AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??

Go down 
+4
missprovidence
Ranyiah_86
DELGADO
Shayquinn
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Woo hoo! I just found this thread, I guess I'm a little late Sad I'll have my mare at AHCC and hopefully the AHANE show as well. I am flat-out broke right now, even just those shows are going to really stretch my budget, but I would love to stall near you guys if at all possible and pitch in to split a tack stall! I don't know anybody in the region yet, because, as some of you know, I just moved here from region 13, so I'm really looking forward to meeting the Ammy Army group Smile

I am also a braider (wink wink) with years of experience braiding on the AA rated H/J circuit and the Arab circuit, so let me know if you could use help with that!

I didn't get my entries in by the deadline so it looks like I'll have to pay post entry fees, but oh well. How fast do the stalls get reserved? Do you guys all have your paperwork in already?
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Welcome.... better late than never ... I'm not showing this year but I'll be attending to meet everyone and to watch the show ... I might be taking some photos ... haha no I'll deffinately be taking photos lol.... and will be able to help out where ever help is needed.

Shana I love that Idea .... though Khon's actually Black ... he keeps trying to bleach out to be bay ... so don't tell him he looks good bleached out ... I'd LIKE him to be black lol .... Actually a bay horse works great .. it's easier to draw a dark, though not to dark horse ... ahh gotta run .. will post later

Ok so just editing to add ....
The more I keep looking at ideas I like the horse head,neck .. maybe shoulder look.... I was thinking of doing a circle with Region 16 along the top and Ammy Army along the bottom. .... Unless ya'll think doing it the other way would be better ... or if there's another way such as a banner type look .. Which I'd be willing to draw up. Just let me know what ideas are floating around in your noggins .. If I don't think I can do it I'll say so :-D
Back to top Go down
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Shayquinn

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:14 pm

The more I keep looking at ideas I like the horse head,neck .. maybe shoulder look.... I was thinking of doing 16 aa circle with Region 16 along the top and Ammy Army along the bottom. .... Unless ya'll think doing it the other way would be better ... or if there's another way such as a banner type look .. Which I'd be willing to draw up. Just let me know what ideas are floating around in your noggins .. If I don't think I can do it I'll say so :-D

Ok I really like the part that I highlighted! Sounds great to me!! I can not wait to see it!!!

Huntseat--I have not sent my paperwork in yet, entries are due by June 1st for AHANE so I will be sending them out before that. Before I do, I will be contacting whoever is in charge for that show, can not think of it off hand, to see about reserving a small block of stalls for the Ammy Army. I am not sure how it works, hopefully you do not have to put down a CC or anything! I am sure we will probably not be in the main barn, which is fine by me, especially for our first year together! BUT my goal is to get into that main barn!!!!

SO the next questions is I would like to know as soon as possible WHO wants to stall with us. Once we have this number we can then figure out how many tack stall we will need. If it is only a few of us maybe we could get bywith one tack stall and one grooming stall. I will contact AHANE people by the end of this week and post what they say!

Hopefully next week I will work on getting the drapes ordered, and maybe we can have all the windbreaker ideas together and have them to distribute at AHANE!

When is AHCC? I forget, have had a real bad memory lately bc of everything going on. Well anyways I want to make sure to come up and help ya out in anyway you need it! Did I tell you guys I was CPT of my college equestrian team, so I am a pro at giving legs up, shining boots and what not! LOL

Oh and I know what you are talking about being broke!! I have just started working again aftering being on a two month hiatus bc of breaking my femur.....I DO NOT recommend it girls, if you wanna break something go for a toe or something small.....LOL
Back to top Go down
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Shayquinn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

UMMM ohhh yeah, was just looking at myself limping......if my leg is not fully healed by that weekend I am gonna need one of your guys to show my girl! BUT lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that I can run.....LOL with out falling would be good toooo
Back to top Go down
Tekii184
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Tekii184

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:04 pm

*Crosses fingers* well at least you're off your crutches .. it's a start ... you SHOULD be fine by then .. but I'm sure thing's could always be worked out ... And yes I completely agree .. if you're going to break something .. KEEP IT SMALL!! ;-) ... but preferably nothing in the face ..... no broken noses .. they make for funny show photos ;-)
Back to top Go down
Ranyiah_86
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Ranyiah_86

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey hopefully before June 1 you can count Rana and I in Shana. As for breaking things, dont try breaking a toe that really hurts or concusions. Then you cant ride. Great to hear Shana that your off your crutches! I will get in touch with you on Facebook. Wink
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:16 am

I don't mean to try to skimp on you guys, I feel bad for even saying this, but if I don't USE a grooming stall, would I still be expected to pitch in? I've never had use for a grooming stall, I always just tack up in the horse's stall. Also, I can keep my stuff tidy and small, I won't take up much space at all in the tack stall. If I don't end up stalling with you guys, I probably won't get a tack stall at all, too darn expensive.

I DID get a nice fat paycheck today, and other than the farrier, I shouldn't have any expenses that my emergency fund won't cover between now and the show, so I think I'm in OK shape, but I'm still going to be broke by the time it's all over and done with!

You can count me in for AHCC (22-24) but I'm still not sure about AHANE.
Back to top Go down
Shayquinn
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Shayquinn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm

That is fine if we do not get a grooming stall, I always do my girl in her stall too! And of course not if we did get a grooming stall you would not be expected to pay for one...silly goose Wink ! I am not going to be ready for AHCC Sad but I def want to come up and help you in anyway possible. I am also going to be on the look out for others in Region 16 that are going to AHCC so we can hopefully find others so that you are not all alone at your first Region 16 show....you wont be ALL alone bc I will be coming up there!!! So that being said are you going to show in any Equitation classes??? I think that you will kick some a$$ and clean up in Equitation, you should just try one anyway while you are still a junior I think!
Also I love to stand on the rail and make you smile....usually by sticking my tongue at you! Christina already asked me if I would "coach" her on the rail, she actually said Shana will you YELLL sh*t at me on the rail...hahahahahah I said of course! I am hoping that I can get the curtains by the AHCC show and Marielle (sp?) you will be the first one in Region 16......no pressure tho...LOL Laughing

My friend at her first show with her new TB got stepped on by him coming out of the trailer, and he broke her toe! She still managed to somehow get her boots on and show him, winning her class....SoOoOoOo it can be done, BUT she was fighting back tears the whole time!

Anyways I gotta fly! Hope you all have a great day and happy trails!!
Shana
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Shayquinn wrote:
That is fine if we do not get a grooming stall, I always do my girl in her stall too! And of course not if we did get a grooming stall you would not be expected to pay for one...silly goose Wink ! I am not going to be ready for AHCC Sad but I def want to come up and help you in anyway possible. I am also going to be on the look out for others in Region 16 that are going to AHCC so we can hopefully find others so that you are not all alone at your first Region 16 show....you wont be ALL alone bc I will be coming up there!!! So that being said are you going to show in any Equitation classes??? I think that you will kick some a$$ and clean up in Equitation, you should just try one anyway while you are still a junior I think!
Also I love to stand on the rail and make you smile....usually by sticking my tongue at you! Christina already asked me if I would "coach" her on the rail, she actually said Shana will you YELLL sh*t at me on the rail...hahahahahah I said of course! I am hoping that I can get the curtains by the AHCC show and Marielle (sp?) you will be the first one in Region 16......no pressure tho...LOL Laughing

My friend at her first show with her new TB got stepped on by him coming out of the trailer, and he broke her toe! She still managed to somehow get her boots on and show him, winning her class....SoOoOoOo it can be done, BUT she was fighting back tears the whole time!

Anyways I gotta fly! Hope you all have a great day and happy trails!!
Shana

This is exciting! I'm really sorry that you won't be able to show, but thank you SO much for being so willing to lend a helping hand!

I think equitation will be a blast. It will be a new experience for both of us, and I hope we can handle the pattern, but no matter what happens we'll have fun doing it Very Happy I may need some rail-yelling too, especially in eq. When I show, I tend to revert to bad habits when I'm focusing totally on my horse, so I may need some "Chin up and SMILE" reminders.

My girlie is getting her show shoes on next week, and things are finally starting to come together as far as getting prepared to show. I'm still in need of a hunt coat and a few other various things (Anybody have a stitched cob size hunter bridle for sale cheap?) and I'm still working on the details, but I have a little bit of time... I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go camp out style in my trailer. I don't have LQ, but my trailer does have a little bed in it that will work for a couple of nights. Not that I sleep much at shows anyway.

I am trying to stay calm, and you guys are really helping! I've shown for years and years, I've managed an entire show program at the barn I worked at, I have groomed at countless shows, but this is my first time showing at a class A show completely ON MY OWN with no trainer, no barn, no friends (other than you guys, of course!) It's a little nerve wracking, especially considering my dad is NOT a horse person by any means, but it will work out!

Here are pictures of my mare from our last workout. I braided her up just to see if I like the mudknot on her. I'm not sold, but her tail is SO short and skimpy (she ripped out her tail last summer, it was SO long! Sad) that I'm almost embarrassed to show with it down. These are NOT good pictures but they're the only recent ones I have.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3650/3498784025_06dcbb5ae3.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3499602360_04a599acde.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3499600428_24b09c6d5b.jpg?v=0
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:23 am

My personal view....I HATE mud knots!!LOL My HA was put in one for the same reason as your mare, at Scottsdale, 2006. All I could see as she went around the arena was her butt going like a freight train!!LOL She's a good sized (a little chunky) gray and that's all I could see! Then I read a judge's comments on the tail issues in a magazine and he said he didn't want to see mud knots unless it had been raining inside the arena for days... Even if it's short, it may be alright. I've seen horses with tails that you KNOW baby chewed off and still placed high in their classes. So if you are comfortable with how she looks without the knot, even if it's short, go for the no mud knot.

Good luck and please post how you are doing so we can cheer you on!!!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:24 am

P.S. I LOVE your mare! She really looks like a hunter!!!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Thank you! Like I said, I'm not really sure if I like them or not, especially on her. I have seen a few horses that I think it works well on, but I don't think she's one of them. I suppose I'll just have to start working on her tail again and maybe it'll be long again in another 4 years Sad

Personally, I think it looks GREAT on this guy (TOA Amadeus), not every horse can do it.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v150/67/78/680934207/n680934207_171473_6610.jpg

And thank you VERY much for the comment about her as a hunter. Every once in awhile I get down on myself because she isn't a big flashy mover like most of the hunters out there, so it is nice to hear that other people do like her Smile Regardless of what anybody thinks, *I* will always think that she's the greatest horse on the planet!
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm

My girl is a powerful mover, just not tall enough, so I get down on her sometimes because of that! She was the smallest HA in her classes at Scottsdale and she stands 15.1! But she kept up with all of those big guys out there! She's almost 100% Arab with just a tiny spec of Pinto in there, but she still has to show HA. To me, she will always be the winner regardless of where she comes in!!!LOL So I can relate with what you feel about your mare.

Keep working on that tail. It will grow, I promise!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah, it is sometimes tough to trot into the ring believing that you are the best when you're competing against a ring full of breyer models. Melody is 14.1hh, and although she can move decently when she's shod up and in shape, she still doesn't look like a country horse, unlike a lot of current hunters. I still know that she has the biggest heart in the ring though!
Back to top Go down
huntseat
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
huntseat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:26 pm

I just got back from the HVAHA show (just watching)! It was a lot of fun, GORGEOUS facility! I can't wait to show Melody there!

Somewhat unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to stable with the Ammy Army, but I will certainly help out and hang out with you guys! I might be grooming for Windswept Stables (or Farms? I'm not sure, silly me) and I will stable with them. It looks like they might be hauling my horse down for me, I'm waiting to hear back about that.

I took lots of videos today which I am sorting through now. I'll share them when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??   Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in representing Ammy Army on the east coast??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2