AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CassieT
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!   Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I witnessed the start of the Ammy Army, but then lost track of the movement I suppose. I kind of went off grid for a while after a bad fall in 2008 left with a damaged spine and a long road to healing. Things are much better now, and my friend Dianna just reminded me of the Ammy Army, and told me about the forums. I am very glad to be here, and look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

I own three Arabians: a 19 year old stud muffin, Focus Flair; his three year old daughter Finesse; and his yearling colt, Bodhi. Then there is the recently gelded mini, Butters. He's a little monster who required his own paddock until yesterday, when he finally met his match in an underfed, unkempt 15.3 gaited gelding named, as of today, Sunday Morning. Sunday has his own story that needs to have it's own thread elsewhere. Also present are a BLM donkey with people problems and a llama, also with people problems. Yes, folks, it's the petting zoo without all the kids.

My own background is self-taught dressage riding. The first time I ever saw a dressage arena in real life was also my first horse show. I had bought a failed (barren after 15 years of foals) broodmare who was turning 20 and hadn't been ridden in a decade. We pulled into the show grounds with an old red single-horse trailer with cardboard duct taped to the front where the window was missing, to park conspicuously amongst all the shiny new living quarters trailers. I was nervous, my mare was nervous. But you know what? We scored well over 60% in our two tests and took home a blue ribbon. That was eight years ago, and I was hooked instantly.

Don't mean to tell you my life story in one post. Sorry!

Good to meet you.
Cassie
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!   Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Happy to both hear the whole story and to have you aboard. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!   Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:21 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!   Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Love the story about the dressage show - you go !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!   Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Jonesboro, Arkansas!
Page 1 of 1