AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????

Go down 
+5
kimmi836
Muff
McShaneArabians
Rwalkowe
dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? Empty
PostSubject: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm

I thought it would be interesting for us to post the names of ammy friendly judges. Please post the names are why they are ammy friendly.

I'll start with two:

Alstair Buchanan - sport horse. He is very positive and encouraging. He gives helpful tips as to how to better present your horse. His written comments are useful and accurate.

Margaret Rich - community shows. Margaret has judged two of my club's community shows. She's real positive and encouraging. She gives good verbal feedback to the exhibitors. Its really important to have a positive judge at community shows because these are the first shows for many exhibitors.

Please keep it positive. No judge bashing.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Rwalkowe
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:05 pm

I showed under Grace Greenlee last year. She gave very specific feedback and took time both in the lineup and after the show to talk about my horse and it lloked like she did the same for other riders.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I think that Tamara Tozer Wald (Diamond TX Arabians in Temecula) is another fair and supportive community show judge...I've shown under her several times and have always been impressed with her knowledge and being approachable when you have questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
Muff
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 am

Overall, in many years of showing, I feel I've been treated very well as an Amateur--as long as I show in Amateur classes (especially beyond the A show level). It's hard for any judge to place someone they know is an amateur over someone who is feeding their family from the horse business. Very few judges hit my 'don't show under list'. Just work with your friends, take lessons, learn how to "turnout" a show horse, put it in the frame per the rules/current trends and you will be fine! Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
kimmi836
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:12 pm

I think all judges should judge each class and each horse no matter who they think is "feeding their family from the horse business". After all, we all pay the same entry fee and deserve to be judged as equals. Also people, OPEN means OPEN !
Back to top Go down
MagnumsNiteSong
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
MagnumsNiteSong

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

While I only have done classes at open shows I must say that I felt Buck Grass was incredibly fair. He looked at the whole picture. Not just who was handling the horse, who bred it or who owned it. The actual horse mattered as well. I'd like to have a fair judge like that at every show but that is sadly not the way it goes.
Back to top Go down
tdogg
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:46 am

One of my favorite judges was Lori Conway (before she was Conway). She is an excellent judge who knows what type of horse she likes, and for me she didn't pick the well-knowns necessarily. She judged the horse on its performance merits regardless of the rider. She was friendly and helpful, and always looked like she was having fun. I've shown under her once, and watched her judged a few times.

I've only had negative experiences with a couple judges. One who refuses to place me no matter what, and another who forgets sometimes to have the class do required gaits/routines. Not naming either here.

Overall I think the judges in our industry do a decent and fair job - perhaps not 100% of them but I would say most that I've shown under.
Back to top Go down
charris
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Pepper Profit is a good judge. She seems to enjoy herself and she takes the time to talk to the exhibitors. I have a couple that I WON'T show under - shame because everytime a show is on live feed, up they pop!
Back to top Go down
Jo
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm

We like Joe Polo, very nice and talks to the kids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????   Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Are The Ammy Frendly Juges Out There????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: ADMINISTRATIVE FORUMS :: THE "GLOVES OFF" ROOM-
Jump to: