AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovemycrabbet
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Lovemycrabbet

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-07-02

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. Empty
PostSubject: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Im curious to know what lines you would suggest for a Anglo. I have the TB mare, with awsome bloodlines...see my signature for link.

Her positives: Floaty gorgeous rock the ring HP mover, but can kick out some nice upper level dressage. Very refined pretty head. Bloodlines are outstanding for a TB...old lineage pretty much all 1970's and before. Great attitude, hard worker and one that wont quit till you dismount. Good height and bone (16.1 HH 1225lbs). She's built a bit more like a stallion/gelding...eats like them too.

Negatives: A bit of a hard keeper. Hooves aren't terrible but could be alot better.

Other notes: Does have some leg damage all racing related before I got her, but fully sound. Hooves would have been slightly better had they not cut her long toe NO heel. Been cleared by 3 vets that carring a foal would be fine, has not had breeding check yet as I dont plan on breeding for another 2 years. And for 1 foal and 1 foal only, I adore this mare.

I want to make sure I get a bit more "pudge" in the bloodlines. So was thinking Polish or Crabbet lines as both are very well known for their performance capabilities. Im looking for a nice HP, Hunter jumper, hunter hack, and SH. With who knows what other capabilites. I never pushed the TB too far just for the sake of her legs....Im a stickler for watching for leg issues. But also want to breed in some good hoof.

What do you think would be a good crossing?
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:04 am

Take a look at my stallion, NN Psymin Azferdron. He is in the Stallions at Stud forum. He is *Padron on the top and heavy Crabbet on the bottom. He is out of my mare, who is an Azraff granddaughter. He is 3 this year and training for flat track racing. He was R9 Champion SHIH as a 2yo last year. My mare did endurance and hunter before being retired to pasture pony/trail horse. She is a cousin (I think 2nd cousin) to the famous racer Equus (and magazine name-sake).

Anything else you'd like to know, just ask! The colt is 14.2 right now and may top out at 15h. I like my Arabs to be 15 and under with lots of heart girth and bone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
Lovemycrabbet
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Lovemycrabbet

Female

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Natalie,

Your colt is just gorgeous. His coloring is stunning, and thoes stockings/socks love the irregularity in them. I've been looking at a few stallions but your boy has my attention more then them. Hmm arab racing lines and some top old school TB racing lines could turn out to be a work-a-holic and a heck of a foal.

And Im with you I like bone and girth. There are good chances my mare has the x-factor (larger lungs and heart), not common for a mare to get but being her girth size compared to her size chances are high especially because of her breeding. After a good workout she could be completely sweated up the same as the other horses but guarenteed she'll be cool long before any of the others. Like usually untacked, hosed down and back outside before the others leave the arena.

Well you said ask if I had questions, is shipped seimen possibly available Im in Mich...as I said more for a 2011 breeding...economy here isn't going to pick up real fast, so I dont expect my income to go back to normal till sometime next year. Obviously im not going to breed unless I know I have more funds available for care and such. Smarter than that as I will not risk foal or mare's life over it.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 am

I believe Psymin's dam has the X factor. She should have been my flat track racer. She is one tough momma.

Yep, we'll ship semen. We'll do whatever anyone wants, quite honestly. I'll have all of the semen analysis completed as to ensure he's a good candidate. I have decided not to breed him until someone was serious about him as I believe prove your performance and then prove you are a sire. He has some sabino traits as well like bird catcher spots that come and go. He also has Bend Or spots that you cant see until you body clip him. When he body clips out, as you will see from our Scottsdale photos, he's a liver chestnut.

He's available to take a ride on if you ever get to Texas Smile I believe that folks that are breeding their prized mares probably want to see the entire picture of a stallion. I know after riding and working with Psymin's sire where every piece of his being comes from. It's really interesting!

We're here if you need anything. Keep up your search and go with what you believe is best for your program and goals. We'd love to fit that bill!
Back to top Go down
Lovemycrabbet
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Lovemycrabbet

Female

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:22 pm

I showed your colt to my sister and mom. They both thought he was gorgeous. Yeah im a sucker for liver chestnuts or very red chestnuts...as long as there are stockings/socks too. Yeah I just like the red in horse coats, my gelding is very much a red bay. Can't tell so much in the pic in my avatar because of the lighting but outside he's red. My TB is usually red bay through early spring summer but by after that she has bleached to a very different golden bay (but a shiny coat not dull bleached out type).

I've always said I need to atleast visit Texas, might have found my reason too. Smile

Yeah im hoping for a slightly larger horse than my gelding he's only 14.2. Would be fully content with 15-15.2HH once fully grown if it reaches 15.3-16 that would be cool too...im 5'10" so the height doesnt hurt, luckily longer in leg so I don't look rediculous on shorter horses. I am just concerned with getting a good cross, I seen an anglo recently that made me think it was 75% TB, there really was no arab traits I could see. Which is why I am shooting more for a true arab type, which is why I say your boy really has my attention and fits what I am looking towards. Just have that good feeling that a good typy arab stud with my TB would produce a nice foal. Kinda why im not taking stud height into account too much, and I do not want to breed her to a horse her size. The one thing I like about my mares breeding I spent the time and found her lineage is about 90% arabian as it is, on top of all her big racing blood. I found very little in barb or turk bred horses or ones that just "drop off" with no linage or breed. So I figured a good typy arab stud will bring out some good qualities. I want a good bred horse too, if she was just some random TB I had around even with papers highly doubt I would even think of breeding her. But its a shame to let her lineage go and I dont want another full TB or Appendix QH (too many of both anyway). She's got a good mind, and is my baby girl, lol. I got her just before she turned 8. And she had already changed hands 8 times before me, so she's really attatched to me because I love her and have been with her the longest. Trusts me about everything (have some interesting stories there), so I would only hope she would pass that on to her foal too. She's just one of thoes horses that you get in your life that mean so much to you, on top of having alot to offer as a broodmare (even if only once).
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 pm

We have bred 3 Anglo foals from our TB Mare May Go North (Majesterian X Courageous Angel). Two from our SE stallion Akdar Brins. They are tall, elegant and have that fancy MR Hunter Pleasure movement. I have an eventing girl that loves Rasool. And, the farrier constantly comments on his nice hooves.

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. Brins210

His two year old Gelding MF Amir Al Rasool

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. 03011

and his yearling MF Ferdous (owned by Shana in CT, forgot her name on here)

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. 05310

Then, our 3rd Anglo colt is sired by our Jr stallion, MF Khafaz Fahim, who is by Akdar Brins out of a high % Crabbet mare.

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. Jrclin10

MF Mustaffa, I see him as more of a working type horse. He is compact and well built. I believe that he will be tall also. Has Jr's gorgeous face and ears, nice bone and should have his wonderful feet.

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. Mustaf11
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Lovemycrabbet wrote:
I showed your colt to my sister and mom. They both thought he was gorgeous. Yeah im a sucker for liver chestnuts or very red chestnuts...as long as there are stockings/socks too. Yeah I just like the red in horse coats, my gelding is very much a red bay. Can't tell so much in the pic in my avatar because of the lighting but outside he's red. My TB is usually red bay through early spring summer but by after that she has bleached to a very different golden bay (but a shiny coat not dull bleached out type).

I've always said I need to atleast visit Texas, might have found my reason too. Smile

Yeah im hoping for a slightly larger horse than my gelding he's only 14.2. Would be fully content with 15-15.2HH once fully grown if it reaches 15.3-16 that would be cool too...im 5'10" so the height doesnt hurt, luckily longer in leg so I don't look rediculous on shorter horses. I am just concerned with getting a good cross, I seen an anglo recently that made me think it was 75% TB, there really was no arab traits I could see. Which is why I am shooting more for a true arab type, which is why I say your boy really has my attention and fits what I am looking towards. Just have that good feeling that a good typy arab stud with my TB would produce a nice foal. Kinda why im not taking stud height into account too much, and I do not want to breed her to a horse her size. The one thing I like about my mares breeding I spent the time and found her lineage is about 90% arabian as it is, on top of all her big racing blood. I found very little in barb or turk bred horses or ones that just "drop off" with no linage or breed. So I figured a good typy arab stud will bring out some good qualities. I want a good bred horse too, if she was just some random TB I had around even with papers highly doubt I would even think of breeding her. But its a shame to let her lineage go and I dont want another full TB or Appendix QH (too many of both anyway). She's got a good mind, and is my baby girl, lol. I got her just before she turned 8. And she had already changed hands 8 times before me, so she's really attatched to me because I love her and have been with her the longest. Trusts me about everything (have some interesting stories there), so I would only hope she would pass that on to her foal too. She's just one of thoes horses that you get in your life that mean so much to you, on top of having alot to offer as a broodmare (even if only once).
My colt just took home two Top 5s at Region 9 Sport Horse Championships. He was showin in SHIH. There were 7 in his Open and 6 in his ATH. His dam (19 years old) went Champion Mare, SHIH Open. She went Reserve Mare in SHIH ATH. She had classes of 7 and 8.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Just my 2 cents worth - I like the Muscat, Gainey, and Ferzon bred horses over fences. They have enough body and substance to take up my leg and cross well on TB blood.
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:54 pm

audie wrote:
Just my 2 cents worth - I like the Muscat, Gainey, and Ferzon bred horses over fences. They have enough body and substance to take up my leg and cross well on TB blood.
Well, I've got what you're looking for then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.   What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding. Empty

Back to top Go down

What line to go with? Doing research now for a 2011 breeding.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: BREEDING AND HORSE SALES :: LADY BREEDERS-
Jump to: