AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show numbers this year?

Go down 
+4
audie
Natalie Angstadt
dave
Cache
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Show numbers this year? Empty
PostSubject: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am

I didn't want to derail the topic on the US Nationals thread. But it was mentioned on there that Souix Falls cancelled their show due to low numbers. I ran over to Wichita, KS this past weekend to see how the Sunflower show was going. And they couldn't have had more than 100 horses there...probably less (I counted somewhere around 110 stalls). It took less than 2 hours to get Trail and all the Championship classes through the ring. It will be interesting to see what their official numbers come out as. What has everyone else seen for show numbers this year? Are all the shows down?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Show numbers in SoCal are really down. We'll see how region one does. My club is having an ACS next month. I think we'll have a good turnout. People want to show but they're watching their bucks.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:27 pm

I was a show fiend the past couple years. This year I made my qualifications and that was it. No more shows until Regionals. However, I am breeding (or trying to with my problem mare).
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 2:21 pm

A customer sent this to me. They said that there were about 180 horses there. While they did not have the dressage and sport horse numbers, those entries were up over last year.

Ohio Half Arabian Horse Association Show 4-18-09 Columbus Ohio

NSH Classes

Pleas. Driving ATD 0
Western Pleas. 0
SS Equitation 2
Country Pleas. 2
Pleas. Driving 1
3 Gaited 0
5 Gaited 0
English Pleas. 1
Country Pleas. ATR 5
Hunt. Pleas. AOTR 6
Eng. Pleas. ATR 1

Halter PB

Colts & Geld 0
Geld. 2&3 yo 1
Geld. 4 and older 2
Geld. ATH 2 & older 4
Fillies 1
Mares 2 and older 3
Mares ATH 3 (same entries as open mares)
Stallions 2 and older 2
Stallions ATH 2 older 0

Halter HA/AA

Colts & Geld. 0
Geld. 2+ St/Hunt 2
Geld. 2+ SS/PL 0
Geld. 2+ ATH 2 (same entries as other class)
Fillies 0
Mares 2+ St/hunt 1
Mares 2+ SS/Pl 1
Mares 2+ ATH 2 (same 2 mares)

Showmanship 17 & under 5
AHA Horsemanship 17 & under 3
Hunt Seat Equitation 17 & under 9
Walk Equitation 10 & under 3
NSH SS Equitation 2
Western Equitation 17 & under 0
Leadline 2
UPHA W/T Equi. 10 & under 0
AHA Hunt Seat Medal 17 & under 4
UPHA Challenge Cup 17 & under 5

Driving PB

Country ATD 1
Country 2
Pleasure 0

Driving HA/AA

Country ATD 0
Country 3
Pleasure 0

Park

HA ATR 1
PB ATR 0
HA Open 1

English Pleasure

PB ATR 2
HA Ladies 0
HA 40 & over 3
PB Open 0
HA Gentlemen 3
PB JOTR 0
HA Open 2
PB Ladies 0
PB AAOTR 18-39 0
AH AAOTR 18-39 0
PB Jr. Horse 2
HA ATR 1
PB Gentlemen

Country English Pleasure

HA Jr Horse 4
PB AAOTR 19-39 2
HA JTR 17 & under 2
PB JOTR 4
HA Open 3
PB Ladies 4
PB Open 5
HA ATR 8
PB ATR 8
HA Gentlemen 3
PB AAOTR 40 and over 5
PB Gentlemen 3
HA AAOTR 19-39 4
HA Ladies 2
HA AAOTR 40+ 7

English Show Hack

PB Open 3
HA Open 5
HA ATR 4
PB ATR 2

Western Pleasure

PB JOTR 4
HA Open 4
PB Limit Horse 1
HA Ladies 5
PB Jr Horse 2
PB AAOTR 40+ ` 9
PB Maiden Horse 2
PB Open 6
HA Jr Horse 1
HA AAOTR 18-39 3
PB JTR 17 & under 4
PB ATR 9
PB AAOTR 18-39 2
HA ATR 2
HA JTR 17 & under 2
PB Ladies 4
HA Gentlemen 2
HA JOTR 2
W/T JTR 10 & under 2
HA Limit Horse 1
PB Gentlemen 1

Hunter Pleasure

PB AAOTR 18-39 5
HA AAOTR 40 + 3
PB JOTR 6
HA ATR 13
W/T JTR 10 & under 1
PB Open 6
HA ATR 11
HA Mares 2
PB Mares 2
PB JTR 14-17 4
HA AAOTR 18-39 5
HA Jr. Horse 5
HA Open 7
HA JOTR 6
PB AAOTR 40 + 7
PB Geld/ Stall 4
HA JTR 14-17 3

Costume

HA 4
PB 3

Side Saddle

HA Open E & W 3
PB Open E & W 2

Reining

HA Open 1
PB Open 1
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am

I have to wait and see the Empire State Arabian Horse show is May 1. I will let you all know!! I will not be able to show yet with my mare because I do not have the funds to do so. Sad
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:06 am

All of these realites illustrate why YOU as an Army are so important to this breed organization. The economy being as it is, any chance to save money is vital to the future of this breed in the show ring. Banding together, training your own, and helping each other at a show is what will keep those costs down for all. We find ourselves at a "juncture" that will make US, the grass roots, more relevent than ever, IF we take advantage of the opportunity and GET OUT THERE together:)
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 am

I have to admit, seeing the numbers from Sunflower did make me feel guilty for not having any horses there. But I knew I'd never be able to get someone to switch with me at work as the show was on Easter weekend...and they don't offer sport horse classes.

Got back on Sun from Heart of OK (that one I did take horses to). They were down probably 25-30 horses. Most of the horses that were there were sport horses and MR hunters. Sport horse had pretty big classes--about 5-12 horses per class. Which, for around here anymore, is big. It was very odd to ride a class with 10 horses in the ring again! But hardly any western horses...and not a whole lot of english horses either.

Not taking any horses, but I'm going to run up to the Border Bonanza in KC tomorrow to visit a friend. Guess I'll get to see how that show is going.
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:38 am

Went to day 1 of the Empire State SHow here in my backyard, Syracuse Ny. I,personally did not show. But There was many classes with less than 4 briders then others with over 20. I will being going to day 2 and 3. I will get pics under Region 16 asap!
Back to top Go down
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:57 pm

The numbers for riders are also down in Region 17. I will keep you posted when the numbers are in. Looks like a hard year to get the points for Regionals even Nationals. Last year at Canadain Nationals, the numbers were down by 150 horses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptySun May 03, 2009 4:18 pm

I went to watch a show in KC a week or so ago. They had LOTS of horses there. Not sure how it compares to their usual numbers, but the classes were fairly large. They were finishing up their Thursday *morning* session at 3:00 PM!!!! And they seemed to be moving the show pretty quickly.

I'm taking some horses to Tulsa this coming week. Will be interesting to see if having Nationals here in Tulsa bumps the Tulsa show numbers any.
Back to top Go down
DDK Arabian Farms
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
DDK Arabian Farms

Female
Number of posts : 139
Location : Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada https://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/dfarn870/
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Well, the Calgary show is over. The numbers are down! Hunter pleasure champion class had 4 horses and the western pleasure champion class had 4. The biggest class was H/A country english pleasure with 8 entries. (A trainer wanted to have enough points for her main horse to qualify all were her clients.) I was unable to show due to being low on funds. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.Calgaryarabian.com
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:35 am

Green Country Classic in Tulsa actually had an increase in horses! They attributed this mostly to their 'speciality' classes--sport horse, working cow, cutting, reining, and reined cow horse.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:14 pm

I am very pleased to say that the OVAHA shows July 18 & 19 had a really good turnout. I am not sure if the change in dates or the change of venue made the difference, but the show was half again as large as it was last year. This was the show's second year in the covered outdoor ring at the Champions Center in Springfield Ohio, and this year was an earlier date than the show had had in the past. I will say this for them, it is probably the most reasonably priced show in the area and offers Saturday as a Region 14 show and Sunday as a Region 13 show.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Forgot to add -

The OVAHA show did add Soort Horse Classes for the first time this year to Saturday (Region 14). I don't know how much that accounted for the increase in numbers - a chunk I am sure.
Back to top Go down
fancigal
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
fancigal

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Since the economy is down, and the numbers of horses in shows is down, do you think they might lower some of the entry fees to accommodate the competitors?
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Boy I sure hope so Fancigal, I'm entering my mare in 1 class at the state fair and its going to cost me $131 just in show fees not including parking! Only reason why I am doing this is to getr my mare used to the show life and because her sister did pretty well considering in 1990. So keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show numbers this year?   Show numbers this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Show numbers this year?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: ODDS & ENDS-
Jump to: