AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Empty
PostSubject: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Danielle
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Danielle

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Beautiful! I swear there is nothing cuter then a goat kid.
I did not breed any Cashmere goats this year, but I have 5 Nubians, 1 Alpine, and 2 Lamanchas all bred to my Nubian buck. They are all due in march-April. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gavilantrading.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 12:45 pm

There are so precious...I remember living on a ranch where the woman had nubians and dwarf something or other..lol..but the babies were the cutest ever all curled up in their goat dens!...so sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drlaura
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:30 pm

You can tell DOve is going "I got the good spot! Razz " in the kid pile.

Hey, Snow and Ruby arent bird names area they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganequine.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barbnbenni
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 am

CVR wrote:
I have been so busy, with the girls kidding and herd trims... Blah, I'm going in so many directions lol.

Good news is that Fallon is now letting Dove nurse without us interfering. Smile

Anyway, on the 4th Lily had two beautiful little doelings at about 11 p.m. I was up until almost 3 a.m. One of the doelings, Snow, got off to a rough start, it took hours for her to stand. I had to prop her up on straw to get her up high enough to nurse. The other doeling, Ruby, was up and running within minutes. Ruby is red and white and Snow is white like her mamma Lily. Smile This is Lily's second time being a mamma and for the most part she's doing good. She's not letting Snow nurse alot, so we're bottle feeding Snow and tieing Lily up and making her let Snow nurse.

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Ruby2-6-09

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Snow2-6-09

So then after I was up most of the night with the goats, the farrier showed up at 7:30 a.m. and didn't leave until after 3 p.m. yesterday. Then company showed up, and in between doing all the chores etc... Well, I never got around to posting...

Early this morning (in between checks) another first freshener (first time mamma), Silk, had two kids, one buck and one doe. The buck was super small and stillborn (I could literally hold all of him except for his front legs from the knees down in one hand). The doeling was really weak at first, but is doing great now. Silk is being a very good mamma, she panics if she can't see the baby. She's constantly licking, nuzzling, and talking to the little one. Silk is not a friendly doe, she just never has been, but she had no problem standing still and letting me 'help' her baby to nurse. We've named this little one Egret.
Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Egretface2-6-09

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Egretsilkdoeling2-6-09

Here's the 'pile' of kids, minus Egret who was still glued to her mamma's side. Enjoy! I have two more does that look like they'll kid today.
Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Babypile2-6-09

OMG those are soem adorrable kiddos .. congrats
Back to top Go down
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Last edited by CVR on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drlaura
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 pm

If you have twin does I think you should name them "Chicka" and "Dee"!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganequine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!   Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lily and Silk have kidded!** Now Brownie too!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: