AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WLD and Classy...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

WLD and Classy... Empty
PostSubject: WLD and Classy...   WLD and Classy... EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm

I got Classy last Sept. We got her home and I had the farrier out... Well, we discovered that Classy had White Line Disease extremely bad in one front foot and a little of it in the other front foot.

So we resectioned the hoof, treated the WLD, and then used an new acrylic substance to rebuild the hoof wall. My farrier is now on a 'watch list' because of her using the new acrylic mixture. It was a huge mess to get this stuff, but man does it work beyond our expectations. We did NOT have to rebuild the artificial hoof wall at all during this time. The acrylic mix did NOT break, chip, or wear away, it stayed put and grew out just like a real hoof wall would.

On Sept. 16th, we rebuilt the hoof and put a theraputic package on Classy. Today, just shy of 4 months later, we took off the current package to discover a completely regrown hoof and...

NO WHITE LINE DISEASE!!

I am so happy! I just had to share. Smile

When we turned Classy loose and watched her buck and RUN, for the first time since I got her... I think they heard our cheering in downtown Seattle. Smile

I'm so happy, it was so worth all the hard work we've done and Classy was a classy lady throughout it all. Totally made my day.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

WLD and Classy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WLD and Classy...   WLD and Classy... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Congrats! I've never had to deal with WLD, but have worried about it with our horses that spend a lot of time in stalls. Thank goodness most of them are on turnout!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193

WLD and Classy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WLD and Classy...   WLD and Classy... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 pm

WLD is frustrating, to say the least lol. You can have the cleanest, most spottless place and your horses can still get it.

We discovered, through working with the goats and thier various forms of hoof rot, that copper kills it the best. The thrush buster and all of those types of things, don't do near as good a job as the copper.

So, keep that in mind if ever you have to deal with it. Copper is best. Smile

Classy is still trotting around out there having a blast! She's just a sweet old mare.
Back to top Go down
Julie
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-18

WLD and Classy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WLD and Classy...   WLD and Classy... EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 pm

My El Hilal daughter used to get WLD sometimes in the spring. We pick poop everyday but it is wet in the Pacific NW. My Farrier used iodine crystals, put them on the WL and poured something on them. It smoked, killed the WL and worked every time. We were lucky, didn't have to do the dreaded resection - only because we caught it early. Congratulations on getting it cleared up!! It can be tough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WLD and Classy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WLD and Classy...   WLD and Classy... Empty

Back to top Go down

WLD and Classy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: EQUINE CARE FORUM-
Jump to: