AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show questions?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Show questions? Empty
PostSubject: Show questions?   Show questions? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 am

While I was at Nationals, I talked to several friends about how much we missed having lots of 'Class C' and dirt circuit shows around. When we both started showing as kids, it seemed like you could go to a show every weekend. And we loved it. We tried absolutely every discipline...made lots of lasting friendships (I continue to show Class A shows with some of the people I met at local dirt circuits years and years ago)....

So last night, I looked into the ACS shows. We're toying with the idea of a fun ACS Youth/Amateur show. And maybe, if we see the need later on, a Class A Youth/Amateur only show.

But I have a few questions I'd like people's opinion on....

How far are you willing to haul for a non rated show (ACS, Class C)?
How far are you willing to haul for a rated show (Class A)? (Does anyone know, do Class Bs even count for qualifications anymore?)
Would you be more inclined to haul in for a one day or two day non rated show?
What types of classes would you like to see in a non rated show?
Would you be okay with a non AHA sanctioned judge for a non rated show (assuming they are knowledgable and fair--eg someone considering sitting for their judges card, etc)?
Would you be okay with a non Arabian person (but active in the sport horse community--eg dressage or H/J trainers that deal with all breeds) judging Sport Horse Classes in a non rated show?
Would dressage classes or over fences classes make you more inclined to come to a non rated show?
Would working cow classes make you more inclined to come to a non rated show?
How important are paybacks to you in a non rated show?
How important are nice ribbons/high point awards to you in a non rated show?
What are your feelings about splitting purebred/half arab classes or running them together at a non rated show?
What would you consider minimum facility requirements that you would like at a non rated show?
Ideas for good classes/divisions/non show activities (dinners, etc) for non rated shows? Things you'd like to see? Things you wouldn't like to see done?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com
Cache
MAJOR
MAJOR
Cache

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Show questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show questions?   Show questions? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Forgot one....

What do you think are fair fees for a non rated show (one day or two day)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormfirearabians.com

Show questions?
Page 1 of 1