AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Had To Share!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Ok, I'm need to put this out there cause I'm soooooooo excited!

I got a mare for a birthday present (in November, 1997) about 12 years ago. She was taken in a board lien sale and I got her from them through my now deceased trainer. She had been injured and lost her left eye from some sort of blow. Broke her orbital bone. Her registered name is Kailos Halwa. The partnership at the time with my business partner ended a few months later - AFTER she was bred and checked in foal to Fire An Ice (Christmas present, 1997, bred her in 1998). The issue was her papers. My business partner was supposed to have gotten her papers so that the resulting foal could be registered. Well, that didn't happen. So I got the colt I wanted and couldn't get papers..... I have been trying to get all the paperwork in order from the stable she was left at for the past 11 years. I've tried tracking down her recorded owner with no success. This lady dumped 7 horses at this stable, 2 in foal. I know of 3 that were saved, 2 went to the sale yard and I believe one is deceased. I don't know what happened to the others. All were mares with fantastic Egyptian bloodlines. Such a shame!

Anyway, Wednesday last week, I got the final paper to transfer this mare into my name!!!!!! The stable owner's widow got her attorney to write the legal letter and gave me an actual bill of sale so that Arabian can transfer her to me. Can I say that I was crying my eyes out???!!!LOL Now, one last step and I can get my wonderful stallion registered. Nope, didn't cut him, kept hoping.... My daughter went out and hugged both of them, told Kallie that now she's a legal gal again and that Sunny, her colt, can now start to earn his keep!!LOL

So I'm hoping that by the end of this summer, I can add WR Some Like It Hot to the Ammy Army stallion lineup. He's small, but makes up for it with his presence. Bright chestnut, 4 white socks, star, strip, snipe and carries the sabino gene through his dam's side, flaxen mane and tail, extreme head and neck, fantastic attitude. Can't wait to post pictures, too.

So persistence pays off sometimes with these rescues. You just have to keep at it. cheers cheers cheers

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:01 am

Mary,

That's great news. I'm on the rescue and rehoming subcommittee of AHA. We love stories like your's.

I wish AHA would lower or eliminate the registration fees for rescues to make them more easily to adopt.

Dave
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:29 am

I agree Dave! I would be ever so supportive of that. My daughter and I have done our share of rescuing horses and the breed registries can really be a difficult procedure to get papers straightened out. It's not just Arabian. I had a not successful dealing with Appaloosa on a mare we had known since birth and had a tremendous show record as a reining/reined cow horse. They refused to transfer her papers because "it may not be her" issue. We even offered DNA/Blood typing and letters from her breeder, but it was refused.

I think that if Arabian did lower the fee it would be a huge help. There are so many Arabians, it seems, that are in bad situations or have been removed from bad places, have these fantastic bloodlines and show records, it would be a benefit to the breed if we could get them back into the Registry and continue their heritage. Maybe if enough of us put enough input out there to Arabian, it could happen. I'm all for it!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
audie
MAJOR
MAJOR
audie

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Congratulations on such a happy story, cheers Ellen
Back to top Go down
http://libertyequinesupply.com
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am

Thank you, Audie! We're still jumping up and down about it and of course, crying! My daughter and I have both been working like crazy on this for all these years and it's just overwhelming to know we finally have it finished!!

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Had To Share!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had To Share!!!   Had To Share!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Had To Share!!!
Page 1 of 1