AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Empty
PostSubject: Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest   Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:14 am

While me and my family went camping this weekend...I saw a bunch of trailheads that I would have just loved to go riding on...I know the area pretty good because we flyfish in Big Meadow, Taylor Creek, Manter Meadow...this area is spectacular for outdoor activities....here is a blurb on the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest...

LOCATION & TRAILS ACCESS

Dome Land, with a total acreage of 94,695, has about 45 miles of hiking/horse trails. Trailheads on the east side are near Rockhouse Meadow and at the Long Valley Campground (BLM). Access is via Nine Mile Canyon Road (J41) from US Highway 395 or Chimney Peak Road via State Highway 178. West side trailheads are at Big Meadow and Taylor Meadow. Two trails from Big Meadow can be reached from Kernville via Tulare County Road M99, Sherman Pass, and Cherry Hill Roads. Leading to Manter Meadow, the upper Big Meadow Trail is a rugged hike while the lower Big Meadow Trail follows more gentle terrain. The trail from Taylor Meadow (southeast of Big Meadow) also leads to Manter Meadow. North side access is available from the Blackrock/ Sherman Pass Road via the Dark Canyon and Woodpecker trails.

Here are some pics I took from our trip this weekend....you can see why it would be great to bring a horse along! Smile

This one may be hard to see...but Horse Meadow is in the center of the pic.
Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Dsc05310

This is of Big Meadow...great artesians springs that run through the meadow.
Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Dsc05311

Another shot of Big Meadow...can you picture yourself riding through this?
Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Dsc05312

Taylor Creek area near our campsite..
Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Dsc05410

Plenty of water for the horses in this area!...this is Taylor Creek where we camped and flyfished
Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest Dsc05313
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com

Trail Riding in the Domeland Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest
Page 1 of 1