AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WP Class Selections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HorseAfire
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
HorseAfire

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-27

WP Class Selections Empty
PostSubject: WP Class Selections   WP Class Selections EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Need a little help with WP class selections. I/we qualify for ATR, AATR, AAOTR, 40 & over AAOTR, AOTS, and ATR Select. Prior owner showed in numerous 2 horse classes and lost maiden, novice and limit horse qualification, and my horse is not a junior horse. Haven't shown for years, and we haven't had much training time this year, so we won't be very competitive but we will be showing in a couple of weeks. I really just ride for fun, but a desire to improve my riding possessed me to show this year as inducement to improve. I'd rather not be super embarrassed by riding with ammies who are really "amateur professionals" -- no offense intended to the lucky amateur riders who have tons of time and money to train and show. I don't mind finishing last in the class, but would prefer it not be by a super-wide margin. What classes do the Ammy Army members recommend for someone in my position? Is the AAOTR less competitive as a general rule than the ATR, for example?
Back to top Go down
Irish
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Irish

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-02-17

WP Class Selections Empty
PostSubject: Re: WP Class Selections   WP Class Selections EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I ride Hunter but I am very much in the same position as you. From my experience the AAOTR is a bit less competition than the ATR but not much. I do find that going to shows helps me find out what I am good at and what I need to improve on. Sometimes if you choose classes at the end of the show, you get a more balanced class. Many of the pros have already acquired their points they need by then and drop their last classes. Good luck and remember to have fun WP Class Selections Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

WP Class Selections
Page 1 of 1