AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Tack Sale today... I scored!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!   Tack Sale today... I scored!!!! EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:14 pm

So, today was the annual 4-H tack sale, the BIG one. The one the whole area waits for each year. And of course, I saved my pennies, drug my daughter out of bed at 5 a.m., fed, watered, and headed out. We stood in line in 32 degree weather (yeah we're all crazy). Doors opened at 8 and wooooossshhhh, in we went along with about 300 of our now closest friends. Smile

I quickly set Kissy up against the wall, went and found a box and two buckets, took them back to Kissy, and then I went shopping.... Many trips back to Kissy, then back to the tables, then back, and back...

An hour later we got in line. And stood in line for over 2 flippin hours! Kissy's carrying those 2 BIG buckets full of stuff and I'm dragging this HUGE box overflowing with stuff, foot by foot through this long, winding, quarter mile long line... Halfway through the line my box broke. affraid Well, that didn't stop me, I quickly dug through my selections and pulled out some lead ropes and 'roped' that box back together again. cheers

We finally reached the cashier and it took that poor lady 3 full sized sheets to write everything down for my receipt and almost 45 minutes to do it in. Then Kissy and I had to figure out how we were to get 4, count them, 4, HUGE black garbage bags (think lawn and garden bags stuffed to overflowing) full of stuff out to my van... Luckily I batted my lovely long eye lashes and sweet talked a couple of fellas into helping us poor little women get our horsey items to the car...

So I spent $288.61 (including tax) and this is what all I got...

21 halters, 3 leather, 4 rope, and 1 ARABIAN SHOW HALTER (the rest are nylon)
3 nice thick sheep skin lined, saddle pads (one pony one)
6 blankets, 2 of which were new with tags still on, one was store tagged at $320 and I paid $35 for it.
2 trusty buckets
5 salt block holders
1 lounge whip
1 grazing muzzle (for use when breeding mares to my hair pulling stallion)
2 stud chains
2 headstalls/bridles with 5 1/4 in snaffle bits (dark leather)
4 tail wraps
9 lead ropes, 2 leather ones with chains, the rest are cotton/nylon
2 neck sweats
2 metal tail combs (love these and can't find them anywhere else)
3 brushes (for the new mare)
1 shedding rake
4 bolt snaps
1 show shirt for Kissy
1 hay net
2 trailer ties

Now I just gotta figure out where to hide all this stuff before Hubby comes home....

Do you think he'll notice the new blanket on the new rescued mare??? He won't notice that the doubled-up blankets she's been wearing since she arrived two weeks ago, are replaced with a brand spanking new one... Will he??

I'm hoping he'll miss the BRIGHT PINK bucket too...

I'm sure he'll miss that my Korey Man's nylon halter is replaced with a brand spanking new leather one, yep he'll miss that hanging by the stud pen... I hope...

He'll miss it all right?? He doesn't pay a whole lot of attention.... Most of the time lol.

I am a good wife though... I bought something to bribe him with lol. I got him a bright NEON yellow saddle pad for when he takes his solid black mare out into the woods, sadly they didn't have orange ones, so yellow will have to do. Smile Well, it was yellow or pink. Personally I think the mare would look great in pink, but I don't think Hubby will agree lol.

What can I say, I had a great day shopping, the promised OWS didn't fall and as amazing as it may seem..... THE SUN IS SHINING!!!

Now I'm off to find some 'hiding' spots, ice my back, and soak my aching feet. Smile
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!   Tack Sale today... I scored!!!! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 am

Congrats!!...you certainly did score...sounds like you got a great deal on a lot of things! ...wished I had something like that here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!   Tack Sale today... I scored!!!! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 am

Oh yeah good deals all around. The Arab show halter was $1, yep you read right. The silver conchos are a bit tarnished but will clean up easily, other than that it's in perfect shape and even came with the chain and lead. Smile The leather halters are all new with the store tags still on them.

Many many good deals all around.

Hubby came home and I showed him the 'store' total, he turned white lol. So, then I showed him the total on the receipt and he had to admit that I know how to shop lol. Poor guy about had a heart attack. I'm so bad, but I couldn't resist. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!   Tack Sale today... I scored!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tack Sale today... I scored!!!!
Page 1 of 1