
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Northern Virginia   Hi From Northern Virginia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi From Northern Virginia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: ADMINISTRATIVE FORUMS :: NEW MEMBER'S PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES-
Jump to: