AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Welcome back
AMMY ARMY HEADQUARTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVE NO ENTHUSIAST BEHIND!!!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great news!!

Go down 
+2
Austin
CVR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Okay, I know I'm not a youth member, but...

I've been looking and looking for a place for my 10 year old daughter to take lessons at. I finally found a GREAT match. She will be taking lessons at a very nice, Arabian Horse mentoring barn. Best of all she has two lesson horses (both Arabian geldings) to use AND will eventually be able to show those horses. The plan is to have her showing the A circuit on these horses by next fall. (Yeah, they think she's that good already.)

She is totally excited!

For now I'll keep everyone updated on her progress on here and once I get her computer fixed, I'll 'approve' this site for her so she can come in and chat with you all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Austin
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Austin

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Awesome!!! That's a really great program - we need more like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.garretttraining.com
CVR
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:03 am

She had her first lesson today. She did so good. I'm so proud of her. First she walked, then she jogged. She spent a lot of time learning to 'give leg' to the horse. Smile

Sounds simple, but it took her a bit of time to get it down, but she did.

She's riding western and I took down her little pony saddle. We still couldn't get the stirrups short enough for her and she kept loosing her stirrups. It was so cute, she'd roll her eyes, stop, and then put her foot back in, then off she'd go again. I think I'll be punching holes tonight.

They were so good with her. She had an instructor on the ground and then one got on another horse and rode along side her showing her with his horse exactly what he was talking about and then having her do it with her horse. She was picking 'stuff' up really fast. Smile

She helped groom, tack up, warm up, wrap up, everything and only then did she get to ride. And afterwards, she helped take care of the horse. She learned to lounge the youngsters and how to cross-tie train them. So, it's not just learning to ride, it's learning caring for horses too. Most of it she already knows, but she's listening much better to them than she does to me. Smile What can I say, I'm Mom and it goes in one ear and out the other when I say something.

I'm really happy that I found this barn and she hasn't stopped talking since. Smile No lesson next week as the barn is going to a show in Salem, but the Saturday after we go back. Hopefully I'll get some pics that turn out good.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
Eliza

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:25 am

That's awesome, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Amigo
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
Amigo

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:56 pm

CVR wrote:
She had her first lesson today. She did so good. I'm so proud of her. First she walked, then she jogged. She spent a lot of time learning to 'give leg' to the horse. Smile

Sounds simple, but it took her a bit of time to get it down, but she did.

She's riding western and I took down her little pony saddle. We still couldn't get the stirrups short enough for her and she kept loosing her stirrups. It was so cute, she'd roll her eyes, stop, and then put her foot back in, then off she'd go again. I think I'll be punching holes tonight.

They were so good with her. She had an instructor on the ground and then one got on another horse and rode along side her showing her with his horse exactly what he was talking about and then having her do it with her horse. She was picking 'stuff' up really fast. Smile

She helped groom, tack up, warm up, wrap up, everything and only then did she get to ride. And afterwards, she helped take care of the horse. She learned to lounge the youngsters and how to cross-tie train them. So, it's not just learning to ride, it's learning caring for horses too. Most of it she already knows, but she's listening much better to them than she does to me. Smile What can I say, I'm Mom and it goes in one ear and out the other when I say something.

I'm really happy that I found this barn and she hasn't stopped talking since. Smile No lesson next week as the barn is going to a show in Salem, but the Saturday after we go back. Hopefully I'll get some pics that turn out good.

Sounds like you found a really good instructor. I think it's great that they are teaching her the whole nine yards. Not just having her horse ready when she arrives, toss her up, and go.
Back to top Go down
westernarabs
LIEUTENANT
LIEUTENANT
westernarabs

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Having "taught" my own daughter things in the horse world, believe me, they do hear you!LOL Mine is a very accomplished horsewoman today at 30 and she started riding with me when she was 2, so it does sink in. They just don't want us to know they are really listening.

It's great you found such a great barn for her to take lessons in. Those are worth their weight in gold! Can't wait to see pictures of her and the lessons.

Mary S.
Back to top Go down
arabians4ever
CORPORAL
CORPORAL
arabians4ever

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

CVR, that's is just terrific! The most important thing for the young ones is to get them started correctly. It's the only way to build their confidence and to make young "horsemen/women" out of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great news!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great news!!   Great news!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great news!!
Page 1 of 1