AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Capitol Forest - WA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Capitol Forest - WA Empty
PostSubject: Capitol Forest - WA   Capitol Forest - WA EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm

For any others who might be up this way. I hear that the Capitol forest has a great trail system.

There's also the Pilchuck Tree Farm by Snohomish/Monroe and thier tree farm near Arlington as well.

While I haven't been on these trails, I have friends who have and they love them.

The Back Country Horseman Group up here does regular poker rides and has maps of most of the trail systems. (Can't find the link, but I will post it when I locate it).
Back to top Go down
Julie
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Capitol Forest - WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Forest - WA   Capitol Forest - WA EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:33 am

If someone has a green horse they want to take on a trail Lord's Hill between Snohomish and Monroe is ideal. Nice, easy trails and a good parking area. The hill up to the trailhead is kind of steep but we made it and I consider our truck gutless.

My favorite is to go over to Cle Elm, there is a horse camp with corrals and camp spots for the 2 leggeds. I haven't been there for 3-4 years now but it was in fairly good shape last time we were there. The trails run different degrees of difficult. You can ride to the lake, it's not bad or if you want to go for 22 miles you can ride up to Wapato. It's gorgeous, some up and downs and a small stretch of rock to get over. You can see the wild violets in May, but might also run into snow. There's lots of trails in this area, one of my favorite places.

Haney Meadows is another fun one if you can make it up the switchback with your truck and trailer. That's a test right there! I'd love to go down to Capitol Forest, I'll have to put that on the list!
Back to top Go down

Capitol Forest - WA
Page 1 of 1