AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from Illinois

Go down 
+2
T-MAC
sparkleplenty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

Hi, my name is Lori Foster. I live an hour south of Chicago, and have 6 purebreds and 4 HA. I work most of my horses myself, but do use Kevin Price to break out my young horses and to work my one HA English horse(I'm brave, but not stupid!!) At my barn my boarders all have Arabs too and we hit about 5 shows a year. I compete at the Regional and National level and am proud to say have won National top tens in HA english, PB country, HA country, Pb hunter, Ha hunter, PB and HA sidesaddle, PB costume, and Pb and HA show hack, all with horses I have worked myself(my mom showed my HA hunter to two Res. Nat. Champs in the 40+). I enjoy training my horses, and feel it sometimes gives me an edge because I know what they are going to do almost before they do it. I have always been a big supporter of amateurs competing on their own.
Back to top Go down
T-MAC
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am

Hi.

Many years ago I worked in Hobart In. Nice place.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Lori. Wow, great success and may it continue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks- I am excited to get to know more people that do work on their own, no matter the discipline. Most people think I'm a bit nuts, but I'm sure everyone on here gets similar comments. I am a self employed chiropractor and between my work and my horses I don't have a whole lot of spare time, but it's what I love to do. I don't have any children so my horses are my "kids". I've been fortunate to purchase horses that are good minded and are fairly easy to work. It has always been my goal to find the diamonds in the rough, most of the time it has worked well for me, but of course there have been a few missteps along the way.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:25 am

Hi Lori and what a wonderful life you lead! Congratulations on your hard earned accomplishments...that's awesome! I, too, feel that it's a pleasure and satisfying adventure for ammy owners to accomplish things on their own. Unfortunately, I'm not a trainer so I've needed the help of professionals over the years...which is not a bad thing...I just wished I had the knowledge to actually train or teach my own horses under saddle...nice to have you on board!
Cheers! Rebecca
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Rebecca-I feel that it is important to use the expertise of a professional. I consult frequently and will take my horses for lessons and tune ups. I feel one of the hardest things about working on your own is having a good set of eyes on the ground. By the way your picture is beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Kaitlyn
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Kaitlyn

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Welcome Lori, great to have you! Love the horse in your Avatar, who is it?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kaitlyn-bunifa
sparkleplenty
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
sparkleplenty

Female

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Thank you-his name is Ability Bey and he's my PB country horse. I work him myself and he's a big spoiled goof ball!! What discipline to you work your horse in?
Back to top Go down
Karen Smith
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Lori! I just found this group. My daughter and I helped you at a show way way back. I'm so glad you've had such great success! I'm sure we'll see you again. Karen Smith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Illinois   Hi from Illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Illinois
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: ADMINISTRATIVE FORUMS :: NEW MEMBER'S PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES-
Jump to: