AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE REGIONAL REGIMENT

Go down 
+5
Cruise control
krissylekrix2001
rawhidenlace
drlaura
DELGADO
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

THE REGIONAL REGIMENT Empty
PostSubject: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 5:06 pm

As a reminder about what the Regional regiment is all about:

I want us, THE AMMY ARMY, to organize regionally. Here is what I am proposing.....We design ARMY stall curtains (Desert Cammy in honor of our desert horses and those Americans that are actually in the desert right now), doing the things that afford us the opportunity to go to horse shows), and we have a set of those curtains (or mutiple sets) in each region. We start threads on this website (AMMY ARMY REG 10, AMMY ARMY REG 7, etc) so that people in a region can communicate with each other concerning the shows they intend to show at. Army members within a region can then coordinate the show, hang the DESERT CAMMY curtains, and help each other during the show. They can help groom, prep, cheer, etc. so that NO ARMY MEMBER is left alone to fend for themselves. Members can help each other haul to shows, set up the stalls, buy the beer, drink the beer, etc....

The curtains would be DESERT CAMMY with THE AMMY ARMY in black. There will be NO SUCH THING as high money client and low money clients...it will be a group of PEERS that band together to make the show experience much more fun and enjoyable. People from all over the show grounds will approach the Army members to see what is going on and our numbers will skyrocket. Remember, if the playing field were level, there would be no need for AOTH and AOTR classes. The field is not level and we need to band together...not just at this wonderful site, but at the shows as well. If the group decided to purchase Patron Packages or sponsor classes, they can pitch in together. Can you imagine hearing "This class sponsored by THE AMMY ARMY"...too cool. Each member would pay their own entry fees and stall fees, but the group can pitch in for tack stalls, prep stalls, etc...to keep the cost down. By banding together you will all be FULLY RELEVENT with a show committee and enjoy the experience with a GROUP.

So, in keeping with the orginal notion that this thing of ours was NOT going to be fully structured, was not going to have membership dues, a board of directors, titles, etc....I would like for people to volunteer to be REGIONAL COORDINATORS.....Not Regional Directors, or Vice Presidents, etc....JUST "COORDINATORS". High energy people who like putting people together and helping out. The Coordinator's job would be to monitor the Regional Ammy Army thread, perhaps keep a list of contact numbers and then help people within their Region "get together". Once the Regional Army gets things together, the regional members can pitch in to buy THEIR stall curtains for THEIR use. If a Regional Army Brigade decided to buy more than one set of curtains, so be it....it would be THEIR decision. Also, we need to keep the Regional support open to everyone...The AMMY ARMY thread has focused upon halter, but we are not going to limit it to that. The CAMMY curtains are open to everyone...WP, EP, HP, SHIH, Halter....FILL THE STALLS. If you are an Ammy who believes in the ethical, fair treatment of our horses, then you are an AMMY ARMY SOLDIER and should really consider banding with like minded people. There are NO DUES, NO SECRET HANDSHAKES, and NO INTIMIDATION.

Because I am SO against titles, especially with something as positive as the AMMY ARMY, I am NOT going to be eligible to serve as AMMY ARMY BRIGADE REGION III coordinator. I am having too much fun as coach and cheerleader .

If we can get this set up regionally, all roads lead to U.S., Canadian, and Youth Nationals.......The CAMMY CURTAINS will become recognizable throughout the industry...
Back to top Go down
drlaura
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

So anybody gonna be showing in MI this year?

And I still want pink cammo...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganequine.com
rawhidenlace
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
rawhidenlace

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am

I do CMS and would be more than happy to help show case the arabian breed on a local level with Cowboy Mounted Shooting in Region 13.

Del sent me the info for the stall curtains and I plan on making a couple of sets in the coming months.

Occassional we have shoots where stall curtains are nice to have and I have buddies that ride arabian horses so we could stall together and get some pictures and possiblly get an article or press release for the AA.

When the season gets going in a few months I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.juniperdesertarabians.com
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
krissylekrix2001

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Laura, my friend and I are planning on going to the MHSA show at the Detroit fairgrounds mid-May...if you would like to go to that, let me know and we can stall together. We may drive you nuts, because we will have two 3 year olds and it will be their very first show, not to mention under saddle! affraid lol
Back to top Go down
drlaura
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 pm

What classes are you showing in?
I'm still debating on whether I'm going to that one or not (though now that I know someone who is, I might be more likely!). I'll have my 3yo beast too. Not Sure if I'm brave enough to show her under saddle yet though!

We would do Hunter or SHUS if they offer it.

I'm very bummed I just found out the lady I take all my lessons with is judging the SHIH/SHUS at the MSU show, so I either have to stop taking lessons for 1 month before the show, or I have to skip it Crying or Very sad There aren't that many SHIH shows, so I hate to miss one, but I dont knwo if I can afford to take a month of of lessons with my crazy beast!

Maybe we better find someone with a nice older horse to stall with us so everybody doesnt think AA is a bunch of wild horses LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganequine.com
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
krissylekrix2001

Female

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:23 am

Lol, at least we will be in the same boat with the youngsters...I usually stay out very late before I attempt working them.

I have a hunter and my friend has a country horse (not sure yet, she may not be ready for u/s work at a show and we may just take her to break her in a bit). I also have a western horse that is 7, but I am not sure if I will bring her. All of these guys are half arabs.

They do not offer SH classes, and overall it is a smaller show for the arabians, which is kind of nice not having to worry about a huge class on a baby horse. The one downfall is that there are other breeds there--Morgans, Saddlebreds, and Pasos--and the Saddlebred people can be kind of wild! LOL! Well, not "kind of"...are you from this area? I plan on just going home at the end of the day...
Back to top Go down
Cruise control
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Cruise control

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi there,
Me and my friend will be showing in Region 13. We show Wester, English, Country, Side Saddle, and Hunter.....Pretty much everything except Halter. It would be fun to plan some get togethers at the shows.
Back to top Go down
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
krissylekrix2001

Female

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi! Nice to meet you! I will probably be sitting out this year again as I work full time and have school full time...but if you are going to any shows, certainly post them here and let me know. I would love to go to help out with grooming, etc and cheer you on. Smile Kristen
Back to top Go down
AladaPizazz
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
AladaPizazz

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 am

Hey Everyone! I'll be at Region 13 with Cruise Control! Hope to meet some of you there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChelseaW
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
ChelseaW

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

I'll be at Region 13 showing Smile Can't wait! I love that show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arabinc.org
HunterfieldFarm
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 5:51 pm

drlaura wrote:
What classes are you showing in?
I'm still debating on whether I'm going to that one or not (though now that I know someone who is, I might be more likely!). I'll have my 3yo beast too. Not Sure if I'm brave enough to show her under saddle yet though!

We would do Hunter or SHUS if they offer it.

I'm very bummed I just found out the lady I take all my lessons with is judging the SHIH/SHUS at the MSU show, so I either have to stop taking lessons for 1 month before the show, or I have to skip it Crying or Very sad There aren't that many SHIH shows, so I hate to miss one, but I dont knwo if I can afford to take a month of of lessons with my crazy beast!

Maybe we better find someone with a nice older horse to stall with us so everybody doesnt think AA is a bunch of wild horses LOL!

What day is that show? If it doesn't conflict with my show schedule I could come out with my "nice older horse", lol!
Back to top Go down
krissylekrix2001
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
krissylekrix2001

Female

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:13 pm

The Show is May 15, 16, 17...I can't go now though because I am standing up in a wedding and the shower is the 16th...if anyone that's going needs help I plan on stopping in to watch. Let me know if you go!
Back to top Go down
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Good luck to all showing. Let us know how you did! Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE REGIONAL REGIMENT   THE REGIONAL REGIMENT Empty

Back to top Go down

THE REGIONAL REGIMENT
Page 1 of 1