AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!

Go down 
+2
DELGADO
Mortazavi Farms
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! Empty
PostSubject: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:15 am

Our first Ammy Army get together. We've had 5 farms showing together under the cammo curtins. I will share my story, but encourage the rest of our group to post as well.

MF Khafaz Fahim has placed 3rd in SHIH Open and ATH. He actually tied with the 2nd place horse in both classes (same horse!). He has showed in Hunter Pleasure Jr horse 3 & 4 year olds, still waiting on the championship class on Saturday. We don't expect to place, but are hoping to put in a good ride. Our boy is so much younger than the other horses he's competing against.

MF Amirah Samrah has placed 3rd and 4th in SHIH. She has had a good show and has been a very good girl. She is tired now and ready to go home.

Ibn Ibn Jehan was placed Top 10 in 2 year old colts Halter Open! He showed very well, as did I! I watched our video today and couldn't believe how well we showed! I also had a big fall, Jehan spooked at something on the rail and bumped me in the back. He managed to jump over me, then stop and wait for me to get up! Such a good boy! Waiting for a photo of him from Natalie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male
Number of posts : 1031

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:36 am

Great run Stacy!!!!!

TF SIR PRIZE: Top 10 5YO and older Stallions (AAOTH)
Reserve Champion 5YO and older Stallions (AAOTH).

SIRPREMACY DP: Top 5 2YO colts (AAOTH)
Top 10 2YO colts (OPEN)

Still to go.....TF SIR PRIZE 6YO Stallions (OPEN) and SIRPREMACY DP SSS 2YO colts (ATH)

Army count.....6 Scottsdale Top 10s, 1 Reserve, 3 thirds and a 6th. Not a bad run for 8 independent horse:)
Back to top Go down
Natalie Angstadt
COLONEL
COLONEL
Natalie Angstadt

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm SO behind on the photos! Please forgive me!!! I'm just way exhausted. I promise to get them emailed to everyone tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nnarabians.com
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female
Number of posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm very excited to add that my boy, *Noble Lord JP, won his section and advanced to Liberty finals where he earned a Top 5 placing and a piece of the money pie, too! Del and I had fun putting Grandpa and Grandson's noses together much to the excitement and roar of the crowd! It was an exhibit that had the crowd yelling for more!

My heartfelt thanks goes out to Jerome Strack of SVS Arabians and Austin Garrett for being my catch partners in the Liberty class...I couldn't have done it without you both!

Anyway...I was very happy to add my blue and burgundy ribbons to the Ammy Army cammo wall with all the other proud and hard earned ribbons and Top Ten plaques!
Back to top Go down
http://www.McShaneArabians.com
halterhoss
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
halterhoss

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Success story ; a Top Ten in the auction class.

Not such a success, the drive home. 10 miles from our offramp we had a blow out on the truck. I get the truck and trailer on the side of the road but it was so steep there that the truck and trailer where at such an angle that I wasnt able to get a jack under the truck. Ford should be shot where they mount the spare tire. try to get that sucker from under there in the dark with cars racing by isnt fun.

We have emergency road side assistance from Geico so we called and after about an hour someone shows up. In the meantime Quantico is in the trailer getting more pissed by the minute from all the big trucks zooming by and is kicking and stomping.

We though it was the outside right rear tire that was blown since it was flat. The tow truck dude changed it and when we are starting to drive we still hear this horrible sound. I get out of the truck and low and behold the right front tire, while still inflated has also lost the thread which ripped off the inner part of the wheel well which is scraping the tire. So now what, only 1 spare and 2 flats. We took the spare of the rear again and put that on the blown front and replaced the rear with the original flat tire since I still have one good tire on that side. He put air in the original rear flat tire and it kept its pressure. So we believe that we actually might have been driving a while on the flat rear but didnt notice because of the dually part. This morning it was still fully inflated. Almost like someone let the air out as a prank since I know driving to Scottsdale yesterday morning it was all fine.

So what was supposed to be a easy 2 hour drive home became a 6 hour ordeal on the side of a freeway. The only good thing is that Quantico settled down after an hour or so and is now definately used to speeding trucks in front of his face. When he got of the trailer at home and I walked him in the barn he nickered to his sire and I think he said "I did it Dad"!!!

Last edited by halterhoss on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mortazavi Farms
COLONEL
COLONEL
Mortazavi Farms

Female
Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Jerome, I am so sorry that this happened! It was a long show and end of the show for you, then this!

I'm sorry that we didn't get to say goodbye to you and Monique. Persia was very tired and we needed to get on the road. We got home around 1am, slept by 2 (3am AZ time!) Drive was pretty uneventful, but everyone was tired. Jr didn't even want to eat by the end of the trip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mortazavifarms.com
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:06 pm

I am so very happy to hear that everyone got home safe and sound. Jerome, I am sorry it was an ordeal but I think Quantico bragging to Fornaio is simply classic.

Well, my show successes? Meeting all the Ammy Army members. Laughing with them, sweating with them, worrying with them, and rejoicing with them is all the success we were in search of.

Added bonuses...

TF SIR PRIZE, Top Ten 5 YO and older Stallion AAOTH. Reserve champion 5 and older Stallions AAOTH. Top Ten 6 Year old Stallion (OPEN). Top 5 Liberty.

SIRPREMACY DP, Top Ten 2YO Colt (AAOTH). Top Ten 2YO Colt (OPEN)
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Wow, Jerome...that is really an awful experience and a worst nightmare! I'm so glad you and Monique and Quantico did finally make it home safely. I'm sure Quantico will have plenty of stories to tell Fornaio and Fornaio will just nod his head and tell him this is just the beginning of something wonderful son!
Back to top Go down
DELGADO
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
DELGADO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! Img_5810
Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! Img_5811
Back to top Go down
McShaneArabians
BRIGADIER GENERAL
BRIGADIER GENERAL
McShaneArabians

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Look at that "trick trained" stallion! lol..yeah right!
Back to top Go down
dave
CORPORAL
CORPORAL

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 am

I'll brag from last year. My filly *TA Zofia went region one top five sport horse mare open and AOTH. Not bad for a butt high two year old competing against mature horses.

I'm hoping for a repeat this year.

Del, the all fours off the ground is great.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!   Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottsdale 2009 sucess stories, mine, but let's all share!
Page 1 of 1