AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse Goals for 2010

Go down 
+6
Roze
Ranyiah_86
KAHanson
Tekii184
Lovemycrabbet
Cache
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Horse Goals for 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:00 pm

Since we're about to start a new year.... What are everyone's horse related goals for 2010?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
Lovemycrabbet
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Lovemycrabbet

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 am

For me its some big plans some little.

First on the list take my tax returns and go get my own trailer. I'm so sick of borrowing.

Second working my gelding to settle him well into his new career, which he way prefers over a hunt horse.

Third is the fact I am actually getting back in the ring...W/J WP Mature rider stuff, my gelding needs alot of leg and while I can work him at home on all gaits...I also can ride at home in a knee brace. Since I cant ride in a brace at a show, and my sister is much more ring set than I am for regular classes. I really haven't been in a show ring in a while.

Fourth but not least.... My plans to breed my TB mare for an Anglo baby. Have long thinking and talking with some breeders, I figured to have her live covered instead of IA, as she is maiden and is 14. So I did local looking luckily local is pretty much anywhere in Michigan for me, and we do have some great Arabs here. But being I'm looking to breed for HP/SH things can get slightly more limited and I will only cross her with a PB Arab. I had a lot of qualities I was looking for, to compliment but also help offset a few things. And I found that in a beautiful Echo Magnifficoo and Furno Khamal grandson.... Echcited IA (click name for pedigree) While the picture of him on pedigree is him as a yearling and does nothing for him he looks like his grandsire Furno Khamal. An amazing 16.2HH. Will make a stunning cross with my mare and with all hopes give me the baby I think I am going to get. And talk about a baby that will have some amazing bloodlines, on both TB and Arab side. I'm thrilled because this will be my first personal baby (dealt with and trained many) but this one is completely mine. Just very very "echcited"!

Then of course is showing my gelding and hoping we can improve on the placing from last year after a mid season career change.

Those are my New Years horse goals.
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Pretty simple this year

Get Khon started under saddle XD

Ride/take lessons ... plain and simple since all my riding muscles are gone after the accident.

Take Khon to a show or two .... not sure about THIS particular goal depends on alot of things ... but it's on the list.
Back to top Go down
KAHanson
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
KAHanson

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:12 am

1) Get my mare in foal to MAclintock V

2) Get my gelding through Scottsdale!

3) Find a AAOTR CEP mare with good breeding for myself to have some fun riding.

4) Find a horse property since the family is growing and boarding is too expensive!
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:24 am

My goals this year horse related are as follows:

1) Become a better horsewoman

2) take riding lessons and get better at riding

3) get Rana's papers in my name

4) and go to at least 2 shows this year

5) have fun with my mare and make new friends!

That is about it. I've already been looking at different stables for lessons and I have planned on going to the Empire State Show this year with Rana. I would like to compete in Halter,SHIH and the hunter ring. I'm hoping to accomplish at least most of these. Good luck to the rest of you!
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Christinia I REALLY hope I get to see you and Rana this year! *crosses fingers* it would be a blast to meet up.
Back to top Go down
Roze
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Roze

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I hope to have Ty competiting successfully at Training Level and start schooling First Level. I'd like to place on All Breeds and finally make it to Regionals or East Coast.

For Roze we're hoping to find a solution to her lameness. Have an appointment with a surgeon next week to look at her again. I just want her to be comfortable and would love to get her back in the show ring one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rozearabians.com
WarPath
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I want to make it to some rated shows this year and try to get qualified for sport horse nationals 2011.

I want to make it to some local shows and have some fun and learn what we need to do so we can become a good team, I only went to 2 last year but learned a few things about my new (and 1st) horse there.

I want to hit the trails.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 am

Well, this season isn't looking like it was supposed to, so I have some minor goals.

1 - Sell our horse trailer and get a new one. 2H BP slant with a tack room.

2 - Have my HA going nicely under saddle, working on making him a Hunter Pleasure horse.

3- Take said horse to one show (he'd be going to more if we had a trailer). Hopefully get qualified for Regionals, even if we won't be going.

4- Sell my pony.

5- Buy a PB mare to work with. Hopefully one I can show at the beginning of September. (Granted we've bought another trailer)

6- Work on First Level with my gelding. Get him steady with it and ready to show at the end of the season/next year.

7- Learn as much as I can and become a better rider and horsewoman.
Back to top Go down
arabians4ever
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
arabians4ever

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:47 pm

1) I'm working out to get stronger so I can ride my new HA filly

2) My filly went into "basic" training January 4 and is now quickly on her way in that training

3) A 2-month "cutting horse" evaluation that all believe is a mere formality

4) Full time cutting training for the 2011 US Nationals HA Cutting Futurity, HA Open Cutting, and, HA Non Pro Cutting

This filly's Arabian sire was the 2003 US Reserve National Champion Purebred Working Cow Horse. He's a Khemosabi son.

Her Quarter Horse dam's pedigree reads like the whose who of the National Cutting Horse Association's premier stallions. She has multiple traces to all 4 of the NCHA's dominant sire lines.
Back to top Go down
SunStar Arabians
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
SunStar Arabians

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: 2010 Goals   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 am

My horse related goals are as follows:

1) Get in better shape so the horses don't roll their eyes at me Horse Goals for 2010 Icon_lol

2) Get my new stallion into my name as quickly as possible

3) Breed Shizana to Sun Reflection (for the stallion owners to retain foal)

4) Visit Annette (Phara Farm) when the newest Phara baby is born

5) Finish the Phara Heritage Society's 1st compilation DVD

6) Finish the collector's edition Phara Heritage Society book

7) Get my new stallion's semen transport permit and a phantom, AV, and equitainers

Cool Get a new cart for driving again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunstararabians.com
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Number 1,2,and 5 are in the making so far. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse Goals for 2010   Horse Goals for 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse Goals for 2010
Page 1 of 1