AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes Empty
PostSubject: Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes   Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 am

Has anyone shown halter this year at a show that used the exit the ring procedure where one horse is in the ring at a time and when it is done with judging, it exits the ring? I've wanted to show using this procedure but I don't think many shows will use it.

Dave
Back to top Go down
mcsarabs
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
mcsarabs

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes   Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm

I think you are right. I haven't seen it used, but haven't made many local shows. Our first experience with it was at USN last year. It actually worked out well for our horse as he was very bright and attentive coming in the ring since there was no other horses and he was so busy looking around at the crowds. It did make for a long day watching one class, which could be why the smaller shows don't use it, time constraints.
Back to top Go down
kyotyrx7
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
kyotyrx7

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes   Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Our club tried this procedure last year and it did make the classes longer, however, I think it gave a better opportunity for the horse to be viewed without being held in comparison to the other horses in the arena. The horse that's in the arena at that time has the judge's full attention, the horse is less worried about the horses around him (espcially if he's nervous around other horses or large groups of horses).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes   Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes Empty

Back to top Go down

Exit the Ring Procedure for Halter Classes
Page 1 of 1