AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Would You Breed To?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Who Would You Breed To? Empty
PostSubject: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:09 pm

OK, I have a Patron grandaughter (yes, she's up there in year!) that I'd like to breed in 2010 for one more foal. Her bottom side is Ruminaja Attallah and El Hilal. Her pedigree is listed here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/seleeka She's a BIG mare! Looks very much like her own sire, El Kasaka. Very western pleasurey looking. I'd like to get a western pleasure prospect. Just not sure which way to go with this mare. Anybody got any ideas of stallions out there that would cross with this line? I want a nice hip and laid back shoulder. Do not really want the halter type, but if it produces some, that's OK, too.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Our SE stallion Akdar Brins is consistently producing nice hips and shoulders, however all of his babies so far are competing in the SH end of things. Our Jr stallion, MF Khafaz Fahim (sired by Brins) could have gone WP, but we also went the dressage route and may end up doing hunter later on when he's old enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks, Stacy! I'm doing research and looking. I'm leaning towards the Russian horses, but still leaving options open. Just know I don't want any Bey horses in the lines. My personal wants.

What are you standing the boys at?

Thanks!
Mary S.
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 am

have you thought about maybe a Versace son? he has produced alot of really nice western performance horses. of course he is no longer with us but a good son..... I have a Black Stallion that is a brother to quite a few national winning western horses, you can check him out on my web site.
by no Bey do you mean...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.karsinarabians.com
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Horses with any of the Bey horses in the lines. I have personal reasons for not wanting those lines in my breeding program. Not the color, the breeding, especially the Huckleberry Bey lines. Found them to be not so good for the type of horse I am looking for. Been exposed to handling 2 of them with those lines and well, just not my cup of tea, so to speak!LOL Nothing against those that like that line, it's just not my personal preference. I'm really leaning towards the Russian lines, but they are very hard to find.

What is your web site address?

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 pm

my website is www.karsinarabians.com my stud is egyptian and polish. I saw your mare has egyptian on her bottom side as well, they could compement each other nicley. if you are really set on russian, my girlfriend has a really nice Padron Psyche son out of a reserve champion world cup Don El Chall Daughter. he is Grey. she might be selling him over seas. I am going to breed my Aladdinn Echo Daughter to him I think, maybe........ I think his stud fee is 1000, my stud fee is 500. no Bey horses in either of those choices, lol. I understand, Huckleberry Bey lines are pretty hot. both of my girls that have those lines are real hot trotty horses, but I kind of like that Very Happy but not good if you want a western horse.
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Well, not only are they hot, but tough to work with attitude wise sometimes. I guess you could say they can be hard headed sometimes!LOL Love to watch them when they are on and working, but I KNOW what goes into getting them there sometimes. Just want something easier to deal with. I'm 58, don't want to start working with the "tough guys" at this stage of my life!LOL I'm working with a Karajordge grandson right now that is a little on the stuborne side and yet he gives in once he finds out you mean business. Not the Huck horses! They keep testing and pushing. Worked with that type when I was a lot younger and had the time and patience to do it. I rode a Leo bred Quarter Horse when I was a kid. Got him for Christmas when he was a 2 yo and I was 16, owned him until he died at 25. The first 5 years were total hard times and lots of sweat and blood to get him finished. Not now! I like my easy guys that want to do cruise control! I guess I got spoiled with my Appy gelding. He has been such a joy to work with. Smart and comfortable to work with. Not that he doesn't have his moments. He's Poco Bueno bred and they can be a little vindictive at times.

I have to tell you that I really like your boy! He's very nicely put together. His face is really sweet and I love his big eyes. Wonder what we'd get with this black bay mare old Seleeka is?? She has a huge blaze and hind socks, too. I would hope for size in any case. She's a fairly large mare. Much bigger than my SE that my stallion is out of. No, I still considering him, too. No Huck horses in his lines, either. Egyptian and Polish, too. He's just very small and I am hoping to get the size. He's shown in my avatar. Still working on his papers is the reason I haven't considered him. Long story!

Thanks for sending the info and I will keep your boy in mind for sure.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 am

lol, I have heard Leo horses are tough. I use to ride cutters for Floyd Brooks when I was a teen. I think you would get size, he throws bigger than himself. he had a filly that was 15.2 at 4, and he has a 4 year old colt that is darn near 16 hands. I bred that mare back this year. his foals are real strechy too, and have good minds. you should get black with a drak bay, he has sired mostly black. never had a chestnut, and has been bred to chestnut. and he is a sweepstakes nominated sire. if she has a loy of white you may get a sabino, he has spots between his legs. russian horses carry that line anyway, and so do some egyptian lines, thats where he gets it, through his mother.
Well, mybe my mare will foal tonight, she was just laying down, but now she is up swiching her tail, she is 17 days OVER DUE!
ugh...........
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 11:28 am

Yes, the Leo horses were tough minded, but once they got it, they would work until they dropped for you. Been involved in the reining/reined cow horses for a little bit and got to watch the lines I knew the dispositions about show their true colors!LOL It was fun, but Arabs are my first love, so I'm sticking with them.

My Egyptian mare's dam is listed as sabino and her colt by Fire And Ice has spots and lots of white on his legs. Kallie, as we call her, has a huge roan spot on her right hip. She's very fine boned and not that big and neither was the colt. I think he might go 14 hands at this time, maybe squeaking by at 14.1. He's got a great disposition, but can be fractious to work with if he gets the least bit nervous about what you are asking him to do. The big Russian bred mare is very laid back which is why I'm looking to get my purebred western pleasure horse out of her. I LOVE my palomino Appy, but unfortunately, they don't allow them in the Arab western classes!!LOL

Hope your mare has her foal soon. Sounds like you got a colt! For some reason, they seem to hang on longer in there. Post pictures when it gets here!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Yep, got a colt around 11 pm last night. really wanted a filly, but he is a very upright IXL Noble Express colt, so he should be pretty marketable.
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 am

I've become quite a fan of NYN Hisani after seeing him in a halter class. Versace lines on bottom, Marwan al Shaqab on top. He's got the look of a Marwan horse...but the trot of the Versace lines. He does have some Ruminaja Ali further back on the both sides. He's been started under saddle as a western horse--though I haven't seen him work under saddle yet. But he's one of my favorite young stallions at the moment.

While Singinghearts Farm is mostly competing in the sport horse division right now, they do stand some very nice straight Russian stallions. The foals they've been bringing to the shows lately have been quite nice! And Russians aren't exactly my cup of tea! Might be some to look into. www.singingheartsfarm.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Our boy Brins is siring very good size and always nice bone. His son Jr is expected to mature around 15.2, his dam was 14.1. We have a 3 year old filly that is 14.2 1/2 right now out of a 13.2 hand mare. And, our SE's from him are maturing around 16 hands (mare is 15).

Brins' advertised stud fee is $2500, Khafaz is $2000, but we will honor our rates we have already posted to AA members. Have to go to the other forum to find those...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey all! Thanks for all the input. I'm an researching several of the stallions with information sent me. Decisions to make for 2010!!LOL Have to make sure Seleeka (she's an '85 model) is still breedable this coming fall before I make any definite decisions for her. She is up there in years and you all know how it is to get these older mares bred and kept in foal... I know that her last foal was a real looker and bred very well, too. Nice western pleasure horse from what I'm told. No show record yet, but it might be in the works.

I will be in touch with a couple of you to see what we can come up with and then I'll make a deicision on which one.

Again, thanks' for the input and if anyone else has any suggestions or info, please pass them on to me.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Breed To?   Who Would You Breed To? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Breed To?
Page 1 of 1