AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thorough pin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arabian5
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
arabian5

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

thorough pin Empty
PostSubject: thorough pin   thorough pin EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 pm

I was wondering if anyone has had a horse with a thoroughpin. My 3 year old gelding got kicked about 3 wks ago and developed a thoroughpin. I had him x-rayed and there were no fractures. The vet said that it was permanent and not to worry about it. He isn't lame but I was wondering if there is any way of treating this. Also wondering if I show him under saddle if this will be counted against me even if he is sound.
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

thorough pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: thorough pin   thorough pin EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:25 pm

We had a gelding get 2 of those in a pasture accident. Both hocks! I used magnets and compression with vet wrap. Sounds out there, but it worked and he didn't have an indications of them the next year. He was never lame and it never interfered with his showing.

Maybe your vet could give you some ideas on how to work with the swelling, if possible. Also have a letter to submit to the show offices that he is sound from your vet, might help.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down

thorough pin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS :: GENERAL FORUMS :: EQUINE CARE FORUM-
Jump to: