AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW

Go down 
+2
Mortazavi Farms
McShaneArabians
6 posters
AuthorMessage
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2008-11-27

MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW Empty
PostSubject: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Had a blast today....took *Noble Lord out to a local show with some friends...we did a great job and placed first in our class out of seven horses...all paint, appy's, and quarters....*NL was the only Arabian...the judge was a quarter horse judge, too! Later when the judge came up to the rail where I was standing, I thanked him for placing my horse and he told me..."you're welcome....he was a well turned out stallion." That made me feel proud and happy, and also proved a point that even though "he was a quarter horse judge" he won't use my horse with all the quarters/paints in the class proved untrue...this has happened to me once before at a local show with my *Aladdinn son....I showed him in an open stallion class of fifteen and took the class...wow!!...what a rush because there were some really fabulous paints and quarters in that class!...so there truly can be fairness even in areas dominated by certain breeds. Get out there and play!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Congrats! Glad you did well. I have been to shows where judges placed quarters and paints that didn't even belong in the ring. Terrible temperament, conformation and no movement at all. So, glad you did well.

Way to go King!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Amigo

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 pm

McShaneArabians wrote:
Had a blast today....took *Noble Lord out to a local show with some friends...we did a great job and placed first in our class out of seven horses...all paint, appy's, and quarters....*NL was the only Arabian...the judge was a quarter horse judge, too! Later when the judge came up to the rail where I was standing, I thanked him for placing my horse and he told me..."you're welcome....he was a well turned out stallion." That made me feel proud and happy, and also proved a point that even though "he was a quarter horse judge" he won't use my horse with all the quarters/paints in the class proved untrue...this has happened to me once before at a local show with my *Aladdinn son....I showed him in an open stallion class of fifteen and took the class...wow!!...what a rush because there were some really fabulous paints and quarters in that class!...so there truly can be fairness even in areas dominated by certain breeds. Get out there and play!!

You can do great with Arabians at open shows - I never met a QH judge that didn't put my horses first and champion. In fact, my horses were often complimented on great manners and absolutely correct legs, which were apparently two major areas where QH judges expected Arabians to be lacking. When you have a correct, well-behaved horse, get it out and show to the non-Arabian set - it's great breed promotion.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Stacy!!...we had a lot of fun and met some really nice and welcoming people...I might take him there a few more times during summer just for the heck of it!

Amigo wrote:
You can do great with Arabians at open shows - I never met a QH judge that didn't put my horses first and champion. In fact, my horses were often complimented on great manners and absolutely correct legs, which were apparently two major areas where QH judges expected Arabians to be lacking. When you have a correct, well-behaved horse, get it out and show to the non-Arabian set - it's great breed promotion.

Oh yes!!...this is so true!...I had so many paint/quarter people telling me that it was refreshing seeing something different in the ring and how gorgeous *NL was. I have also seen Arabians that shouldn't have been in the ring as well...gave a bad name to the breed many times...but, I have to give people credit for getting out there and having fun with their horses...I was once a starry-eyed horse crazy young girl at one time, too!
Back to top Go down
Whoacomer
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Whoacomer

Female
Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Glad to see you enjoying your horse Becca, he's a beautiful stallion...

congrats on the show also..

Brandy
Back to top Go down
http://www.brandyworley.com
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 am

Way to go Rebecca! April 1st I'll be taking Psymin to a Hunter Breeding class. This is similar to Sport Horse in Hand, but no triangle to run (thank god!). We'll see how he stands up to the warmbloods/TBs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:17 am

That is GREAT news Rebecca. Way to represent your horse, yourself, the Army and the breed.
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 am

Thanks everyone...I kind of had to giggle because here was this lah di dah multi champion stallion playing at a little open show tied to a horse trailer...I think that was probably his first one!...lol...while I respect the titles he's earned...I also think it's great that I can load him in the trailer and roll up on a community show, too...I think it's good for him to be just a 'regular' horse, too Smile

Good luck Nat...I hope you guys tear it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW   MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW Empty

Back to top Go down

MRVHA APPLE VALLEY, CA TRAINING SHOW
Page 1 of 1