AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scottsdale diet thread!

Go down 
+7
Tekii184
KAHanson
westernarabs
newzew
McShaneArabians
audie
simone_ck
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Scottsdale diet thread! Empty
PostSubject: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Hey Ladies ( and guys if they want to play along) lets get in shape before the 2010 scottsdale show! I am going to list how much I want to lose, cause I am too shy to post my weight, lol.
I need to lose 40lbs in 12 weeks ( okay, I wont hold my breath)

who is next?
Back to top Go down
http://www.karsinarabians.com
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Not going to Scottsdale, but would love to lose about 30 pounds....my horse would be thrilled..
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm in...I'm at 142 and want to lose at least 12 pounds. I started today by eating a bowl of Kellogs Special K with strawberries for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
newzew

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Go to the Beach! I mean, go on the beach - the South Beach Diet. It's first two weeks are killer, but after that it gets easier. This diet breaks the glycemic cycle and you are not hungry on it - I guarantee it.

I don't know if you can lose 40 pounds in 12 weeks, but I do guarantee that you can lose at least 15 in 6 weeks - cuz I did it!
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Yay! Ok, so I'm not gonna post my weight either, but a good 40 lbs is what I'm aiming for!LOL Old age has a way of making it harder to get the pounds off, that's for sure. So, let's keep track and cheer each other on! Scottsdale will see a bunch of slim chicks showing our great horses or cheering each other on!!!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:55 pm

I want to drop 40! I've started a body pump class twice a week and am going to either walk/run/gym another 2-3 days!
Back to top Go down
newzew
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
newzew

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:37 pm

You go girl! You'll be skinny before you know it!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Lol after putting on my black pants for halter today I figure I'd better drop weight or I'll be splitting them!
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 am

Awesome to have some motivation...my biggest culprit is laziness...I do not want to exercise on purpose anymore...I'm getting way too old...plus the medical issues don't help! I'm thinking working *Noble Lord will be my form of exercise since I've done nothing since I fainted in July coupled with changed eating habits, should help lose what I want to lose.
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm not going to scottsdale but I'll join in ... I need to lose 5-10 more lbs *i've been working on this* and then I'd like to tone up my legs... in prep for riding/breaking my colt this coming spring/summer.

I've already lost 40lbs then gained a few back over this summer laying in bed w/ a broken leg .. then lost it because I had to wait for meals since I couldn't get up to get food XD

The Plan:
Now I'm taking acai and green tea pills(walmart) and taking belly dancing classes <- super fun... especially since I HATE to go to the gym and I'm super lazy so working out at home isn't really an option either... so I'm getting a cardio workout and toning muscles through muscle control.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Gads I HATE the gym, too!!...I used to stay in really good shape when I hiked every weekend...but now that my best hiking friend moved to Oregon, I have noone to hike with...plus it's harder to leave now with the baby...bad enough I show and do my reenactment stuff!...so I'm still hoping I'll burn enough calories conditioning *NL...I should because going from couch potato to doing anything should help! lol

So this weekend doesn't count for me because I exhibited no willpower...I had 2 pieces of pizza for dinner and coldstone icecream for dessert with the family...and over the course of the weekend I had at least 1/2 a peach pie by myself! ikes!

Actually I do better when I have an Living History event because I absolutely HAVE to fit into my corset because my bodice will NOT fit me unless my corset is laced tight!...so I tend to cut way back on eating a few days before the event! But work is tomorrow, SO, I made a promise to myself I would only eat at one restaurant all week and I'll take my lunch the other days...hey!!...that will save me money, too! Since I don't have a scale in my house, I'll just have to go by how my clothes fit!
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Okay - lost 2 pounds over the weekend (please stay off - please stay off - please stay off) How long does it have to stay down to count? I try to weigh at the same time every day, but sometimes the numbers just don't make any sense - as in breathe, get 3 back.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Audie!!...that's awesome! I know I didn't lose any even with spending the weekend at the Harvest Fair sucked up in a corset!...and I danced and danced the 2 step, 10 step and line dancing..lol..all in a period reproduction 1885 ball gown!..alas, my work clothes still feel the same...but in my previous post I ate like a pig this weekend, too! oink!

Super congrats on your 2 lb loss...that's alot and keep it up!!
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm weighing every Wednesday morning. I did Jenny Craig for a while last year, and so I'm going to follow that program but on my own. WAY TO EXPENSIVE paying for the food for a long period of time. So, we'll see how I do Wednesday. I'd IDEALLY like to drop 35 pounds, and get back down to 130. So, exercise, exercise, eating better and hopefully at least 20 will be gone by Scottsdale! That's wishful thinking, tho. I'd be happy with 15!
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Belly dancing sounds like fun!!!! I'm as co-ordinated as a new puppy with 8 legs. I admire anyone that can dance and keep a beat.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 pm

I've always wanted to take Belly Dancing! Sounds so fun! Does hand walking my horse for an hour today count as exercise? Roundpen was too mushy to work in so I just hand walked!
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

haha yes walking counts.... Khon and I went for an hour hike in the woods today since our roundpen was also too muddy... didn't do much with him yesterday because the farrier came out and he'd been stuck indoors for three days ... just turned him out in the muck to get all good and dirty... so I did crunches... but not many ... it turned into a play session with my little dog.

Belly Dancing's ALOT of fun ... deffinately feeling it in muscles I haven't used before. There's some things that are really hard for me since I have a short torso so the movements don't look as "big", where as others look really exagerated because my torso's short. It's rather interesting.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm going to look and see if there's a class somewhere around here. I've ALWAYS wanted to do it. I, too, have a short torso. Well... I'm 5'1" so I'm kinda short everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:49 pm

The only thing I do anymore is walk. I dont like to deny myself foods I like because I'm already a pissy B*&**(&...dont screw with my meals!

I DREAD getting on the scale. I just want all my size 10s to fit loosely.

Kristen, last night I put on Ken's jacket and bent over to tie my shoes. I heard a "riiiip". So did everyone else. Not sure what I ripped tho!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Bought a new leash for the one dog who is a bit of a free spirit - am going to start making an evening tour around the local hayfields.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Natalie- Uh oh! It wasn't Ken's jacket? Lol! I was afraid my pants were gonna rip at the show when I started running. So, my pants are my motivation to drop some weight! I'm walking the dogs as much as I can. The next few days I'll be on a liquid diet, so maybe that'll help?
Back to top Go down
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 am

hey! as far as excersizing goes, dont forget RIDING!!!!!!! that is a great form of excersize, and then our hourses get out too! I am going to make sure I ride at least every other day, since no other form of excersize sounds very fun......
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 am

Yea, something in Ken's jacket ripped. I told them it was velcro...but there's no velcro on that jacket Smile

So I got on the scale this morning. Talk about a depressing moment! 25lbs to lose is the goal. Better get to walking REGULARLY.

Just handling my colt gets my heart racing so I should get a cardio workout just for that. Next week's trip to Vegas doesn't bode well for the weight loss plan.

One thing that I've done is stopped buying cold cuts. Usually I get home and make a sandwich and SLATHER it with Mayo...so I'm trying to cut that back as best I can. I need to take baby steps or I will throw a temper tantrum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Natalie that's the only way to do it ... I've been working on this for about a little over year now and it's deffinately a SLOW thing but it's worth it ... the real work starts once you plateau.

Keep it up everyone! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Don't miss meals ... EAT breakfast .. even if it's just a granola bar... eat a larger lunch and DON'T eat dinner @ 8:00 at night. If you have to eat dinner late eat something small like a bowl of cereal. and if you need an after dinner snack just keep the portions small... that's my advice for the day ... shoot I guess everyone else I meet is screwed lol.

I'm WAAAAY to awake right now ... the dern power washers showed up @ 8:00AM .... and woke my lazy bumm up ... I just wanted my extra 30 min! ;-)
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Well, guys, I've lost 3 pounds so far. Only 32 left! I'm having teeth pulled today, which is going to put me on a liquid diet. However, my balanced eating (well... balanced now that I'm trying to lose weight...) is working along with exercise. So, maybe I'll have 15 or 20 off by Scottsdale...

Natalie, just take Psymin for a walk around the property! Pulling him back from the mares should give you some upper body workout!

Teikki, where in CT are you? I grew up in Wethersfield.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah Hanson !!! Way to go !
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 pm

YAY Kristen on your progress!

I'm in Simsbury though I lived in Southington for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:58 am

Not sure we'll make it to Scottsdale, but need to take off the lbs I've put on since the last show. I haven't weighed, but guessing about 15 lbs. Will be starting my diet the Sunday after Thanksgiving, when my family members go home.

Will be going back on South Beach. We did this last year about 2 months before Scottsdale and mostly during the show, until Rebecca's snacks got me (very much needed at the time!). I lost at least 20 lbs, including my left over baby weight. We did stay on the first phase longer though. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get rid of the cravings, but once they were gone, it was much easier.

I will also be trying to do Pilates to help with my riding. I'm riding one, have one more that should be ridden and a third getting started for us right now. Also a halter baby to condition and train. Plus, we have 20+ horses with my friend's horses here, so lots of farm chores to help with exercise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
simone_ck
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
simone_ck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 pm

okay, down 2 lbs, not 40 yet, but progress!!!!!! 38 to go!
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:58 am

OK Ladies, I cant do Scottsdale but I still want to lose some poundige. I wont say my weight but at least 20lbs for the up coming show season.

I will start my diet/major exercise program tomorrow.
P.S. Leftover turkey is healthy food, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale diet thread!   Scottsdale diet thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottsdale diet thread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next