AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jotr/Jtr Hunter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shafeen
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Jotr/Jtr Hunter   Jotr/Jtr Hunter EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm

I love this idea! Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

My daughter shows in HA hunter classes, 13 and under. How does judging in these classes differ from the purebred classes, if at all? For example, is a higher headset more acceptable in these classes or do the standards remain the same?

Is there anything that really stands out for you in the junior classes that you particularly like? Dislike?

Thanks so much!

LP
Back to top Go down
Lori Conway
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jotr/Jtr Hunter   Jotr/Jtr Hunter EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 am

The class specifications for Hunter Pleasure are exactly the same for the Purebred and the Half-Arabian. The scope and frame of the Half-Arabian can vary because of the variety of crosses available. Typically, the QH or other Stock-type/Arabian cross will have more bulk and substance than the Saddlebred or Thoroughbred/Arabian cross. A high-headed horse usually exhibits other negative characteristics which negate this type horse from being a good Hunter pleasure horse.

I am assuming when you say "junior classes" that you mean JOTR or JTR and not Junior Horse. Things that stand out to me is the package of the horse and rider. The way of moving, the attitude, the communication between the horse and rider, the whole picture, and not any one thing. The ability to show the horse, regardless of the circumstances, with authority and confidence, turned out and fulfilling the class specification better than anyone else in the ring will always be the winner! Best of luck to you and your daughter. Smile
Back to top Go down
feierdd
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jotr/Jtr Hunter   Jotr/Jtr Hunter EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 am

Hallo!Haven Series 1 DVD Boxset is a supernatural drama television series loosely based on the Stephen King novel The Colorado Kid. Haven Series 1 DVD Boxset, filmed in Canada, is an American/Canadian co-production. The one-hour drama premiered on July 9, 2010, on Syfy.Haven Series 1 DVD Boxset will be the first property to be produced for Syfy Pay channels around the globe, excluding Canada and Scandinavia.On October 7th, 2010, Haven Series 1 DVD Boxset was renewed by Syfy for a 13 episode second season set to air during 2011.I'm waiting in hope!
Back to top Go down
trixiesmom
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
trixiesmom

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jotr/Jtr Hunter   Jotr/Jtr Hunter EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Great comments, Lori...
I really try to drive home to my students that they need to RIDE their horses...not be passengers!!
You also mention turn out...that is another great discussion! As a judge, it would be great for readers to hear from you that some 'fashion' items may not belong in hunter pleasure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkhorseperformance.com
Sponsored content

Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jotr/Jtr Hunter   Jotr/Jtr Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Jotr/Jtr Hunter
Page 1 of 1