AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

People amaze me

Go down 
+4
DELGADO
newzew
westernarabs
Shahnara
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Shahnara

Female
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-26

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 am

You ever notice that on another forum, how quick people are to attack? You post to share good news & that ONE person has to make some snide, nasty little comment that reminds you yet again of just how many holier then thou there are in this breed? I guess I just can't understand why someone can't be happy for others, they must be so miserable in their own lives that they feel a need to drag others down.
*sigh* Makes me very glad for this little home Del gave us
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am

True, everyone has an opinion on some of these other boards. But I do have to say that sometimes I learn a lot reading those comments and the discussions that follow. Not always a great thing for the person being attacked though! I have to agree with you, this site is a breath of fresh air in this breed. We can share ideas, good news and bad news, and be encouraged to continue on. I'm glad that some of those "others" aren't on here to voice their "opinions"!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
newzew

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:45 am

Maybe, we're nicer to each other in this forum, because we are Amateurs. Others may have to make their income by breeding/showing Arabians and because of this, their success (and life) is wrapped up in whether they win or lose.

I am very glad that we can support each other here, without any cut throat attacks.

In my real life, I'm a 9-1-1 Emergency Dispatcher, so I certainly have enough drama and ugly, stupid people who need a good spanking to deal with!
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 am

westernarabs wrote:
True, everyone has an opinion on some of these other boards. But I do have to say that sometimes I learn a lot reading those comments and the discussions that follow. Not always a great thing for the person being attacked though! I have to agree with you, this site is a breath of fresh air in this breed. We can share ideas, good news and bad news, and be encouraged to continue on. I'm glad that some of those "others" aren't on here to voice their "opinions"!

Mary S.

I think those "others" know me well enough to realize that my reaction to the "ugly" would be swift:) This place is about the horse and its owner...not the intrigue, drama, and useless ugliness that does not promote or benefit our breed.
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

I agree, Del! I am continually amazed at the drama and just the outright ugliness on those sites! I really think it's that type of thing that has hurt the Arabian breed. There are a few of them that just are not positive in any discussion. Makes you hesitate to even post anything. I know you've taken your "hits" over there, too. This site is so much fun and so encouraging! I commend you on getting it started and for everyone that really is trying to help the other. Makes me have a little more faith in the world of the Arabian horse!LOL It isn't all doom and gloom like some would picture it.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Shahnara
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Shahnara

Female
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-26

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Del would pull out that sword of retribution so quick they'd never see it coming Smile I'm so glad this site is here for us
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I've gotta jump on board with this. I love this place and while I don't post often I sure as heck read every post I can. I love what everyone on here brings to the table and it IS deffinately a breath of feesh air knowing I can come on here and not worry about being attacked.
I'm part of a few other boards and while one of them is mostly amature based I've come to find it's the people who really make the board a good experiance. So thanks to everyone here for making this place a joy to come too.
Back to top Go down
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Amigo

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Tekii184 wrote:
I've gotta jump on board with this. I love this place and while I don't post often I sure as heck read every post I can. I love what everyone on here brings to the table and it IS deffinately a breath of feesh air knowing I can come on here and not worry about being attacked.
I'm part of a few other boards and while one of them is mostly amature based I've come to find it's the people who really make the board a good experiance. So thanks to everyone here for making this place a joy to come too.

It's been some weeks since I've had enough spare time to stop in here, so now I'm playing catch-up. You are all soooo right about what we have here with AA. It's sad but true that there are far too many people involved in this breed that are filled with jealousy, or unhappiness for some reason, that they seek to take it out on others by being snipey or sometimes downright mean. We have a good thing going here, whether it's because Del's 'presence' keeps the bad eggs out, or whether we just don't attract them here.
Back to top Go down
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Shayquinn

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-03-26

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:23 am

RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRR (just kidding)
I know that I have thought real hard about posting things on other sites because I was afraid of what would be said. I have actually posted a Q's on a dressage sub-forum asking if anyone could recommend a good Arab/Dressage trainer in my area, within about 2 hours driving distance. Not one person answered, many many looked but no one answered! I was like WOW, I really could not believe it. It was actually kind of hurtful, that no one could even point me in the correct direction.
BUT that being said I have learned a lot of things on other sites as well as this one, from the SHIH triangle to why I am still showing by myself....lol!

ETA: I meant not showing with a show barn or keeping my horse at a show barn for that matter. I am hoping that I will be able to show with some on here next show season, and stable together!
Back to top Go down
maryjo
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
maryjo

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-09

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Shayquinn wrote:
I know that I have thought real hard about posting things on other sites because I was afraid of what would be said. I have actually posted a Q's on a dressage sub-forum asking if anyone could recommend a good Arab/Dressage trainer in my area, within about 2 hours driving distance. Not one person answered, many many looked but no one answered! I was like WOW, I really could not believe it. It was actually kind of hurtful, that no one could even point me in the correct direction.
BUT that being said I have learned a lot of things on other sites as well as this one, from the SHIH triangle to why I am still showing by myself....lol!

ETA: I meant not showing with a show barn or keeping my horse at a show barn for that matter. I am hoping that I will be able to show with some on here next show season, and stable together!

RE: Arabian/Dressage trainer in Connecticut

Maybe a bunch of us are not from that area and have no suggestions.

My trainer goes to Connecticut for clinics is in Meriden CT. There
is a regular FEI trainer there. Most top trainers bring in clinicians
now and again to keep up THEIR training.

The barn is Once
Again Farm, Vicki O'Neil - GREAT teacher/trainer, FEI competitor, USDF
Instructor Cert. Faculty etc. e-mail: fourtempis@aol.com
Back to top Go down
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Shayquinn

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-03-26

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 pm

The barn is Once
Instructor Cert. Faculty etc. e-mail: fourtempis@aol.com[/quote]

That was all that had to be said then, Nope do not know anyone or cannot recommend.

Thanks for suggestion, I did not realize that they were in Meriden, which is extremely close to me. I am trying to learn to better myself but most of all to better my filly. Sometimes it is just not worth to say anything at all I guess.
Back to top Go down
maryjo
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
maryjo

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-09

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:01 am

Shayquinn wrote:

The barn is Once
Instructor Cert. Faculty etc. e-mail: fourtempis@aol.com[/quote]

That was all that had to be said then, Nope do not know anyone or cannot recommend.

Thanks for suggestion, I did not realize that they were in Meriden, which is extremely close to me. I am trying to learn to better myself but most of all to better my filly. Sometimes it is just not worth to say anything at all I guess.

Sometimes we just get distracted when trying to reply. Then don't come back for whatever reason....
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 am

Shayquinn wrote:

I'm hoping and praying I'll be on my feet enough, both figuratively and litterally, for next spring... I really want to get Khon out and showing. I think he'd enjoy it, I know I will ... and I miss showing! hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People amaze me Empty
PostSubject: Re: People amaze me   People amaze me Empty

Back to top Go down

People amaze me
Page 1 of 1